Specific Purpose: To convince the audience why it is good to volunteer.
Thesis: Volunteering, The good it does for others, the community, and themselves.
I: Have you ever wondered how to mend all the things that are wrong in the world and make them right? Have you ever felt that things need to be changed?
The truth is that ordinary people just like you and me are doing that. They are doing things like helping other people out to cleaning up the environment. Overall in our country, more than 56% of our population, men and women, young and old, are giving of themselves to help create a better world.
The amazing thing is, the people that volunteer to help are making a lot of differences. Our society has benefited from the generosity of volunteers of all ages. More than one and a half million non-profit organizations and charities benefiting as a result. The estimated economic value on the volunteering sector is in the area of billions of dollars annually. It has always been, a very important aspect of our society.
Still some people move away from the ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that I should be the next school prefect I would like to take this opportunity to run for school prefect. I believe true leadership is a quality many aspire to have, and only a few truly obtain, because in order to become a leader you must first learn to follow. I believe over the past four years this school has given me the knowledge, education and understanding to fulfil the qualities to become a prefect.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
416 words (1.2 pages)
- I. Introduction A. Attention Getter: Has anyone ever stopped to help you when you were in need. How did it make you feel. B. Thesis Statement: Volunteering in your local community will help those around you and help you feel like you have contributed something positive and it is easier than most people think. C. Speaker Credibility Statement: If we all did our part to help those in need, our community would be a better and safer place to live. By doing this, we can achieve a greater sense of accomplishment.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- TOPIC Why we should use seatbelt when driving a car SPECIFIC PERPOSE To persuade my audience to use the seat belt in car. CENTRAL IDEA There are three reasons why we should use seat belt when driving which are preventing death when an accident occurs, cultivate themselves too not violate the law and protecting our passengers. INTRODUCTION I. Seatbelt is a very important component when we all drive a car or other vehicle. The main purpose of seat belts is to provide greater safety to the driver when driving car but at the moment, people do not care about the importance of wearing seatbelt.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
714 words (2 pages)
- Persuasive Speech: Same sex marriages General Purpose: To persuade Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade the audience to agree that same-sex marriages should not be legal Central Idea: The audience will realize the vices and social disorders created by legalization of same sex marriages in order to preserve marital norms INTRODUCTION I. Same sex marriage is a trending topic if not a trendy one. Countries throughout the globe are pressured with the question of homosexuality being an issue of right or morality.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1282 words (3.7 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: to persuade General-purpose statement: to persuade my audience to become organ donors and sign up online Central Idea: my central idea are what organ donation is and how it works, arguments against organ donation and refutations, and how to become an organ donor and benefits of organ donation Good evening, everyone I want to start by doing a quick poll, just raise your hand once I asked the question. Has anyone here ever saved a life from ending. If a good portion say, “you can save even more people by becoming an organ donor.” If not a good portion say “who here will save someone’s life if it is as easy as writing two word?” You are all in luck.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
603 words (1.7 pages)
- I. Attention/Introduction: A. Attention Getter: The amount of teenagers that get pregnant around the age of 15 through 17 is quite concerning. Even though most Teenage Pregnancies are unintentional, it still means that there are chances of them becoming pregnant. B. Credibility: (history of your issue)”3 in 10 teen American girls will get pregnant at least once before the age of 20. That’s nearly 750,000 teen pregnancies every year. From 1990 to 2008, the teen pregnancy rate decreased 42 percent.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
659 words (1.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that each individual must take responsibility for his or her own actions. The must not blame guns for problems caused by people. . . Attention Grabber: Gun control isn't about guns, its about control . Body of Speech . I'd like to read a quote by our 3rd president Thomas Jefferson. "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
679 words (1.9 pages)
- Topic: Certification Programs General Purpose: To persuade individuals to enroll in a certification program of their choice. Thesis: This speech will cover the many educational alternatives of certification programs in higher education, as well as their advantages. This will include a detailed description of certification courses in Computer, Nursing, and Trucking. Introduction Are you one of millions of people who would like to earn great money in a respectable field of profession, but refuse to sit through 4 full years of a Bachelor’s program.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- General Purpose: Speech to Persuade Specific Purpose: To get my audience to be pro on legalizing marijuana Thesis Statement: Marijuana isn't harmful and should be legalized Organizational Pattern: Cause and Effect To the AIDS or cancer patient, marijuana is the plant that fights nausea and appetite loss. To the nutritionist, its seed is second only to the soybean in nutritional value and is a source of cooking oil and vitamins. To the paper or cloth manufacturer, it is the plant that provided much of our paper and clothing for hundreds of years and produces four times more fiber per acre than trees.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech ]
1717 words (4.9 pages)
- It is possible to go through your entire life without exploring the meaning of life. But I can't see how a person can direct one hundred percent of their efforts throughout their life to one philosophy without asking themselves the big question. If you don't know what you are doing something for, isn't it hard to get enthusiastic about it. Unless, of course, the activity is inherently enjoyable. Let's do a quick survey. Hands up those that think a life spent without goals is pointless. How about a person who doesn't achieve any of her goals, a failure.... [tags: Persuasive Speech, Argumentative Speech]
480 words (1.4 pages)
- The Epic Of Sonnets By Helen Vendler
- The General View Of Outsourcing Other Human Resources Roles, Including Payroll, Temporary Replacements And Relocation
- Lord Of The Flies By William Golding
- A Good Social Studies Teacher
- Biochemical And Psychoanalytic Theories Of Abnormality
- The Death Of Vincent Van Gogh