Freire would look at this topic and have countless amount of things to say about it. “Here, no one teaches another, nor is anyone self-taught.” (Freire 222) Being self-taught Freire claims is the way that you are supposed to be taught. Teaching yourself make you a lot more independent for life after school but also it can really hurt you more than you think. Self-teaching can be extremely difficu...
... middle of paper ...
...process, while the pupils are mere objects” (Friere 217) With that being stated you are not capable of teaching yourself because the teacher is what the learning process is all about. In relation to that, having a teacher that does not speak English, as her first language is almost as hard as self-teaching.
Roles that are played throughout the schooling process are completely different all the time. For example some times teachers like to keep the class involved and other times the teacher like to lecture and just have people listen. In my situation I was not either of these but I played the role of both of them. I was the teacher and the student because I needed to teach myself the topic and then act as a student take the tests and exams as if I were a completely normal student. The education system is completely different all the time and every place you go to.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I am determinant young woman with a BS degree in Physics from King Faisal University, Saudi Arabia, on a quest to obtain a MS Physics degree and gain the knowledge, skills and expertise I needs to establish my career as an instructor and researcher within the field at one of Saudi Arabia’s universities. Furthermore, I aspire to continue my studies in the near future and earn a PhD degree in Physics, and armed with a Master’s degree from (name of University) I believe I will be fully equipped to do so.... [tags: School Admission Request]
580 words (1.7 pages)
- High School system of Turkey and High School system of United States are different as High School system of Turkey is offering students major selection after the first grade of high school, High School system of United States is offering students 4 open course selection with 4 required classes each year. In Turkey the students are getting one more step closer to the career they would like to follow right after they finish the elementary school: After the students are graduated they are required to take a test, that would determine what type of high school they will be going in the next four years of their high school life: there are a lot different types of high schools but thi... [tags: High school, Education]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Electromagnetic Spectrum for the Middle School Student Waves are all around us and come in various forms. Sound waves can travel through air because air is made of molecules, which carry the sound. Another type of wave is electromagnetic waves, which are different than sound waves because they don’t need molecules to travel. This means that electromagnetic waves can travel through air and solid materials as well as empty space (Groleau 2011). The electromagnetic spectrum consists of all waves of energy found in our universe.... [tags: Physics ]
1122 words (3.2 pages)
- I have been faced with the stark realization that I wasted most of my time in high school. I learned after leaving high school that I was merely memorizing the material being taught as opposed to actually comprehending what was being placed in front of me by the teachers. REALIZING THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COMPREHENSION AND MEMORIZATION I was always a good student. I was never the teacher’s pet, but I was definitely liked by all the teachers. I made decent grades and always completed my work on time.... [tags: Teacher, High school, College, Middle school]
1157 words (3.3 pages)
- I was born in Vancouver and was raised in the city of Surrey, where I currently live. I have many interests such as sports, food, computers and music. When I’m not at school, some of my favourite hobbies include playing basketball with friends, working out at the gym and watching comedy movies. My parents are both from India and moved to Canada in their teenage years. I also have two younger brothers. Growing up I spoke Punjabi at home as it is my mother tongue and I have been taught to believe in Sikh values and beliefs.... [tags: High school, College, Education, Computer]
714 words (2 pages)
- Coming from a relatively small, mostly Hispanic city, I did not receive the best education when compared to bigger cities such as Austin, San Antonio, etc. Even though I was in the best public high school in Laredo, that was equivalent to saying that one has the fastest car in the area but the car is a Honda Civic and the competition is made up of minivans and Smart Cars. This caused many of the students from my city to enter college underprepared and struggling to keep up with students from far better backgrounds.... [tags: High school, College, Academic term]
1064 words (3 pages)
- Many high school students today do not know what they would like to do, major in, or even where they would like to attend school, often contemplate whether they should leave home and go to a big city and attend one of the nation’s large universities such as University of Texas in Austin, or stay close to their family and attend smaller one such as Texas A&M University in central Texas. Many of the students do not realize that some of the educations offered at both of these universities are the same and that both have four year programs, but the prices of the classes vary, as well as the amount of options for a major you have, and attention you receive from teachers.... [tags: High school, College, Higher education, Grade]
1038 words (3 pages)
- College Preparation From High School College can lead to good opportunities that someone without a college degree can not get. College is very hard work and can be rewarding. Being responsible is very important because college is not like high school. Although college can be the expereience of a lifetime, with the class materials crammed into one semester college can become difficult. Incoming college students can see their grades drop and them getting behind if they do not have or do not develop good study habits.... [tags: High school, College, Secondary school]
742 words (2.1 pages)
- Introduction We are a very data driven society, thus the decisions we make as educators pertaining to education is driven by data collected by a variety of assessments. It is important for us as teachers, school administrators and superintendents to be assessment-literate in several areas pertaining to assessment developing, administering, reflecting and revising. Yet from the literature, assessment literacy is more than just everything that goes into an assessment, but the ability to measure a learners knowledge and having the learners be part of the process in their learning journey, which many tend to ignore (Amirian, Pourfarhad & Nafchi, 2016).... [tags: Assessment, Education, High school, Teacher]
1193 words (3.4 pages)
- High school and Undergrad Students and their Education scenario in India – Tier 2 and 3 cities: Education system and Education curriculum for High school and under-grad students in India are majorly dependent on the job-oriented market. The level of coaching received by a student right from high school level is qualitative enough to crack his/her next level of Graduate entrance exams and pursue education in best educational institutions. Subjects like Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are the heroes in the curriculum, emphasizing only the need to gain ranks rather than teaching the potential of the same subjects that drive new inventions in the market.... [tags: Education, High school, History of education]
1165 words (3.3 pages)