As I first noticed this trend starting to appear in different schooling systems, I had one main question; Who is behind this new era of learning? Quest to Learn (Q2L) is a company that uses video games and design in their whole curriculum to teach middle school students how to apply their basic school topics (math, english, history, etc.) to...
... middle of paper ...
...then to match it with the same amount of time with a more physical and social learning environment.Therefore, with the current educational system being mostly successful, it only makes sense to add a new ingredient that will do nothing but boost test scores, raise graduation rates, and let our children have fun while doing it.
In conclusion, it is common to wave off ideas that seem taboo to past generations, however it is also extremely beneficial to welcome new ideas and practices that can present themselves useful. Having this new implementation of video games in our education systems will not only be beneficial to contemporary society’s students, but it will also provide a basis for what is to come of the digital world in future generations. “Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future” -John F. Kennedy.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Persuasive Essay Video games. They provide an escape from reality to explore worlds and realms beyond our own. However there is a lot of controversy surrounding wether or not video games are good for you, many people are under the impression that video games turn kids and adults alike into mindless zombies hellbent on violence but in this essay I aim to convince you that not only is this untrue but that video games are actually beneficial. I’d also like to mention that too much of anything is bad for your health,for example extremely high quantities of broccoli can be toxic.... [tags: Video game, Video game genres, Video game console]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Abigail Flores Dr. Lisa Menegatos HON 101-1001 2 March 2015 Informative Speech: Preparation Outline Introduction Attention Grabber Video games have come a long way. They have evolved from the simple game of Pong into a complex, multi-platform, multi-genre, multi-billion dollar industry. Credibility I have been playing video games for as long as I remember. I started by playing the original Super Mario Bros. on the Nintendo Entertainment System with my older brother and sister. I’ve stayed up way past my bedtime in elementary school playing Pokemon on my Gameboy.... [tags: Video game, Video game genres, Video game industry]
1222 words (3.5 pages)
- I attended John Edwin May’s speech about wrestling. I was excited to attend this speech, because growing up I idolized many of the wrestlers on television. I was expecting to learn some new and interesting facts. Sadly there was nothing spectacular about this speech, at least nothing I did not already know. Although John May’s speech was good, there was room for improvement in many areas. To improve the speech, John could have made sure his attention grabber was at the beginning of his speech. He introduced himself and began to speak his topic.... [tags: Wrestling, Public Speaking]
1125 words (3.2 pages)
- Video games have been argued about for decades. Some people have argued that video games are linked to violence. However, new research shows that video games can be used for therapeutic purposes, exercise, stress relievers, positive interactive learning, hand eye coordination, and different types of patient treatment for people all around the world. When playing video games, the coordination and concentration can physically, socially, and mentally benefit the user. Research today shows that certain video games can reduce fat and therefore promote weight loss.... [tags: Video Games]
1776 words (5.1 pages)
- In 1972, the famous video game Pong was released and quickly became the first popular arcade game. A simple game based on ping-pong with archaic graphic design and controls. Thirty-nine years later we have gone from Pong to elaborate Hollywood style games that are based around narrative like Call of Duty or Metal Gear Solid. Video games have come from simply being games to becoming what some argue is a new medium for narrative that can tell a story uniquely and completely unlike film and literature.... [tags: Video Games]
1426 words (4.1 pages)
- The use of video games has become a norm for many people and families. They may be used to relax after a long day of work, or as a way for the family to all participate in something together. Many people view video games as just another form of entertainment, but could they actually be more. Meditation is used as a therapy to reduce the stress of everyday life. It is a way to focus one’s mind on the present and alleviate the stress that life can cause. By focusing on something besides stress, a person is able to relax.... [tags: Video Games]
1097 words (3.1 pages)
- Did you know that Pong; the first game made by Atari, wasn’t originally meant to be released to the public. A new Atari employee was given the assignment of making it simply as a test of his game design skills. Since Pong became a hit, video games have been a large part of the entertainment business. They have found their way into homes all over the world. “You can’t say that video games grew out of pinball, but you can assume that video games wouldn’t have happened without it. It’s like bicycles and cars.... [tags: Video Games]
2092 words (6 pages)
- Video Games: Assassin Simulations Video game violence has been a wildly debated topic since the beginnings of the industry. The topic evolved from the debate on media violence or violence in print media. However, the video game debate brings a new angle. Video games, because of their immersive nature, are said to have more impact on children. The proponents and opponents of video game censorship do not really fall into traditional political boundaries. The proponents of censorship tend to be some parents and doctors.... [tags: Video Games Violence Papers]
1813 words (5.2 pages)
- Do videogames really need to be censored by the United States’ Government. Over the past several years there has been a controversial court case under discussion to censor videogames. This case is trying to get the United States’ Government to prohibit the selling of all videogames that may include graphic violence, virtual sex, violent and gory scenes, partial or full nudity, portrayal of criminal behavior or other provocative and objectionable material (Mears, Para 1). There are numerous arguments why videogames should or should not be censored.... [tags: Government, Censoring Video Games]
2197 words (6.3 pages)
- Video Games Are Beneficial Video Games have come a long way since their first introduction into the main stream. With video games becoming more sophisticated and using advanced technology, it seems as if video games are closing in on the gap between games and reality. However, as video games become ever so life-like it brings up the question of if the violence associated with video games is having a negative consequence. There have been many accusations over the years over the harm video games are causing children and teenagers.... [tags: Video Games]
1872 words (5.3 pages)