Physical fitness can be defined by how active a person is on a daily basis; it can be measured in many ways and varies from person to person. Physicality can be further separated into three more parts: cardio, strength, and flexibility. To have optimal physical fitness is to be excelling in all parts evenly. For example, when someone works out by only lifting weights and refuses to work on improving flexibility and cardio, they may look strong, but they are not truly fit by my definition. With my main sporting focus being figure skating, I utilize and improve my cardio, flexibility and strength as a unit. Figure skating is an excellent sport for improving over all physicality, as it is impossible to succeed if any of the three parts are missing. Another important part of physical fitness is not being lazy. When we have such easy and accessible access to public transportation and cars, we forget that we could be putting on a helmet and biking, instead of buckling up a seat belt. I try as much as I can to use my own muscle power to get places rather than driving; therefore improving my overall fitness. Our own physical fitness relies on us to push ourselves daily, and to not be chronically lazy.
The second corner of the triangle is diet. Diet consists of how, ...
... middle of paper ...
...s i believe i would be able to handle the stress of a big misfortune with confidence. Although nobody really knows what they would do if such an event were to occur, we can only estimate by assessing how we have managed other alike situations.
In terms of my triangle definition of fitness, I am in the centre: I am physically strong, I maintain a healthy diet, and I have the mental capacity to learn new things and cope with any emotional stressors that I may encounter. There is an unlimited number of ways that Canadians can improve their overall fitness, and using my tool is an excellent way of self evaluating their progress. Using my triangle model as a fitness tool anyone can achieve their optimal fitness level. By investigating what aspects of our fitness we can improve on, we can become better, more well-rounded individuals. Where do you sit on the Triangle?
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Exercise has been found to be a timely and feasible way of ration people deal with the trauma and uneasiness every day. The repercussion on suspense doesn’t seem to be visible as it is in other areas. Embracing analysis in a certain area of mental health shows that exercise is a very healthy different to other means of negotiate with giving time of stress and anxiety. These can be the most common alternatives include the consumption of alcohol and, nicotine through smoking. It is also been said by being physically fit, a some bodies reaction to a hurtful situation is increased to a level that is capable of controlling.... [tags: body, exercise, muscles]
1448 words (4.1 pages)
- Throughout this whole year, there have been many physical as well as mental improvements that have come as an effect of physical fitness. For myself, I know that mentally I’m a stronger and more agile when it comes to my thoughts. And physically, I can see that my breathing has improved, and my stamina is longer. At the beginning of the year, I knew that I wasn’t in the best shape of my life. My breathing was heavy when I ran, and my lap times were, by far, not the greatest. I could see the room for improvement for it was a long way ahead of me.... [tags: Health, Exercise, Wellness]
568 words (1.6 pages)
- The Real world applications of physical activity The need for a more physical society comes down to the why it is important, and the applications that are useful to each person. Our society is not aware of the benefits being a part of a fit and physically aware being. There are many factors that play into this knowledge that needs to be shared among the masses. All of this falls under the category of real life applications of such activity. In Canada there are tax incentives that are being initiated in order to try to help stimulate a more fit society, which also can help many other aspects of everyday life.... [tags: Exercise, Physical exercise, Physical fitness]
1012 words (2.9 pages)
- Physical Fitness The benefit of physical fitness is to prevent obesity and encourage a healthy lifestyle thru training and focusing on the body’s compositions. Physical fitness is the measure of the body’s ability to go full capacity. If one doesn’t exercise ones body doesn’t work at its full potential all the time. Exercise can lower the risk of having major problems with ones body and relieve stress. Can’t stay fit if one doesn’t put forth any effort physical fitness requires physical exercise.... [tags: obesity, healthy, exercise]
1612 words (4.6 pages)
- Medical experts vindicate that following a regular fitness program is one of the most important things people can do to improve their health and prevent disease. Exercising makes the heart stronger and develop into a more efficient muscle. What else can regular fitness do for you. Improves Mental Focus Exercise improves your mental focus. Experts say that regular exercise helps keep your brain sharp by improving your focus and concentration. Studies show exercising decreases the chance of Alzheimer's disease.... [tags: Fitness]
687 words (2 pages)
- Getting a Leg Up on your Physical Fitness Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is more important today than past years. With the development and improvement of myriad medicines, along with food additives and genetically engineered food it is not surprising that people need to care more for their bodies. At the same time, it has become more common for these people to understand the many components that create a strong body, and the factors that lead to health and wellness. There has been much research that indicated the several benefits obtained in people 's daily life, by incorporating the three factors that define health and wellness.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Exercise, Health]
1282 words (3.7 pages)
- Crossfit: Forging Elite Fitness Elite athletes to grandmothers can use the Crossfit method of fitness to achieve their fitness goals. It is the best and most well rounded fitness program there is in achieving general fitness. Whatever your fitness level and goals, Crossfit has something to offer everyone. Since its inception it has grown in popularity and has helped many reach maximum levels of fitness. This is why Crossfit is the best fitness program there is. Body: The Crossfit Fitness Organization was founded in 1996 by Coach Greg Glassman.... [tags: Fitness, Entrepreneurship]
1040 words (3 pages)
- You’re in the gym parking lot for the sixth time this month, debating with yourself in your head whether or not to go in, or to go grab a bite to eat from that delicious burger joint across the street just dripping grease and call it a day. You think to yourself that ‘hey, I can always go tomorrow. In fact, yes that’s what I’ll do, I had a rough day today so I need to eat, and then tomorrow I’ll get up an hour early and do some cardio before work’ and that morning workout never happens. Your morning alarm goes off and you again talk yourself out of the workout, pushing it to the evening when you won’t be so tired.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Physical exercise]
1166 words (3.3 pages)
- As a student, have you ever wonder how to improve on academic performance. Do you believe other activities rather than studying itself can improve academic performance. Majority of the students nowadays have always believed studying continuously would enhance their academic result and where physical activities during academic years would have negative aspects towards them. However, studies have proven that the above statement is incorrect. Thus, in this essay, I am going to discuss the positive relationship between physical activities and academic performance through stress relief, social interaction and effects on cognitive functions.... [tags: Exercise, Physical exercise, Physical fitness]
825 words (2.4 pages)
- A LIFETIME COMMITMENT TO PHYSICAL FITNESS A lifetime commitment to physical fitness can no longer be considered a luxury. It is indeed a necessity. What could be worse than the sight of a physically bankrupt forty-year-old executive recovering from his first major heart attack. With the aid of modern technology and a little hard work, a motivated person can become physically fit and avoid this catastrophe. I firmly believe in the lifetime commitment to physical fitness, and practice it as well.... [tags: Essays Papers]
979 words (2.8 pages)
- Marketing And Design For Increase Casino Management
- Analysis Of The Book ' Romans ' The Basis Of The Christian Faith
- Job Openings And Salary Information
- Nursing Is Not Just My Job
- The Patient 's Clinical Manifestations And Iron Deficiency Anemia Related?
- Diversity Is All The Ways Of People Being Different