The phenomenal Mya Angelou was born on April 4, 1928 in rural Arkansas. Surprisingly, what a lot of people do not know is that Mrs. Mya Angelou was born with the name Marguerite Ann Johnson. Mrs. Mya Angelou is an American author who has published seven autobiographies, three books of essays, and several books of poetry. Mrs. Mya Angelou is also credited with a list of plays, movies, and television shows spanning more than fifty years of phenomenal works of literature ( Mya Angelou). She has also made appearances in several movies in her career. On top of that Mrs. Mya Angelou has had a varied career, and has lived a full life, and is still living it. Mrs. Mya Angelou has had the chance of showcasing her many talents a as a singer, dancer, actress, composer, and making history by becoming Hollywood's first female black director of her time, but like mentioned I the beginning Mrs. Mya Angelou is most famous as an award winning writer, editor, playwright, and poet. Mrs. Mya Angelou has also been a spokesperson for women during the fight for a civil rights for African American men and women. Mrs. Mya Angelou has worked for and with the late Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and his counter partner the late Malcolm X. Mrs. Mya Angelou has also been an educator and is continuing to add to her list of accomplishments. The Lord has truly blessed Mrs. Mya Angelou, and is continuing to bless her as the years have passed. In all honesty in my opinion I believe that Mrs. Mya Angelou is truly a phenomenal woman.
With this being said, I chose to do my analysis on one of Mrs. Mya Angelou’s famous poems entitle Phenomenal Woman. First, in order to get a complete understanding of what Phenomenal woman is...
... middle of paper ...
...style; to the mood; to the schemes I would overall say that this is a phenomenal poem In my opinion this poem gives encouragement to all women no matter what size, color, or situation. Phenomenal Woman in my opinion gave a clear depiction of what she was trying to say about the female body, the female attitude, and the female characteristics. Mrs. Mya Angelou is an inspiration to all women, and this is clearly seen though out not only this particular poem but though out all of her poems, essays, books, and movies.
This poem, Phenomenal Woman, is not just a great poem but a great story. Mrs. Mya Angelou though well when writing this poem I recommend this poem to anyone. Whether it we black, white, Mexican, Latino, Chinese, or any race in between this poem is for anyone. No matter the age or situation Phenomenal Woman is definitely I my opinion, a phenomenal story.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Any girl could say she is a woman. It takes a strong woman to be a phenomenal woman. A phenomenal woman does not rely on others for financial, mental and social needs. A woman like this takes pride in her-self and doesn’t let anyone put her down. Throughout the times a woman strives for her independence to become her own individual in life. Phenomenal Woman, written by Maya Angelou, is a poem which is an anthem for all women’s strength in their own womanhood. (Angelou 1) The poem speaks out to us women as far as of where we are in society.... [tags: feminism, Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou, ]
565 words (1.6 pages)
- Society creates the thought of what makes an ideal woman; however, Maya Angelou shows us what truly makes an authentic woman in her poem, “Phenomenal Woman.” The word “Phenomenal” is defined as something that is magnificent, remarkable, breathtaking, as well as extraordinary. This poem illustrates confidence and beauty from within, instead of the conventional view that society tends to have, which only focuses on the appearance. She shows how to acknowledge womanhood. One is able to appreciate the poem, even further, by analyzing many of the poetry elements that Maya Angelou illustrates, such as imagery, tone, and diction.... [tags: Poetry, Woman, Maya Angelou, Lyric poetry]
858 words (2.5 pages)
- It is said that when we look in the mirror, we see our reflection; but what is it that we really see. Some people look through the glass and see a totally different person. All across the world identity is an issue that many women have. Woman today must be skinny, tall, thick, fair skinned and have long hair in order to be considered beautiful. Maya Angelou feels otherwise, as she gives women another way to look at themselves through her poem "Phenomenal Woman". Civil rights activist and writer, Maya Angelou was born in St.... [tags: Poetry, Maya Angelou, The Reader]
1436 words (4.1 pages)
