I am here because I feel that the youth of today are talented and intelligent Individuals.
Many young people just need to be motivated and given a fair chance at success. Young people need mentors to help them find their way and to help them stay focused. Mentors play an intricate roll in your lives and are sort of liaisons between your parents or guardians and your educators.
That is why I come before you today to speak. When I was your age I faced many challenges and was fortunate enough to have mentors and motivational speakers come to my schools and neighborhoods and talk to me. As a youth motivational speaker, it is imperative for me to address these issues and challenges you face today and will continue to face for the rest of your lives.
As you know, I am not a famous ball player or athlete. I am not a famous actor, entertainer or person with millions in the bank. I am not an ex-con who is going to tell you not to take the same path I took. However, my bio is quite powerful. Everything I went through made me the strong man I am today. I knew that education would be the key to my success. I developed the hunger and desire to be successful at a young age. I had so many reasons to become a statistic or to fail. Every one of those reasons would only have been excuses. I simply refused to become another negative statistic and that was a conscientious choice I made.
One of the words I will address for you today is the word statistic. We become a statistic b...
... middle of paper ...
...ecisions. No longer can we blame, “The man” or anyone else for our problems or failures. The only man who can hold you back is the one in the mirror. Ladies and gentlemen we are in a brand new era. We are in an era that saw the first black President, President Barack Obama, walk proudly into the White House. As President of the United States he is one of the most powerful men in the world. He has given us all hope. He has proven that in this country we call America; there are endless opportunities for anyone who believes in themselves and is willing to work hard. It does not matter what your circumstances were in the past or are presently.
As a speaker, I can only try to instill drive, tenacity and motivation into you. It has to already be in some way a part of you. Your success and level of achievement in life depends on it.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Specific Purpose Statement: to persuade General-purpose statement: to persuade my audience to become organ donors and sign up online Central Idea: my central idea are what organ donation is and how it works, arguments against organ donation and refutations, and how to become an organ donor and benefits of organ donation Good evening, everyone I want to start by doing a quick poll, just raise your hand once I asked the question. Has anyone here ever saved a life from ending. If a good portion say, “you can save even more people by becoming an organ donor.” If not a good portion say “who here will save someone’s life if it is as easy as writing two word?” You are all in luck.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
603 words (1.7 pages)
- No doubt you've probably heard the term 'innocent until proven guilty' once or twice in your life. Although this concept isn't directly stated in the constitution, it is absolutely indispensable to our justice system; but with the rise of communication through technology in recent years, it is not always a right that's guaranteed. Every American in the United States is entitled to a fair trial, but with the ever increasing prevalence of social media in every day life are our trials really fair.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
593 words (1.7 pages)
- General Purpose: To Persuade Specific Purpose: To persuade my audience that they should advocate the use of alternative power sources other than nuclear energy. Central Idea: Nuclear energy only contributes a small amount to the world’s electricity yet it has hazards and dangers that far out-way its benefits. There are many other alternative power producing sources that can produce energy more efficiently and more safely than nuclear power plants can. Organization: Monroe’s Motivated Sequence I.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1650 words (4.7 pages)
- After re-watching my persuasive presentation a few times I was able to effectively critique myself, and what I found was that there were some things that I did well and some things that I did not do well that I did not even notice I was doing during the presentation itself. Although I was happy with how my speech turned out there were multiple aspects such as my introduction, conclusion, deliver, and a few other minor things that could have been improved upon. What I did to try and get the audiences attention was to try and jump right into what I was going to say.... [tags: Rhetoric, Argument, Critical thinking, Logic]
1409 words (4 pages)
- Odin Bules Mrs. Barkow HJE-5 November 30, 2015 Persuasive Speech People, habitat destruction is real. Habitat destruction is the leading cause of extinction (Hogan). Climate change is real. The earth is warming at an ever increasing rate. Malnutrition is a major issue all over the world, with 800 million people who are malnourished today(“Hunger Statistics.”). Problems that are connected with population and overconsumption are only going to increase in the coming years, by 2050 there will be around 9.6 billion people (Kochar).... [tags: Agriculture, Meat, Global warming, Cattle]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- Henry Ford has released his invention to the public. It is a horseless carriage that he calls the automobile. He has told us that this contraption will eventually be made available to the entire world. This is going to have a radical change on our society, as we know it. Each and every person out there should have an automobile. Every person’s daily chore time would be cut in half. Daily trips to town would be made in only a few short hours. Supplies from the cities would come twice as fast to the smaller towns.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
1223 words (3.5 pages)
- Introduction: I. Ferrets are amusing creatures that can make good pets. II. Many people would be interested in a low maintenance pet that is softer than a turtle and more affectionate than a goldfish. III. I currently have three ferrets. I got my first one about five years ago. I found my second and third ferrets a couple of years later at the Oregon Ferret Shelter, where I ended up adopting them for a modest price. I have also volunteered at the shelter now and then and have learned a lot about them.... [tags: Persuasive Speech, Argumentative Speech]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- PURPOSE: To persuade my audience that we must take action now to control air pollution The topic I have chosen for today is something we all take for granted-the air. Most of us hardly ever think about it. It's just something we take for granted. But the air we breathe carries pollutants that can be bad for our health. People with sensitivities, like those who have asthma, or the elderly, and also athletes are especially vulnerable to unhealthy levels of air pollution.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
668 words (1.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience to donate blood Introduction: I. Imagine your father has just suffered a heart attack and must undergo open-heart surgery in order to repair the damage. II. Imagine your little nephew or niece baby was born with a heart defect and required daily transfusions of blood in order to have a chance at survival. III. Imagine your best friend has just been diagnosed with leukemia, a disease requiring regular transfusions of platelets. IV. Not very nice images are they, but these things happen and unfortunately some of you may even have experienced them already.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Specific Purpose: To persuade my audience to help fight homelessness Central Idea: With more help for the homeless we can make America better for everyone Attention I. Imagine for a moment that you're not in this classroom. A. Instead your outside, but you not walking to class or your dorm, your living there. B. Imagine for a moment that you yourself are homeless. 1. You have no shelter 2. When it rains your wet 3.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech ]
981 words (2.8 pages)