The Danzon from Haiti, Rhumbas from Africa, and the Son from Cuba mix together to create what we know as Salsa (Pretell). Because of its diverse background it is hard to know exactly how it originated. The most widely believed origin is Cuba where everything is hot, from the weather down to the cuisine. What else can you expect from that environment but music that will have you dancing in the streets?
Leader- does just that, gives the leads, usually a man
Follower- takes the leads, usually a woman
*Both can be either gender, the pictures used in this site show the leader as the man and the follower as the woman.
Open Position- follower's hands are palms down on top of the leader's hands
Closed Position- follower's left hand grips the leader's right arm and right hand is held by the leader's left, the leader's right hand presses against the follower's shoulder blade.
This is fundamental, starting off the dance and used between more com...
... middle of paper ...
...t's say we want the follower to have an acceleration of A. Now the equation says: Ftotal =mA, so normal force- normal force+x=mA where x is the force needed to make the equation equal, so if you have the mass of the follower and the acceleration you want you can find the force needed.
Adrienne Tripp. Truth in Salsa!. Planet Salsa. 23 November 2004
Antonio Gambadoro. Instruments. Salsa Tropical. 23 November 2004
Chicago. Dir. Rob Marshall. Perf. Catherine Zeta-Jones, Renee Zellweger, Richard Gere. Miramax, 2002.
Jaime Andres Pretell. Salsa. Central Home. 23 November 2004
Rose Hillbrand. StepOneDanceShoes.com. Step One Dance Shoes. 23 November 2004
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Zumba Fitness Have you heard the word Zumba, if not, I have to ask what planet you came from. The popular Latin-inspired dance-fitness class has caught millions of exercisers eyes with a fun fusion of dance steps and moves like Salsa, Merengue, Reggaeton and, the other sort of choreography you might see in a nightclub. In fact, it’s pretty much an international event that takes place in millions of areas. Researchers determined that Zumba is a body workout with built in variety because every class and every instructor is somewhat different.... [tags: exercise videos, dancing your way to fitness]
2015 words (5.8 pages)
- Dance Salsa How to dance salsa professionally Have you try to be a genius salsa dancer, but you can’t find a better professional dancer to show you. To achieve the true character of salsa, you must give it a happy, flirtatious and exciting interpretation. In this essays, I’ll tell you who invented salsa and how to properly dance salsa. Salsa dance is not easily performed. Salsa dance originally came from Cuba. Salsa is one of the most dynamic dance in the 90s and continued to be today also. Both the music and the dance styles of salsa is similar to Mambo.... [tags: Dance, Dance music, Salsa, Partner dance]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- Salsa Dancing Robert and his wife, Lucy, decide to take dance classes at a local Salsa dance club. They used to go to ballroom dance classes at the same club some years ago. Because Salsa dancing has become so popular, they book the classes in advance. On the back of the receipt a printed clause says “For terms and conditions please see notices in the club”. On the inside of the club door a large notice is pinned up. The notice reads, “The club will not accept responsibility for any loss suffered by customers”.... [tags: Papers]
1401 words (4 pages)
- Could you imagine having the title of originating street dancing in Salt Lake City. Being famous for starting a brand new attraction in Salt Lake City. I can, and I have the power to do it. Street dancing in Salt Lake City can involve into something great, into a huge exciting attraction. I know Salt Lake has what it takes to bring dance talent to the floor. Salt Lake is growing in population more and more every day. Not only the population, but Salt Lake has a huge rave scene, full of thousands of diverse people who none stop dance threw out the night.... [tags: dancing, street dancing,]
1479 words (4.2 pages)
- From Giselle to The Nutcracker, ballet is a romantic language, told not through the mouth, but the body. It features a rich, history, notable performances, and specific techniques. Ballet originated in the courts of Italy in the Renaissance period. Rich nobility, royal families, and other well-to-do citizens were generally the only ones who would put on these early ballets. Ballets started out as entertainment for banquets. However, dancing was not the only feature at these luxurious receptions.... [tags: classical dancing styles]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- Dance can be an outlet of energy, an expression of emotions, or simply a source of joy, but for slaves, dancing served a higher purpose. Dance served various purposes ranging from communication to self-expression to building a sense of community among individuals. Dance helped the oppressed individuals stand together to face adversity. The history of slave dancing is richly intertwined in religion and social culture and deeply based on their African heritage. Dance is the continuous movement of the body to a certain rhythm within a given area, but for slaves, dancing is often more than it appears.... [tags: christianity, slave dancing, african dances]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- Throughout history, dance has served as a form that performs and embodies the cultural values of the society it is in. The idea of dance varies within intellectual traditions and develops to a wider concept of movement practices within individual cultures. Dance can be looked upon as a culturally formed activity that offers information about human behavior in a certain society. Dance has also served to disrupt the cultural values in a society due to cultural evolution and cultural migration. The discipline in cultures function with a receptive approach to the exploitation of Western values.... [tags: dancing styles and cultures]
1148 words (3.3 pages)
- Hate doing crunches. Do they strain your back and neck muscles. Try belly dancing, it gives you better benefits than the average crunch with less pain. In addition to the physical and emotional benefits, belly dancing also has an impact on child birth and ones creativity in an entertaining manner. The physical benefits of belly dancing are, being able to become healthier, and in better shape. Being out of shape can also affect a person’s emotional-state. Participating in belly dancing can benefit ones self-esteem, and help their emotional well-being.... [tags: Art, Dancing]
2233 words (6.4 pages)
- ABSTRACT Several researchers have devoted efforts on studying physics of arc and descriptive models are used to explain many arc welding related phenomena. However, due to the subject complexity, doubts still emerge about the mechanisms of some phenomena related to the arc. For instance, the description about electromagnetic interactions with the arc, which governs the arc trajectory and lead to plasma jet and arc blow formation, seems to be yet controversial. Thus, the present study aimed a better understanding of these phenomena.... [tags: Physics ]
1244 words (3.6 pages)
- The Physics of Fishing The use of a boat while fishing and some of the physics applicable to boating will be included in exploring the various ways physics applies to the sport of fishing. Other topics will include the fishing rod, fishing lure, casting, and the fish itself. The boat floats on the water according to Archimedes Principle which states an immersed object is buoyed up by a force equal to the weight of the fluid it displaces. The force applied downwards by earth’s gravity coupled with the upward force of buoyancy allows the boat to float.... [tags: Physics ]
871 words (2.5 pages)