I went over to a window labeled “German Shepherd” and “Bernese Mountain.” They were both still babies and I guessed they were no older than a month or so. The window above contained a fluffy white puppy with big black patches and brown eyes that were buried beneath its black, furry bangs. The red paper collar told me it was a female. The moment my eyes caught glimpse of her, I knew she was exactly the kind of friend I needed. I also knew that I would never be able to convince my parents to buy her. According to the label, she was a Lhasa Apso, Maltese and Shih Tzu mix.
As I kept walking, I saw many little puppies that had just been born, including a silly Yorkshire terrier, a loud Boxer, a sleepy Papillion, and much more. Some dogs were biting each other playfully, others were sleeping and others paid attention to the mysterious humans observing them. At the end of the dog isle came a window that contained three, small gray cats who were most likely siblings. Two of them were sleeping in their comfortable bed and the other one was playing with a toy ball. I turned around to see small, furry bunnies eating in one cage. The cage next to it contained a bigger rabbit with white fur and pink eyes. In another cage, there were ginger colored hams...
... middle of paper ...
...ppily. I told myself my dad wouldn’t regret it.
He was still a little bit unsure about the whole thing when he saw Panda for the first time. After my dad said we’d buy her, we waited about 10 minutes before they brought her out. As I held her in my arms, I could feel her devastation of being let out of the prison cell and into human arms. We waited until my parents were done handling papers and buying supplies. I carried Panda all the way home, since she wasn’t ready to walk on a leash yet.
“Do you have a name picked out for her yet?” my dad asked me.
“Yep. Panda,” I answered cheerfully.
“It sure does suit her,” my mom said.
Panda sniffed around the house, curious about her new surroundings. After a couple of days, she got used to her surroundings as well as responding to her name. My parents grew to love her like a child and I grew to love her as a sister.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The SNHU Pet Supply Store has successfully met consumer needs for pet food, toys, and other pet related items for the past ten years using online and traditional brick and mortar channels. Recognizing that their customer need and wants are changing, the SNHU Pet Store will expand into the all-natural pet food market for dogs and cats with an exciting new product, named Farm to Bowl. This product is made from organic, locally sourced meat and vegetable ingredients, and is intended to meet the changing wants, needs, and desires of today’s consumers for socially responsible and healthy food options for their pets.... [tags: Marketing, Pet food, Pet foods]
1255 words (3.6 pages)
- However regardless of the high costs of conserving pandas, there is an array of benefits of doing so especially to the environment. Saving the giant panda means saving both habitat of panda and human. The land for bamboo forests is decreasing due to human disruption. Yet panda itself has a crucial role in saving China’s bamboo forests. It is able to spread seeds and help the vegetation to grow according to the famous World Wide Fund(“Why”). This allows the bamboo forest to create new lands since seeds are spread to lands further and hence bamboos can regenerate faster because of the footprint of pandas.... [tags: Giant Panda, Bamboo, Panda diplomacy]
943 words (2.7 pages)
- This essay explains how I intend to open an independent pet store, Ultimate Pets. Although there are already several pet stores in my community which are owned and operated by the giant pet super-store chains, I will position Ultimate Pets in the market so that it can successfully compete with the established pet super-store chains. As a business in the pet industry, an exotic pet shop offers many products that a large corporation would, but differentiates in a way with the wide range of animals it actually carries in stock.... [tags: pet industry analysis, entrepreneur essays]
1589 words (4.5 pages)
- The giant panda is a very iconic and well known symbol in many countries today. Unfortunately these unique black and white creatures are one of the most endangered species in the world. These pandas are termed to be “giant” due to the fact that they can grow to be up to 5 feet in height and 300 pounds in weight (Bradford, 2014). The majority of the giant panda population can be found in central china. Many of the pandas survive in this area due to the wet bamboo forest environment. However, the population is still very limited in size.... [tags: Giant Panda, Bamboo, Bear, Endangered species]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- Do you know how many animals are in the shelter and eventually put to death each year. According to the ASPCA, approximately 7.6 million companion animals enter animal shelters nationwide every year. Of those, approximately 3.9 million are dogs and 3.4 million are cats. Each year, approximately 2.7 million animals are euthanized. Adopting any breed of animal is a not only a big decision, but a substantial responsibility. Most people will do some form of research before making the decision to adopt.... [tags: Dog, Pet, Neutering, Pets]
1382 words (3.9 pages)
- The SNHU pet food store has been successful for over 10 years, seeing the demand for all natural ingredients for pet food they decided to launch new line of all natural pet food. “Only Natural Pet Food” will be offered at all three location and online. Healthy choices is in demand right now. Thus, allowing SNHU pet food store to launch this new product line to the healthy lifestyle consumers that want the same for their pets. In the meantime, providing the same quality and outstanding service they are used too.... [tags: Marketing, Target market, Target, Dog]
762 words (2.2 pages)
- My SNHU Pet Store is growing because of its success in providing quality products to their pet-owning customers. The company would like to introduce a new line of pet foods with no artificial ingredients or additives. It will be a high quality pet food that would mirror the company’s dedication to providing quality pet products and will be named “My Healthy Best Friend.” This paper will show you how we will be doing this with this new product. In addition to using the best ingredients, this product will have the added benefit of providing a much sought after supplement gaining popularity, chlorophyll.... [tags: Marketing, Target market, Advertising]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- Briahna Bishop March 28, 2016 Dr. Zeng M/W 8:00 a.m The Giant Panda Express The Giant Panda (Ailuropoda melanoleuca) is a beloved creature known to the world. However, it is also a creature that is critically endangered and faces extinction. As human advancements obliterate the habitats and influence the lifestyle of the Giant Panda, research is conducted to uncover the cause of the Giant Panda’s current predicament and to improve the methods of conservation to save the Giant Panda. Information gained by researching the Giant Panda and its behaviors would help scientists and conservationists discover just what is hurting the Giant Panda, and what people can do to stop the Giant Panda’s pop... [tags: Giant Panda, Endangered species, Bear, Ailuropoda]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- A harmless visit to the neighborhood pet store turns into a ruthless encounter for me. Every Saturday, Pecan (my dog) and I visit a local pet store to purchase food and treats for her. Pecan and I pass by a dozen of shelter volunteers eagerly showcasing homeless dogs before entering the pet store. Shelter volunteers are special because they are willing to devote their Saturday morning to help homeless pets. On the way I stop and great each volunteer and dog, then I walk away emotionally grieving and trying to holding back tears.... [tags: cause and effect essays, pet adoption]
615 words (1.8 pages)
- When family members and close friends die people are often left experiencing grief and it might take some time before they adjust to the loss of a loved one. Most of the time a pet does not live as long as their owners, and even though a family might be able to get another pet once one dies, the death of a pet can be just as devastating to someone as the death of a close friend or family member. Coltrane Pschorr lived in several boats as a child, and this experience left him without much contact with other children.... [tags: Cat, Pet, Positron emission tomography, Death]
1114 words (3.2 pages)