- Only an awe-inspiring poet evokes the deepest, darkest emotions in her audience. She entangles the reader to believe, imagine, and desire and feel whatsoever emotion and experience she chooses to portray. Maya Angelou does exactly that in her poem Phenomenal Woman. Angelou mocks the societal view of the ideal woman and drags many different types of audiences into her confident and majestic principles for being a woman, of being who she really is. Angelou uses various types of figurative language to express and illustrate her opinion of the phenomenal woman she is and of the phenomenal person anyone can be.... [tags: Poetry, Alliteration, Rhyme, Woman]
955 words (2.7 pages)
- “I'm a woman, phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, that's me” (lines 10-13). These are a couple of lines from Phenomenal Woman by Maya Angelou, which describes the black woman as a “phenomenal” being. These very words fuel the outlook of an average African-American woman in today’s society. Many people argue the outlook of women has not changed and that they are still portrayed as negative beings. However, African-American women in today’s society have had a very strong and powerful affect. They are phenomenal beings that through a history of trials and tribulations have come a long way in the face of adversity.... [tags: positive roles, black women]
1102 words (3.1 pages)
- God made Eve from the rib of man as a reminder to show woman is there to be equal and assist man. As society advanced and man became dominant, women took the backseat and catered to every whim without proper acknowledgement. During the Fifties, civil rights was hot topic. To the fluctuating world, seeing blacks, who were once slaves, as equals was an atrocity. The skin color of black was a stain on your character. Especially to add being women of colored skin made life unbearable. Their own husbands, society, ignored black women and fellow women like them but differ only by skin color.... [tags: Maya Angelou, writer, african american]
1165 words (3.3 pages)
- Strength, power, and self-confidence are three meaningful words that the poem “Phenomenal Woman” by Maya Angelou illustrates. Angelou uses alliteration, rhythm scheme and her own personal style to convey the meaning of a “phenomenal woman,” which is what she considers all women to be. Angelou, as an example, enlightens readers that not all hardships and tribulations have to be known. One can interpret that every woman experiences a trial in their life that eventually makes them a stronger individual.... [tags: Maya Angelou poetry analysis]
655 words (1.9 pages)
- The poem "Phenomenal Woman is a poetic poem that women can relate to. It is a celebration of womanhood and femininity It expresses the jealousy, difference, and attitude that women see towards each other and how mean persee them. Every stanza is filled with explanations on how a woman should be confident with the way she looks and reveals woman 's attributes as a phenomenal woman. Angelou tries to show her confidence by stating the body parts that show that confidence and inner strength. This can be seen every line of the poem.... [tags: Confidence, Self-confidence, Poetry, Woman]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- In A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry and “Phenomenal Woman” by Maya Angelou, both Hansberry and Angelou use gender to show two different perspectives women brought forth in the 1920s through the 1950s. Hansberry displays in Ruth, a woman of good faith and loyalty to her family, and Beneatha represents Maya Angelou’s phenomenal woman, a woman of poise, class, and dreams. Hansberry and Angelou use characterization, dialogue, archetype, and juxtaposition to compare and contrast a woman’s changing role in society.... [tags: women´s role, ambitions, personalities]
1110 words (3.2 pages)
- Two well regarded and recognized poets, Maya Angelou and Alice Walker, wrote lots of different renowned poetry that is appreciated for its beauty and its truth. Both poets are African American woman, although in different times, many of their words rang true to one other. Their work can be compared and contrasted by understanding the poems as two separate pieces of work, and then looking at how each are similar and different in their own respects. Alice Walker grew up the youngest of eight children.... [tags: Phenomenal Women]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- The novel Reef by Romesh Gunesekera
- MBA Graduate School Application Letter
- How Promotion Objectives Determine which Marketing Methods or Strategies Used
- The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
- Preventing Breast Cancer Through Mammograms and Sef-exams
- Comparing relationships in Romero and Juliet and Great Expectations.