I stand before you a white male, who has not experienced much of this world; I am but fifteen years old. I have little knowledge of our societies and how we work yet it is obvious how the political powers think and how they operate the world.
We should not be thinking with only greed in our minds, we should not be thinking only of benefits to ourselves, we should think of our fellow brothers and sisters. We are all the same, yet we think of others as different to us. We are no different. Some are better off then others, some are rich, some are poor, some are sick, and some are healthy, yet we are all same apart from these petty distinctions. We have all suffered at one point in time, life is full of these moments, we console those who are feeling down, suffering, we want to make them feel better… but what of the extreme cases, when our brothers and sisters are subjected to enormous amounts of violence based on ethnicity, otherwise known as petty differences.
“No war, peace, no war, peace, no war, peace”. It doesn’t matter how many times we say something, if we don’t devote ourselves to our beliefs and our heartfelt lyrics about life then it all means nothing. These two words “Never again” mean nothing. We said these words with intent to uphold them, to never let genocide happen again. But soon after these words were said the cycle of genocide started up again. Approximately thirty-seven cases of genocide have occurred in the past sixty-four years. This is obviously a statistic that shames the world, and if you have even the slightest piece of compassion inside your bones you should a...
... middle of paper ...
...ere in conflict would you run and hide? If your family was screaming for your help would you turn a blind eye? We are all family, all human’s should stick together, help each other, pull each other up from the quicksand of suffering. Please hear my message. Hear our brothers and sisters near silent whispers for help and don’t turn away. Listen, plan and act. Don’t’ just silence the cries from your mind and replace them with something more joyful. They will still be there trying to gain attention, it will not make them disappear.
Don’t look back at this time and once again feel shamed for not acting, feel proud that we stopped the annihilation of our brothers and sisters. Don’t allow another Rwanda. Its up to you. Act now and save lives.
Our brothers and sisters are calling
Act now and save them while there is still time.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... This figure is an intimidating figure because it show the occurrence of death in a crash. In this accident, the leading cause of death is people under the age of 35 years old. Safety belts can prevent death in about half of these accident. B. A seat belt help us by holding us in the car and keep people being throw around and out of the car. Many injury occur when a person inside the car collides with the steering, wheel, dashboard, windshield, the roof or other. (Transition: Let’s take a look on what is the second reason why we should wear seat belt when driving car) II. The second point is can cultivate themselves too not violate government law.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
714 words (2 pages)
- We Must Stop Giving Money to Charities 1: Introduction 1: In a story in the New York Times written by David Barstow. It’s estimated that over 1.6 billion dollars have been raised by charity organizations since the attacks on Sept 11th. That money has been raised for victims of that tragic day…..But where has all the money gone. 2: I started this speech as a simple exploration into the Red Cross and its Liberty Fund that was established to help victims of the attacks on Sept 11th. Instead I came across information and countless stories of political blunders, red tape, indecision, and the general chaos that has rocked the charity world since that day.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
1208 words (3.5 pages)
- Persuasive Speech: Same sex marriages General Purpose: To persuade Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade the audience to agree that same-sex marriages should not be legal Central Idea: The audience will realize the vices and social disorders created by legalization of same sex marriages in order to preserve marital norms INTRODUCTION I. Same sex marriage is a trending topic if not a trendy one. Countries throughout the globe are pressured with the question of homosexuality being an issue of right or morality.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1282 words (3.7 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade the audience not to eat fast food. Relevance: You all have probably experienced fast food sometime throughout your life. Credibility: The first thing that comes to mind when mentioning fast food is greasy, oily, unhealthy garb, yet most of us consume junk food on a daily basis anyway. There are over 300,000 different fast food restaurants in the US. People frequent them because of convenience (quick and usually cheap). In such a fast-paced society, people are eating more fast food than ever before (Stefanov, Sebastien).... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience to stop the witch-hunts Character: Concerned citizen of Salem just before the hanging of Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor Concerned citizens of Salem, if it were a good mornin' I would bid you that, however it is not. This mornin' a grave injustice is looming like the grey clouds before a storm. This morning we will bear witness to yet another brutal and senseless murder of two innocent Christians, Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor. Ladies and gentlemen, for four long months the very court that proposed to protect us from all evil has deceived us and in fact perpetuated the evil doings running rife throughout our fair town.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- General Purpose: Speech to Persuade Specific Purpose: To get my audience to be pro on legalizing marijuana Thesis Statement: Marijuana isn't harmful and should be legalized Organizational Pattern: Cause and Effect To the AIDS or cancer patient, marijuana is the plant that fights nausea and appetite loss. To the nutritionist, its seed is second only to the soybean in nutritional value and is a source of cooking oil and vitamins. To the paper or cloth manufacturer, it is the plant that provided much of our paper and clothing for hundreds of years and produces four times more fiber per acre than trees.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech ]
1717 words (4.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that each individual must take responsibility for his or her own actions. The must not blame guns for problems caused by people. . . Attention Grabber: Gun control isn't about guns, its about control . Body of Speech . I'd like to read a quote by our 3rd president Thomas Jefferson. "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
679 words (1.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose: To persuade the audience that aggressive driving should be avoided. Introduction I.Attention Getter: Speeding, tailgating, giving the finger and outright violence. Each day Americans grow more and more likely to take out their personal frustrations on other drivers. It is called aggressive driving and it is on the incline. II. Definition: Driving is a curious combination of public and private acts. A car isolates a driver from the world even as it carries him through it. The sensation of personal power is intoxicating.... [tags: Persuasive Speech, Argumentative Speech]
993 words (2.8 pages)
- Hello my name is ---------and here to persuade you to stop smoking. Smoking is not only bad for health it is also as bad for the people around you. Breathing other people's smoke is called passive, involuntary or secondhand smoking. The non-smoker breathes "sidestream" smoke from the burning tip of the cigarette and "mainstream" smoke that has been inhaled and then exhaled by the smoker. Secondhand smoke is a major source of indoor air pollution.How does this affect the passive smoker.... [tags: Papers Cigarettes Tobacco Argumentative Essays]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- PURPOSE: To persuade my audience that non-heart beating donations are barbaric and should not be part of our American modern day medicine. I. Introduction A. Attention Getter 1. Story about Mr. Robert Henry a. Mr. Robert Henry is a 45-year-old corporate executive who, while preparing to go to work, complains of a severe headache and collapses in front of his wife. As he is brought into the emergency room, he is seizing. He is quickly given intravenous meds to stop this. A computerized tomography scan reveals a devastating subarachnoid hemorrhage.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
691 words (2 pages)