Another challenge that Frederick’s run into when dealing with multichannel is the way customers pay and which channel that is often used. The company uses a system called “Enhanced house file segmentation”. House file segmentation is focused on improving customer services and the checkout system (Tierney, 2012). According to Tierney (2012), this system is “looking at the way its customers pay for its purchases and what channel they choose to use”.
Lastly, Frederick’s of Hollywood Launches New Luxury Label, Harriett. (2012) states, “Harriet brand launc...
... middle of paper ...
...ywood Group Inc. Retrieved from Frederick's: http://fohgroup.com/investment.asp
Alfidi, A. (2010, June 14). FRED.OLSEN ENERGY NK 20 (FOH): Frederick's of Hollywood Loses Its Appeal - Seeking Alpha. Retrieved November 25, 2013, from http://seekingalpha.com/article/209864-fredericks-of-hollywood-loses-its-appeal
Demery, P. (2013, August 22). Newgistics to Provide the SmartLabel Return Service for Frederick's of Hollywood; Lingerie Retailer Delivers Customer Convenience and Streamlines Returns Cycle with SmartLabel. Press release distribution, EDGAR filing, XBRL, regulatory filings. Retrieved November 3, 2013, from http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20030924005110/en/Newgistics-Provide-SmartLabel-Return-Service-Fredericks-Hollywood
Tech Inc.. (2004, June 14). Fredericks. Fredericks. Retrieved November 3, 2013, from http://www.tconl.com/~dirtech/html/fredericks.html
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Marketing Mix - McCarthy’s four Ps: Professor Jerome McCarthy introduced in the early 1960s a marketing mix which consists of the 4 Ps: product, price, place and promotion (Kotler, 1999, p. 94). Traditionally, efficient product, price, place and promotion strategies would lead to a successful business but in today’s society, due to such technological advancements, the internet is changing the way we sell our products and services, and therefore organisations now need online strategies to attract and retain customers.... [tags: Marketing, Product, Price, Place, Promotion]
2035 words (5.8 pages)
- Elements of Asian Paint’s Distribution Strategy Asian Paint bypassed the bulk buyer segment and went to individual consumers of paints. AP went slow on urban areas and concentrated on semi-urban and rural areas. AP went retail. AP went in for an open-door dealer policy. AP voted for nationwide marketing / distribution AP BYPASS THE BULK BUYER SEGMENT AND GOES TO INDIVIDUAL CONSUMERS Bulk buyer segment was the major segment of the paint business in the earlier days and any paint company needed a share of this major segment for sheer survival.... [tags: Marketing Mix Distribution Strategy Paint]
744 words (2.1 pages)
- The marketing mix, which consists of price, product, place and promotion are essential tools that play a vital role in determining the fate of a business. The right marketing mix could mean profit and an unbalanced marketing mix could be the reason behind a business’s downfall. A simple search on “Bopal” takes us to the Bhopal gas tragedy that killed several thousands of people in India and left thousands of others disabled. There may be many others who are still suffering from aftermath of that disaster.... [tags: price, product, place and promotion]
1203 words (3.4 pages)
- Price Pricing strategy There are 4 P’s of marketing that are price, product, place & promotion. As we mentioned our product is Khadi and our market is Indian market. Our pricing strategy for India is shown in the following table. Price strategy used for the product is market oriented pricing where the research will be conducted and prices will be set according to the consumer’s perception. This will help the company in increasing sales by selling high quality product at reasonable price. The strategy may differ according to the product life cycle of the product.... [tags: price, product, place, promotion]
676 words (1.9 pages)
- In managing activities of an organization, marketing is an important area that generates trades therefore involves planning, controlling, managing, and analyzing activities. The activities are concerned with creating and maintaining high customer levels in terms of satisfaction and delivery of services. Business functions of an organization relates to marketing and innovation. Wilkie and Moore dividing marketing development into four eras: First era: The fields’ foundation between 1900 and 1920.... [tags: Product, Price, Promotion, Place]
906 words (2.6 pages)
- For any business to be successful, the proper marketing strategy needs to be put in place. This is because every business has an objective of attaining and retaining its customers who will propel its operations. The 4Ps model of marketing is the best decision any business can make. This model will assist the business to know the customers’ needs, preferences, expectations, decision-making processes, and the areas the business needs to emphasize in customer communication. The 4Ps in marketing stand for product, price, place and promotion, and they are important for a business to be able to attract customers.... [tags: Product, Price, Place, Promotion]
601 words (1.7 pages)
- Marketing managers use marketing mix as a business tool in marketing. Marketing mix synonymous with the 4Ps which were amended and listed by Eugene McCarthy as Product, Place , Price and Promotion. First of all, Product refers to the product should fit the task the target consumers want it for, it should work , and it should be what the consumers expected to get. For instance, its packaging, labeling and offering. Therefore, this always remind marketing managers need to do careful research on how long the life cycle of the product is likely to be and focus their attention on different challenges that they are facing when they are developing the product.... [tags: product, place, price, promotion]
794 words (2.3 pages)
- When creating a marketing mix for a product, the company needs to look at the 4Ps: product, place, price and promotion (Eugene McCarthy, 1960). “When considering the 4 P’s of the GoPro, it is clear that the company’s success has been due in large to such great marketing.” (Suki Chan, 2013). · Product- GoPro primarily creates cameras, but it also offers mounting accessories and other additional accessories such as camera cases and spare batteries to use as well. · Price- the prices depend on the quality of the camera.... [tags: product, place, price, promotion]
869 words (2.5 pages)
- What does the phrase marketing mix mean. What is the purpose of the marketing mix. The marketing mix is a process most organizations use to bring a product or service to market. The four Ps is a good way to define the marketing mix tool. The four Ps or four elements of the marketing mix are product, place, price, and promotion, which are used to satisfy consumers’ needs and the objectives of the organization. After a target market is selected, “…the firm must take steps to satisfy [the customers] needs” (Kerin, Hartley, & Rudelius, 2009 p.... [tags: Product, Place, Price, Promotion]
1251 words (3.6 pages)
- Place Management Place management is the process of making places better. This is practiced through programmes to improve a location or to maintain an already attained desired standard of operation. Place management can be undertaken by private, public or voluntary organisations or a mixture of each. Despite the wide variety of place management initiatives the underlying common factor is usually a desire to maximise the effectiveness of a location for its users, whether they are residents, shoppers, tourists, investors, property developers or business owners.... [tags: Place Management]
1656 words (4.7 pages)