Memphis is considered the home of blues music, but the city’s claim to fame also includes the mansion Elvis Presley lived in. Although the city has many wonderful attractions, these are the most memorable places to visit in Memphis.
Memphis is the largest city in Tennessee with a population totaling more than 670,000. Besides being the house of blues, the city is also famous because of Elvis Presley’s mansion, Greenland. For its size, Memphis is jammed with must-do and must-see choices, so if you want to experience its full flavor, consider staying for a few days. Although Graceland is the city’s most famous attraction, there are numerous places to visit in Memphis. Beale Street and the Memphis Zoo are the most visited attraction in Memphis. We also included the National Civil Rights Museum, Sun Studio and Shelby Farms Park on the must-see list.
Memphis is the largest city in Tennessee with a population totaling more than 670,000. Memphis is considered to be the home of blues music, but the city’s claim to fame also includes the mansion Elvis Presley...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Separate but Not Equal Beale Avenue, which was later renamed Beale Street was established, in 1841, by a self made entrepreneur by the name of Robertson Topp Beale Street, which is located in downtown Memphis, is commonly known as the “heart of Memphis”. Beale is one of Memphis’s most famous places to visit and can also be considered as a monument in Memphis, Tennessee. Whether it is the mouth watering food venues, wild nightlife, or even the bands playing blues, people are drawn to Beale Street with the expectations to experience a great time.... [tags: Racial segregation, African American]
1644 words (4.7 pages)
- Whether you call it the Heart of the Shoals, the Renaissance City, the Bible Belt, or Flotown, about forty thousand people call it home. Florence, Alabama is located at the foot of Muscle Shoals on a hill overlooking the Tennessee River. Life is simply beautiful in Florence, from the beautiful University of North Alabama campus to the historic downtown area to the view of the Tennessee River. Florence is one of the oldest cities in Alabama being established in the early 18th century. But how did this historic city begin and grow into what it is today.... [tags: US historical tourist spots]
897 words (2.6 pages)
- ATTENTION CITIZENS OF MEMPHIS, TN: THIS IS A MESSAGE FROM THE DIRECTORS OF PUBLIC HEALTH. There has been a recent outbreak of an infectious disease in this area. All communication is down and this is the only way to warn citizens on how to properly prepare for the crisis. The Director of Public Health has designed a plan for survival against the infected. In this plan, the following steps will include: safe places to go, how to avoid infection, what to do when infected, and where to send the sick.... [tags: Epidemiology, Infection]
1152 words (3.3 pages)
- According to researchers, there is an estimated of 14.2 million Jewish people in the world. That is around 0.2% of the world population. The current population of the city of Memphis, Tennessee is estimated to be around 655,155 residents. The largest racial demographic in the city is the African American group, which makes up about 63% of the population. The next largest demographic is the white group, which makes up about 28% of the population. He Hispanic or Latino demographic makes up about 7% of the population.... [tags: Judaism, Halakha, Jews, Israel]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- Many people think of Memphis as a big city full of fried foods, soul music, and attractions to visit. Memphis, Tennessee also has the Bass Pro Shop Pyramid and Beale Street. Several world famous, medical facilities often go unnoticed in this large city. Those interested in the health professions will have many opportunities to serve patients in one of the mighty medical pillars in this sweet southern metropolis. The biggest and most popular hospitals in Memphis, Tennessee are homes to every day heroes who serve patients from all over the world.... [tags: Medicine, Physician, Hospital]
1662 words (4.7 pages)
- Memphis, Tennessee is known for its music. It brought great artists such as Elvis Presley, Isaac Hayes, and Otis Redman. However, one of that artist that does not get the attention that he deserves is Rufus Thomas. Many people say that he gave Memphis the “Memphis Sound.” In 1953 Rufus Thomas wrote Sun Record’s first hit “Bear Cat,” a song that attracted attention because of its similarities to the prior version “Hound Dog” and its sexual content. Many people try to argue that the song has a deeper meaning than what it literally says.... [tags: essays research papers]
654 words (1.9 pages)
- When driving west down Lamar in Memphis, Tennessee, the street turns into E.H. Crump boulevard. That is about as much as I knew about the name E.H. Crump. Never would I have guess what the name meant to the city of Memphis and the amount of weigh t it once carried. It was not until I enrolled into this Tennessee History course that I began to realize how significant the man behind this name was. Before Elvis Presley put Memphis on the map with his Rock n Roll music, Willie Herenton took office, or various Memphis musicians claimed to be the “King of Memphis”, there was one man who undoubtedly ran the city, and his name was Edward Hull Crump.... [tags: memphis, tennessee, political boss]
2567 words (7.3 pages)
- Introduction Lisbon, Portugal is an amazing vacation spot. Whether it’s the sandy white beaches, or the bright blue skies, Lisbon is one of the best vacation spots in Portugal. Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal, has a rich Portuguese culture and history, so there is almost always somewhere to visit or something to eat to fill your senses and the food will top your experience and making Lisbon truly great. If you are bored, museums, clubs, historic sites and many more are at your fingertips to enjoy and visit.... [tags: places to go, things to do]
1791 words (5.1 pages)
- ... The monasteries are the main attraction of Ladakh. What is the temperature during the summer months. The temperature usually varies from 0 degree Celsius to 20 degree Celsius during the day time. The nights are usually cold and the temperature dips down to 0 degree. 2. Kashmir ( The paradise on earth) Kashmir often referred to as paradise on earth surely stands up to its reputation. This place is the one hotspot for the newly wedded couples. An amazing nature walk and beautiful scenario will surely make you feel that love is oozing out of you.... [tags: Ladakh, kashmir ]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- A Visit to the Bristol Caverns in Tennessee The Bristol Caverns are over 200,000,000 years old and were used as a secret way of travel for the Cherokee Indians (http://www.tenntrips.com). Being located in Bristol, Tennessee, the caverns are a part of the Appalachian Mountain Region. The Bristol Caverns are underground and considered a historical monument. During your visit to the caverns you can learn about history, while getting your exercise, at an affordable price. The Bristol Caverns are open all year around, except for on holidays, and the time that you are able to visit is subject to change during different seasons.... [tags: Tourism]
667 words (1.9 pages)
- The Controversy Between Chinua Achebe and Candice Bradley Over Conrad's Heart of Darkness
- Similarity of Themes in Homer's The Odyssey, Tennyson’s Ulysses, and Cavafy’s Ithaca
- First impressions of Kurtz in Conrad’s Heart of Darkness v. Coppola's Apocalypse Now
- The Daunting Task of Making Our Environment Clean and Healthy
- The World Trade Organization Deals with Trade Between Nations
- The Tales of the Forbbiden