I agree improvements are needed in many of the nation’s public schools, but as a former private school and public school educator I am tired of hearing people (mostly Republican politicians) criticize public schools without also acknowledging there are many excellent pub...
... middle of paper ...
...ors of this nation have had a belly full of political leaders who talk the talk but fail to walk the walk when it comes to the education of our nation’s children. It will take more than a big ego spewing generalities to bring about needed changes in public schools; it will take a big man who has the wisdom, vision, and guts to stand against a political system and public handicapped by tunnel vision when it comes to public school education. It will take an extraordinary leader to put a stop to the norm of browbeating educators into humbled submission. It will take a leader with high expectations for success, but an even higher appreciation for the humanity and educational expertise of teachers and school administrators devoted to the children of this country. Is Donald Trump that man? I don’t know. Like thousands of educators, I hope so, but I am waiting to see.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Friday Night Lights - Just Read It . Meat head, dumb jock. These are just two of the many derogatory labels given to football players. Is it possible for me, a meat head, to hear the criticisms dealt to the sport of football. Is it possible for me, a dumb football jock, to understand and be objective about the issues raised in the book, Friday Night Lights. Yes, because I'm not the stereotypical football player like those described of Odessa, Texas. The football players in Odessa were generally a wild party crowd.... [tags: friday]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- In the technological world we live in, where we’re only a click away from accessing the web, with billions and billions of searches to our question, plagiarizing has become easier than before. Plagiarism is the act of taking other people 's work and ideas without giving them credit. This can include any form of cheating. Plagiarism Lines Blur for Students in the Digital Age, written by Trip Gabriel explores the misunderstanding of plagiarism by students. It also provide anecdotes and reasons given by different people to why students plagiarize without necessarily choosing a stand.... [tags: Education, High school, Teacher, Plagiarism]
757 words (2.2 pages)
- Shakespeare the Plagiarist Shakespeare was a man of many accomplishments. Many were in his writings; others were in his great director and playwright skills. The play Hamlet is one of the most re-created and re-written books to date. Hamlet is still being performed in theaters around the world. Even though many people perceive Shakespeare as a literary genius, we can not give him sole credit for his plays and sonnets. With a few exceptions, Shakespeare did not invent the plots of his plays. Sometimes he used old stories (Hamlet, Pericles).... [tags: Plagiarism Shakespeare]
1265 words (3.6 pages)
- Analysis of Friday Night Lights Friday Night Lights is a good view of how football envelops the live of everyone in the Texas town of Odessa. While it does use football as a main theme, I don't believe it is a book mainly about sports. The story is mostly about the people in a town that has nothing to look forward to except football.... [tags: Movie Film Analysis]
960 words (2.7 pages)
- All week long, the only thing everyone can talk about is Friday night. “What are you doing this weekend?” And the first thing you’ll hear out of any college student’s mouth is “getting shitty-faced.” Sounds like we got a plan. So Friday night rolls around, and there is a thick and definitely noticeable electricity in the air because everyone is pumped up to go out and drink the week away. All of them say they drink because they “like the taste.” That’s bullshit. If they really like the taste, they wouldn’t have to play ignorant little games to coax them into drinking the crap.... [tags: essays research papers]
395 words (1.1 pages)
- Friday Night Lights Is High School football a sport, or is it more than that to some people. Recent newspaper headlines include such items as coaches abusing student athletes; fathers of athletes murdering coaches, and mother’s disabilitating cheerleading candidates to assure their daughters make the cheerleading team. In Odessa, Texas high school football is a major contributor to the society of a small town in Texas society. Every Friday night, 50,000 people fill the stadium to see high school students put their lives on the line to win a football game.... [tags: Movie Film Football Essays]
864 words (2.5 pages)
- On a Friday It was a cool sunny Friday morning, the air was crisp blended with a hint of winter. There was smell of warm fresh oatmeal, bacon, and scrambled eggs. The smell made its way into my room. Although it was early I still decided to get up and see what was brewing in the kitchen. I got up out of bed and shuffled in my slippers to where the scent was originating. As I walked on over, I tripped over something, my hands broke my fall. I looked toward on what tripped me, then there it was, a giant armor-wearing, sword-bearing dolphin.... [tags: essays research papers]
711 words (2 pages)
- Friday Night Football Friday night football - the night everybody is getting ready for. I can smell the grassy field and the sweaty players. It's five o'clock and I'm getting ready for the game. Taking my time with everything and making sure everything is perfect, from every single strand of hair being in the right place to making sure there are no wrinkles in my uniform. As I look at the clock, it says 5:45, I better hurry up because I have to be at the game at 6, and I still have to pick up your friend.... [tags: Papers]
654 words (1.9 pages)
- Internet Plagiarism "I am an Evil House of Cheat subscriber. Ever since I've had access to your service my grade in English 102 has gone from an 'F' to a 'B.' I use the cheathouse for other classes too, like Philosophy and history. Thank you for saving my butt— A happy anonymous user." Testimonials trumpet across Evil House of Cheat's Web site (cheathouse.com), gushing praise for this racket, which lets online clients download their pick of more than 1000 previously written term papers for free.... [tags: Online Plagiarism]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- I know plagiarism is something that isn't respected, condoned, or excepted in any part of the education process. Either is it tolerated in any type of assignment. Not only does it steal someone elses work, it robes yourself of the learning experience you can gain on the assignment. Plagiarism by definition is immoral and unethical. Plagiarism is: The submission of material authored by another person but represented as the students own work, whether that material is paraphrased or copied in verbatim or near-verbatim form.... [tags: Plagiarism Essays]
1909 words (5.5 pages)