The second step to sustainable...
... middle of paper ...
...drank and how much they have left to drink. It is attainable and realistic as many people are able to accomplish this goal. The goal is time-bound as it defines a time-period of every day for eight weeks. SMART goals help to clarify ideas, bring focus and use time efficiently. People who utilize SMART goals will find more successes than those who do not.
Living a sustainable life is difficult and takes practice, education and effort. Understanding the seven dimensions of wellness and how to balance them is crucial to having success. Eating clean and organic food is proven to do marvelous wonders for the human body and knowing how to make and achieve SMART goals is a sure step to help a person accomplish their goals. I truly believe that by taking action on the steps I have outlined, a person will find optimal health physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- What is wellness. “Wellness is an active process of becoming aware of and making choices toward a healthy life. Wellness is also a process for change and growth” (Health Topic – What is wellness?). To have acceptable wellness you should have an equal amount of social, emotional/mental, and physical health. I, myself, believe that I have an okay wellness, I mean not like full wellness but just enough to pass I'll say. But how am I living in wellness. There are different ways of living with wellness.... [tags: Students, counseling, wellness]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- What is wellness and why is it important in my life. Wellness can be broadly described as the culmination of actively making multiple choices that will lead oneself to a happier and healthier life. Wellness is not merely being in shape or having an IQ of 130. Rather, wellness is an active process through which we can better many aspects of ourselves. In general, most people wish to be the best version of themselves that they can be, leading to the crucial knowledge that wellness is an important topic for everyone.... [tags: Nutrition, Human, Health, Better, Thought, Scores]
711 words (2 pages)
- When it comes to exercise, many people tend to over exercise on the first day of working out. This causes the muscles to become sore and painful, which leads to a delay in the work out for the next day or two. This can also causes them to over eat due to the work out being so extreme. By getting your timing and food selection in sync with your activity you can maximize your energy throughout the day. A person that is physically well gets enough sleep, eats a well-balanced diet, and has a positive out-look on life.... [tags: Mental and Emotional Wellness]
1716 words (4.9 pages)
- Physical Therapy Did you know that the hiring of physical therapists is up thirty six percent at the moment. This means a great job opportunity in this profession. Although becoming a physical therapists is an arduous process by spending both time and money, one can become licensed, learn the skills of the trade, and how they benefit others to truly make a difference in this world.(Physical Therapy Schools & Careers) Although physical therapist are paid well you have to go through lots of schooling before someone becomes one.It takes about seven years of schooling in total.... [tags: Therapy, Massage, Physical therapy, Arthritis]
774 words (2.2 pages)
- Self-Assessment Assignment The wellness paradigm is “the integration, balance, and harmony of mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being through taking responsibility for one’s own health; posits that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts” (Seaward, 2015). The four components of the wellness paradigm are spiritual well-being, emotional well-being, mental well-being, and physical well-being. Spiritual well-being – The state of mature higher consciousness driving from insightful relationships with oneself and others, a strong value system, and a meaningful purpose in life.... [tags: Emotion, Psychology, Personal life, Feeling]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- In the field of Physical therapy, physical therapist can become a major asset for health care by refining the quality of the health care organizations through prevention, care, and administration of treatment for certain injuries. They do this by providing care or services to help restore function in muscles, mobility of joints, manage pain, help patients with disabilities regain some lost function with chronic ailments return to productive lives, and overall improve human wellness by the use of a rehabilitation methods.... [tags: Therapy, Physical therapy]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- In order to feel more confident in myself and therefore improve my overall life, I created an obtainable goal of losing 5 pounds by my Thanksgiving break. I started going to the gym and exercising for 20-60 minutes 3-5 times a week as well as doing a muscular strength exercise 2 times a week. I chose this new behavior in order to become healthier and be in better physical shape. In the United States, many citizens are not getting the recommended amount of physical activity per week. According to the Center for Disease Control, or CDC, about 1 in 5 (21%) adults meet the 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines (2014).... [tags: Physical exercise, Exercise, Strength training]
795 words (2.3 pages)
- Over time, society’s perceptions and theoretical bases surrounding the definition of wellness and wellbeing has changed (Robbins, Powers & Burgess, 2009). The World Health Organization previously described wellness and wellbeing as “a state of physical, mental and social wellbeing and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” However, modern research from Dunn (2009) on “High Level Wellness” indicates that wellness and well-being consider the whole person in terms of sociological and ecological models, providing insights into the socio-emotional, intellectual, spiritual, mental, economical and physical dimension of health.... [tags: Environment, Natural environment, Childhood]
2042 words (5.8 pages)
- Health and Wellness Health and wellness in the work place is a vital part to a company’s success. Employees who are healthier and more productive are less likely to call out from sickness. There are not many companies that have affordable health care coverage for employees. More companies should make healthcare affordable for their employees and their family. Research has been done on how effective health and wellness programs can be in the workplace. Throughout the reading these points will be discussed.... [tags: Occupational Issues]
1074 words (3.1 pages)
- Create a Successful Wellness Plan With Just 5 Steps Achieving personal wellness doesn’t have to be a goal for the future, you can start today with a strategic plan of action. Why. You have control over the things that define and shape your life. You can choose to make something a priority in your life or not. The power lies in you to determine the changes that you want to make or need to make in order to achieve the best you that is possible. Whether it’s finding a balance between work-life and family-life, establishing nutritional goals, reducing stress and finding happiness, or setting fitness goals that help to create a healthier you, a successful wellness plan take initiative, planning a... [tags: Health, Dietary supplement, Nutrition, Vitamin]
743 words (2.1 pages)
- Euthanasia Is A Greek Word That Means
- Reflection Paper On Infant And Toddler Development
- The Klux Klan, The Nation Of Islam, Aryan Brotherhood, And The Folks
- The Impact Of Students With Disabilities On The General Education Classroom
- Leadership : Leadership And Leadership
- Pursuing A Graduate Degree Program