The position of Pharmacy Admission Specialist was created in the fall of 2011. The job description requires that the Pharmacy Admission Specialist have at least a high school diploma or GED. A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a retail or hospital pharmacy technician or pharmacy technician certification and 1 year of experience as a retail or hospital pharmacy technician is also required. The lessons in this Unit of Instruction will be used primarily as training for any new team member who must also meet these requirements, but may also serve as refresher for experienced PAS.
In order to perform the tasks involved in compiling a medication list for reconciliation, the PAS must be able to speak, read and write in English. The PAS must have basic computer literacy which includes being able to type information into the electronic health record. The PAS must be able to conduct face to face interviews with patients who are being admitted t...
... middle of paper ...
...logy driven assessment tools that would be appropriate in the context of PAS training are Survey Monkey and online rubric builders. Survey Monkey would be helpful when conducting needs assessments and getting feedback from trainees on the effectiveness of the training for them. Online rubric builders are a convenient way to develop assessments for an ill-structure problem. With the many facets of the process and the decisions which must by made by PAS on a regular basis, a rubric is often the best tool to use. An online rubric builder would help cut down on some of the steps of creating a format with Word or other document software.
Using medication reconciliation to prevent errors (2006). Retrieved from:
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Instructional Setting and Audience The presentation which accompanies this essay will be viewed by Pharmacy Admission Specialists (PAS) as a part of orientation and as a refresher for experienced PAS. The position of Pharmacy Admission Specialist was created in the fall of 2011. The job description requires that the Pharmacy Admission Specialist have at least a high school diploma or GED. A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a retail or hospital pharmacy technician or pharmacy technician certification and 1 year of experience as a retail or hospital pharmacy technician is also required.... [tags: HIPAA, medications]
870 words (2.5 pages)
- Background The medication reconciliation process compares the medications taken by a patient prior to admission to a facility with the medication orders at the facility. The Joint Commission (TJC), the accrediting body for health care organizations, stipulates that the medication reconciliation process must be completed with 24 hours of admission (Sentinel Event Alert, Issue 35, 2006). This process begins with compiling an accurate list of the patient's home medications which are also referred to as prior to admission (PTA) medications.... [tags: Pharmacy admisssion specialist]
2040 words (5.8 pages)
- What is pharmacist. Pharmacist is the vital part of the healthcare team who provides prescription medications to individuals. (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2010-2011) Their responsibilities cover few essential areas. Firstly, the main role of a pharmacist is to dispense medicines to their patients according to the prescription given. Before this, they have to ensure that they delivering the right drug, the strength and dosage of the medicine are appropriate, as well as ensuring the medication is safety and can work effectively in the human body.... [tags: Pharmacists]
1700 words (4.9 pages)
- I realize how crucial the dispensation of drugs is because I saw a death of a young boy by taking wrong medication couples years ago. Therefore, I applied for a career in pharmacy to understand more about the dispensing process. Amazingly, I was offered a pharmacy technician position at CVS pharmacy. My life has become more interesting and challenging from that day. Being a pharmacy technician, I have had an opportunity to work with pharmacists in order to understand how to be a pharmacist.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Clinical pharmacy]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Pharmacy technicians hold important roles and duties in the pharmacy. They are essentially the pharmacist’s aide, but they hold many responsibilities in controlling the drugs. I interviewed a pharmacy technician, Kathy, who worked at Doctor’s Pharmacy, an independent pharmacy. Kathy was kind enough to take some time out of her day to allow me to ask her questions, mainly about her education, roles and experiences she had as a pharmacy technician. Kathy has been a pharmacy technician for almost twenty-six years and has been certified for two years.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharmacy technician]
1980 words (5.7 pages)
- It is my absolute pleasure to recommend Ji Hae Kang for admission to the OSU College of Pharmacy. As PIC in a supermarket based community pharmacy, I directly supervised Ji Hae in her positions as pharmacy clerk and technician. I first met Ji Hae when she began working as a check-out clerk in the store. Having already obtained her technician license she knew it would be difficult without pharmacy experience to get a job as a technician. She was confident, though, that if people came to know her and her work ethic, she would have a better chance to achieve her goal.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Doctor of Pharmacy]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- Unveiling the Misconceptions of Pharmacy Pharmacy has been around since the dawn of time, cave men would use their natural instincts and observation of nature to learn how to tend to their wounds and illnesses. However, most people never considered this to be Pharmacy. Typically, when people think of Pharmacists they think of a shriveled old man behind a counter handing out bags of pills all day. Even worse, when people think of Pharmacy or Pharmaceuticals they think of people like Martin Shkreli.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Pharmacist]
1253 words (3.6 pages)
- Pharmacy A career I have learned a lot about over the years and have become fascinated with is pharmacy. I chose pharmacy because I find it interesting and a job that helps a lot of people. My aunt has been a pharmacist for many years and has left a positive impact on many peoples lives. Moreover, my sister is completing her last year of pharmacy school and will officially be a pharmacist in May. However, my great uncle has played a huge role in the development of pharmacy and has received many awards because of it.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharmacology]
1475 words (4.2 pages)
- As a student in SDSU’s pharmacy program one of the activities required to prepare us for real world pharmacy practice would be to shadow a staff pharmacist at the Jackrabbits pharmacy on the SDSU campus. I have had previous work experience in a community pharmacy and there are some unique features which makes Jackrabbits pharmacy stick out. Due to the Jackrabbits pharmacy small size it poses unique confidentiality issues. The whole pharmacy is about the size of a small class room which means that personal health information could be easily overheard.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Pharmacist]
714 words (2 pages)
- After graduating from high school many graduated seniors face the difficult challenge of applying to a university or community college to attend to in the fall. With applying to college, students compare their likes and dislikes with each school, determine which school environment suits them best, and where can they receive the best possible education for their potential major. Searching for a school to attend is an important part of a student’s life and applying to one should be performed very carefully.... [tags: Education Legacy Admission College Higher]
1310 words (3.7 pages)