Am I unlucky?... Why? Because I am a girl. Because still in this modern world gender issues do exist, they are deeply engrained, they are currently unfair, and the people trying to make them fairer by repressing women backwards instead of giving them the same choices that men have.
Gender issues start from an early age, such as with toys and colours. We use blue for a boy and pink for a girl, and we do this to differentiate that blue is commonly associated with being masculine and strong while pink is a soft and feminine colour. Girls are not given action figures, tanks and guns, and boys are not given cooking sets and dolls to play with. These roles are engrained from a young age and are pushed on children so that they support it.
But where is the major problem. It all lies within the time period of adolescence. Teenage boys are often considered as ‘fainthearted’ when they are not sexually active especially after their 17th birthday. Boys consider that being a virgin is uncool, lame and embarrassing. Statistics say that the average male loses his virginity at age 16.9 and girls between the ages of 10 and 14 make up the greatest proportion of victim of sexual violence followed by young women aged between 15 and 24 years being in the second largest category. Besides, underage drinking or even drinking at the age of 18-19 is a major issue that often results in boys turning into criminals, that is becoming a rapist or murderer under the influence. Teenagers are more excited about drinking on their 18th birthday than steppi...
... middle of paper ...
...ven rarer to see him take up most of the household jobs. Women at one point of their life have to share her independent professional and personal life and often leave their whole life when they get married.
A male that acts within his own gender role is promoted and praised, but a woman is forced to stay within a certain fence within her role. Regardless of whether they are concealed beneath a full clothing or revealing, the reason of exploitation, crimes and being informal is the same - she is the physical example of sex and is not worthy of a life independent of it. Males need to change their way of viewing and see women as the reason of being successful as she is the person that gives birth. I would like to conclude by Gandhi’s saying “Be the change if you want to see the change. When our sisters can walk alone during midnight, we have won our Independence.”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- This paper will address some of the issues surrounding hate speech and its regulation. I will explain both Andrew Altman and Jonathan Rauch’s positions in the first two sections. The third section will be on what Altman might say to Rauch’s opposite views. I will then discuss my view that hate speech should never be regulated under any circumstance especially in the name of protecting someone’s psychology, feelings, or insecurities like Altman prescribes. In the end, I will conclude that we should not agree with Altman despite his well intentioned moral convictions to push for hate speech regulation.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Essays]
2135 words (6.1 pages)
- A Speech With More Than One Story I am Monise Ghandchi. I am a 17-Year-Old persian girl who holds many personalities. I am energetic, athletic, generous, loud, quiet, innocent, guilty, and etc. However, the youths i grew up with narrowed my presence down to one thought. A single story. Although i’ve wondered, I never actually knew why people at my school wouldn 't interact with me since I’ve always been extremely friendly and generous towards anyone who got to know me. Then again, not many people tried to get to know me.... [tags: Mind, Thought, Race, Abuse]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- We Must Put an End to Gender-related Stereotypes I have heard it said many times and by many women, "I wish that I were a man. Men have it so easy. . ." It is a statement which stems from the fear and anger that comes from so many years of oppression and abuse; a statement which stems from the pressure to meet the present impossible standards of beauty and bodily perfection. At times it seems to be an understandable statement to make. Admittedly, I have found myself wishing that very absurdity when the pressures of being a woman have seemed to be too much.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Argument Essays]
1643 words (4.7 pages)
- Persuasive Speech: Same sex marriages General Purpose: To persuade Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade the audience to agree that same-sex marriages should not be legal Central Idea: The audience will realize the vices and social disorders created by legalization of same sex marriages in order to preserve marital norms INTRODUCTION I. Same sex marriage is a trending topic if not a trendy one. Countries throughout the globe are pressured with the question of homosexuality being an issue of right or morality.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1282 words (3.7 pages)
- I. Introduction A. Attention Getter: Has anyone ever stopped to help you when you were in need. How did it make you feel. B. Thesis Statement: Volunteering in your local community will help those around you and help you feel like you have contributed something positive and it is easier than most people think. C. Speaker Credibility Statement: If we all did our part to help those in need, our community would be a better and safer place to live. By doing this, we can achieve a greater sense of accomplishment.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- TOPIC Why we should use seatbelt when driving a car SPECIFIC PERPOSE To persuade my audience to use the seat belt in car. CENTRAL IDEA There are three reasons why we should use seat belt when driving which are preventing death when an accident occurs, cultivate themselves too not violate the law and protecting our passengers. INTRODUCTION I. Seatbelt is a very important component when we all drive a car or other vehicle. The main purpose of seat belts is to provide greater safety to the driver when driving car but at the moment, people do not care about the importance of wearing seatbelt.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
714 words (2 pages)
- TOPIC: The insecurity in the Starbucks mobile payment PURPOSE: To persuade SPECIFIC PURPOSE STATEMENT: To persuade the audience of this speech to increase the security of Starbuck’s user information. Thesis statement: My audience should improve the security measures used in the mobile payment application because it puts customer’s information at risk of exposure to unauthorized person. The solution suggested will ensure that customers will feel safer using a more secure application to conduct their transactions.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- Gays: Seeking Equal Rights Not Special Rights On October 6, 1998 two men took Matthew Shepard, a gay college student, about a mile outside of Laramie Wyoming. These men took him out to a split-rail fence, tortured him, then tied him put onto the fence, and left him for death. He was found late the next day by two bikers, 18 hours after the attack. When the bikers first saw Matthew tied to the fence, they thought that Matthew was a scarecrow, but realized that it was a person. Matthew remained in a coma until October 12, then died at 12:53 a.m.... [tags: Persuasive Essay, Argumentative]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that each individual must take responsibility for his or her own actions. The must not blame guns for problems caused by people. . . Attention Grabber: Gun control isn't about guns, its about control . Body of Speech . I'd like to read a quote by our 3rd president Thomas Jefferson. "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
679 words (1.9 pages)
- Topic: Certification Programs General Purpose: To persuade individuals to enroll in a certification program of their choice. Thesis: This speech will cover the many educational alternatives of certification programs in higher education, as well as their advantages. This will include a detailed description of certification courses in Computer, Nursing, and Trucking. Introduction Are you one of millions of people who would like to earn great money in a respectable field of profession, but refuse to sit through 4 full years of a Bachelor’s program.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
854 words (2.4 pages)