A. Attention Getter: The amount of teenagers that get pregnant around the age of 15 through 17 is quite concerning. Even though most Teenage Pregnancies are unintentional, it still means that there are chances of them becoming pregnant.
B. Credibility: (history of your issue)”3 in 10 teen American girls will get pregnant at least once before the age of 20. That’s nearly 750,000 teen pregnancies every year. From 1990 to 2008, the teen pregnancy rate decreased 42 percent. A sexually active teen who doesn’t use contraceptives has a 90 percent chance of becoming pregnant within a year.”(11 facts)
C. Preview/Thesis: i'd like to explain the consequences of teenage pregnancies and things teens should do to prevent it.
Transition: teens come to a time when they need help and support.
II. Need: (your 2-3 major argument points and evidence)
A. A lot of teenagers who become pregnant sometimes wish they weren't . This happens because they either dont want to be parents or they know it's not the right time. By the time they find out they are pregnant they start stressing out because it was never meant to happen and also because they don't want their parents to know or to find out.
B. as the teen pregnancy rate rises more adolescents contract sexually transmitted infections like HIV
C. teenage mothers are more “prone to health problems” and they might “experience a maternal death rate at 2.5 times higher than women aged 20-24” (At Issue: Teenage Pregnancy)
D. Teenage Pregnancies associate with social issues , such as lower educational levels and higher rates of Poverty. This happens because when they are pregnant they drop out of school and just worry about their bab...
... middle of paper ...
... relationships, increase self worth and set appropriate boundaries in order to achieve future goals.” (Huber)
Transition: I believe that preventing teen pregnancy is very important and teens should know what to do being in that situation
A. today i told you how to prevent teenage pregnancies and some of the consequences
B. i ask that you should think about these precautions and take them into thought
C. even though the teen pregnancy rate has dropped we can still ensure that teens can prevent it from happening and even if they have made risky decisions in the past they can make healthier ones in the future. teenagers should stay in school and study so that they have a brighter future and can give a very dignified life to their families.It's important for all teens to be responsible and make the right decision.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- TITLE: The Morning-After pill. I. Introduction: Attention getting opening: "People have a basic human right to decide the number and spacing of their children and the right to obtain the necessary methods to do so", this was stated by the General Assembly of the United Nations World Conference on Human Rights in 1968 (Mattar). But not all methods are applicable in the countries of the world. Thesis Statement: It is a very sensitive and controversial issue, that's why I’m talking today about the morning after pill.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
682 words (1.9 pages)
- TOPIC Why we should use seatbelt when driving a car SPECIFIC PERPOSE To persuade my audience to use the seat belt in car. CENTRAL IDEA There are three reasons why we should use seat belt when driving which are preventing death when an accident occurs, cultivate themselves too not violate the law and protecting our passengers. INTRODUCTION I. Seatbelt is a very important component when we all drive a car or other vehicle. The main purpose of seat belts is to provide greater safety to the driver when driving car but at the moment, people do not care about the importance of wearing seatbelt.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
714 words (2 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that that solar power should become the main form of alternative energy in the Unites States. Introduction: Attention Getter: Let’s look ahead fifty years and see what the world is like. Imagine a world that is in total war with no end in sight. The cause behind this war is simple, oil. Everyone is fighting over those last few reserves of oil. How can this future be prevented. The answer is solar power. Claim: Solar power has the potential to become the United States main supply of energy and replace are needs for more conventional and harmful forms of power generation.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1587 words (4.5 pages)
- Persuasive Speech: Same sex marriages General Purpose: To persuade Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade the audience to agree that same-sex marriages should not be legal Central Idea: The audience will realize the vices and social disorders created by legalization of same sex marriages in order to preserve marital norms INTRODUCTION I. Same sex marriage is a trending topic if not a trendy one. Countries throughout the globe are pressured with the question of homosexuality being an issue of right or morality.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1282 words (3.7 pages)
- TOPIC: The insecurity in the Starbucks mobile payment PURPOSE: To persuade SPECIFIC PURPOSE STATEMENT: To persuade the audience of this speech to increase the security of Starbuck’s user information. Thesis statement: My audience should improve the security measures used in the mobile payment application because it puts customer’s information at risk of exposure to unauthorized person. The solution suggested will ensure that customers will feel safer using a more secure application to conduct their transactions.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- Something that I have never shared is that I did Academic Decathlon in High School. Speech was one of topics that I struggled with when I was involved in it for two years. Believe me when I say that my progress from then to now has come a long way. Right after giving my persuasive speech, I had a lot of negative thoughts that were floating in my head. I felt that there has been little process in all of this time that I have spent trying to learn to communicate more effectively. Worst of all perhaps, I felt powerless to do anything to change this.... [tags: Speech, Rhetoric, Oratory, Public speaking]
1092 words (3.1 pages)
- General Purpose: Speech to Persuade Specific Purpose: To get my audience to be pro on legalizing marijuana Thesis Statement: Marijuana isn't harmful and should be legalized Organizational Pattern: Cause and Effect To the AIDS or cancer patient, marijuana is the plant that fights nausea and appetite loss. To the nutritionist, its seed is second only to the soybean in nutritional value and is a source of cooking oil and vitamins. To the paper or cloth manufacturer, it is the plant that provided much of our paper and clothing for hundreds of years and produces four times more fiber per acre than trees.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech ]
1717 words (4.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that each individual must take responsibility for his or her own actions. The must not blame guns for problems caused by people. . . Attention Grabber: Gun control isn't about guns, its about control . Body of Speech . I'd like to read a quote by our 3rd president Thomas Jefferson. "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
679 words (1.9 pages)
- The Use of Birth Control to Prevent Pregnancy The dilemma of unwanted pregnancy has faced the human species as far back in history as the day man found out that there was a connection between sexual intercourse and conceiving a baby. To solve it, many methods were used -- some disagreeable, some dangerous and many ineffective. Fortunately, today for the first time in history, a choice of contraceptives is available that is, safe, convenient, and effective. Much difference of opinion about the moral correctness of sex without the possibility of becoming pregnant, surrounds this subject.... [tags: Pregnancy Prevention]
1001 words (2.9 pages)
- PURPOSE: To persuade my audience that non-heart beating donations are barbaric and should not be part of our American modern day medicine. I. Introduction A. Attention Getter 1. Story about Mr. Robert Henry a. Mr. Robert Henry is a 45-year-old corporate executive who, while preparing to go to work, complains of a severe headache and collapses in front of his wife. As he is brought into the emergency room, he is seizing. He is quickly given intravenous meds to stop this. A computerized tomography scan reveals a devastating subarachnoid hemorrhage.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
691 words (2 pages)