She spent quite a bit of time making sure they were very prepared. Their small bags were in the back along with a light lunch that she made.
She peered at Shadow in the back seat, hoping he wouldn’t try anything. Making the lunch took longer than necessary due to Edward’s inability to keep his hand to himself.
Not that she minded.
His hands were more than welcome.
“I love this song!” Bella turned up the volume and the jazzy melodic tunes filled the car. “Oh, yeah,” she yelled, moving her arms about, attempting to dance. “Road trip!”
Edward shook his head, his lips forming a small smile as he leaned back in his seat. “Once again,” he laughed. “You’re crazy.”
She ignored his jibe and continued her little dance, swinging her arms and gyrating in her seat. When she had enough, she started the car and pulled away from the lone cabin.
“You still haven’t told me about your father.”
Bella shrugged. “I said our talk went okay. What more is there to say?”
“Just okay?” He asked. “No details? When will you see him again?”
“Okay so you clearly don’t want to talk about that.”
“He hates me, okay?” she snapped, feeling slightly irritated. “He always has. Except, this time he as civil in his hatred. He spoke to me. He was calm. We have a lot of issues to deal with, but at least he spoke to me without yelling. He let me know how mediocre and useless I am and I didn’t completely feel like dirt. I wasn’t lying when I said I was glad I went. I felt relief after our talk. It almost felt like…love.”
“That’s not love, Bella.”
“I did say almost. It’s like his hatred comes from a place of love. My father is a comp...
... middle of paper ...
... are clearly a nice girl but I just hope you are prepared for whatever issues that may come up, when it comes to Edward. He seems to be open to you, but he can get detached at times and…you have to understand. He’s been through a lot. He’s been that way before the accident and is probably even worse now. I wouldn’t have been able to handle it if I was in you position six years ago much less for today.”
“I understand your concern Alice,” Bella said. “But I know what I’m doing. At this point I really don’t want or need anyone to question my choices because I know I am making the right ones. I have had enough input from other people. Besides, I’m far from fickle, so you have nothing to worry about when it comes to Edward’s heart.”
“And what about yours?”
Bella paused for a moment, looking into the eyes of the concerned well-meaning woman. “That’s for me to worry about.”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Jerry 's sitting at his cluttered desk, trying to ignore all the commotion in the squad room. There had been a hit and run on the square and apparently half the town witnessed to the wreck. Fed up with the noise, he decides to take his laptop into the office when he sees Rachel shuffling around the mass of people. "Did you find out anything?" He yells over the loud chattering. "No, the owners claim they haven 't loaned their car to anyone. I inspected the cars, for tampering, but you can tell neither has been moved in quite some time." "Well, it was worth a shot.... [tags: 2008 singles, 2005 singles, 2009 singles]
2340 words (6.7 pages)
- we have to make sure that we are able to get around you and as close to you as possible when delivering your baby. Oh, I aside still feeling nervous. Dr. Carr entered the room with both his hands in the air just like I have seen on the movies. Which informed me he just washed his hands. The nurse that I was just speaking too stopped what she was doing and put some latex gloves on him that went up to the middle of his arms. The two other nurses who were previously in the room started and IV and it began pushing cold fluids in my veins.... [tags: 2006 singles, 2007 singles]
1120 words (3.2 pages)
- talk to Gerald the next morning and asked if everything was okay between him and Uncle Darnell. He said, “Yes. I like your Uncle.” I said, “That is good.” Years later, I heard the news about a big drug raid in the suburbs and when they showed the house, I knew it was Gerald’s brother’s house. I called Gerald to see if he was watching the news. He said no. And I can’t talk right now baby. He said I would come by later, but he never showed up. Days later, he came by my job to take me out to lunch.... [tags: English-language films, American films]
1402 words (4 pages)
- Bella flipped through Edward’s iPod looking for some suitable music to play for their trip. “We need some road trip music Edward!” She spent quite a bit of time making sure they were very prepared. Their small bags were in the back along with a light lunch that she made. She peered at Shadow in the back seat, hoping he wouldn’t try anything. Making the lunch took longer than necessary due to Edward’s inability to keep his hand to himself. Not that she minded. His hands were more than welcome. “I love this song!” Bella turned up the volume and the jazzy melodic tunes filled the car.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2005 singles, 2008 singles]
1903 words (5.4 pages)
- Sixteen is probably a rebellious age for most people and I was no exception. I craved freedom and snuck out of the house every chance I got. Party animal is probably the correct term to use here. Eating out and partying the night away was the theme of that age, and having my mother nagging around me was always a nightmare. Whenever I got time to doze off, I imagined myself turning eighteen so that I could move out of the house for good. I would rent my own apartment and be around my friends. A smile would always appear on my face whenever I even think about never having my mother nag around me again, and that I can do whatever as I wish.... [tags: Mother, Family, Father, Coming out]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- “Hey, you awake?” I am, but I’m not. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it like that.” What did you mean then. “I’ve been having a hard time and I just wanted you to care.” I do care. “Guess your asleep. Good night, I love you and I’m sorry.” I’m sorry you can’t spell “you’re” correctly, but that’s okay I know what you meant. It’s another Saturday morning to do the same routine. Cling. “Good Morning. :)” Another text from Thomas. “Good morning Thomas” Sent. “How are you, beautful?” Man, he can’t spell. “I just woke up, about to get ready for work.... [tags: 2007 singles, Debut albums, 2009 singles]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- be distracting to the students trying to read to themselves. Once the students had finished reading, Ms. Knox unceremoniously handed each child a set of letter magnets and a small baking sheet. She told the students to use the magnets to spell out that weeks spelling words but became easily frustrated when the students asked questions. She has sloppy transitions that left the kids shuffled and confused. There was a great deal of fragmentation inside Ms. Knox’s classroom. It seemed like Ms. Knox wanted to be a Social Reconstructionist or Progressivist but didn’t have the full set of skills necessary.... [tags: Education, Teacher, High school, Classroom]
1619 words (4.6 pages)
- Writing From Life - Original Writing I couldn’t even look her in the eye. Not after what I’d done. What she’d done. Being part of a big family was difficult, but you always had someone to talk to, but not this time. I was generally closest to Rabia. She was two years younger than me, and to her, everything was simple and had a simple answer. I think that’s why we were so close. She was always great if you had a problem, or needed help. She was also fun to be with, making up games that people would normally call childish, but because she made them up, they were ‘cool’.... [tags: Papers]
1693 words (4.8 pages)
- Commentary on Persuasive Speeches In order to begin this piece of work we looked at persuasive speeches in our lessons. These speeches were from famous people, such as Hitler and Tony Blair. However, my personal inspiration came from a speech from Diana Princess Of Wales, entitled, 'Women and children with aids.' This acted as a style model for my final piece and gave me the basis for my ideas. As well as this it helped in my planning, as I could see which techniques were the most effective and how to craft the piece for maximum effect.... [tags: Papers]
461 words (1.3 pages)
- Questioning of the Writing Profession Plato’s The Republic For all the time today’s students spend learning to write well, Plato is skeptical of those who spend their lives crafting words. In the tenth chapter of The Republic, Socrates condemns poets as imitators. In the dialogue that bears his name, Phaedrus wonders whether words in the constructed rhythms of speech or poetry will obscure Truth, the philosopher’s ultimate goal. Speech-writing is just the clever use of rhetorical device, poetry is faulty imitation, and both empty voices can deceive us.... [tags: Plato's Republic Essays]
1406 words (4 pages)