Specific Purpose: To Persuade the audience to not treat people differently just because of their religion.
Central Idea: Due to recent terrorizing events all around the globe, people are starting to be scared of some religion, especially Islam. Due to this fear of Islam people have been treating all the Muslim as terrorist and doing wrong to them just because they are generalizing the Muslim community as terrorists.
Attention Getter: It was the month of January, a student arrived at school feeling really confident about the test he was about to take in his History class. He is slowly walking to his school and suddenly some people who were in their car saw the kid and stopped. They followed him and when he reached an empty street they stopped, got out of their cars and surrounded him. They start cussing at him and say bad words about him religion and family. All the kid could think about was to get to school where it’s safe. Then one of the meatheads punches him in the face and he falls to the ground. He doesn’t fight back he bears all the hits and then walks away.
Introduction to Topic: Today I am going to talk to you guys about Islamophobia. After conducting research UC Berkeley, a world known university, define Islamophobia as “unfounded hostility towards Muslims, and therefore fear or dislike of all or most Muslims.” According to Oxford Dictionary, defines the word as “Dislike of or prejudice against Islam or Muslims, especially as a political force.”
Statement of Credibility/ Relevance: According to International Business Times, there are about 3.3 million Muslims living in the United States of America and everyday these Muslims are victims of religious intolerance.
Thesis: We n...
... middle of paper ...
...her way that you can help is to reach out to the organizations who help the victims of the injustice and help the people live their lives in peace.
Conclusion: There are many social justices in this world. They are equally stupid but are still taking place while we are sitting here and listening to me
Review: Today I informed you guys about the injustice against the Muslim people because of their religion. Then, I listed some reason for why this injustice is present in our society today. And finally, I provided solutions for how to fix this problem and what you as an individual do to help
Dynamic Ending: Now you wonder why did the boy didn’t fight back. That boy was me when I was in 8th grade. The reason why I didn’t fight back because if I did then that would create more hatred towards the religion and all of you know that we have enough hatred towards our religion
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- TOPIC Why we should use seatbelt when driving a car SPECIFIC PERPOSE To persuade my audience to use the seat belt in car. CENTRAL IDEA There are three reasons why we should use seat belt when driving which are preventing death when an accident occurs, cultivate themselves too not violate the law and protecting our passengers. INTRODUCTION I. Seatbelt is a very important component when we all drive a car or other vehicle. The main purpose of seat belts is to provide greater safety to the driver when driving car but at the moment, people do not care about the importance of wearing seatbelt.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
714 words (2 pages)
- Persuasive Speech: Same sex marriages General Purpose: To persuade Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade the audience to agree that same-sex marriages should not be legal Central Idea: The audience will realize the vices and social disorders created by legalization of same sex marriages in order to preserve marital norms INTRODUCTION I. Same sex marriage is a trending topic if not a trendy one. Countries throughout the globe are pressured with the question of homosexuality being an issue of right or morality.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1282 words (3.7 pages)
- I. Introduction A. Attention Getter: Has anyone ever stopped to help you when you were in need. How did it make you feel. B. Thesis Statement: Volunteering in your local community will help those around you and help you feel like you have contributed something positive and it is easier than most people think. C. Speaker Credibility Statement: If we all did our part to help those in need, our community would be a better and safer place to live. By doing this, we can achieve a greater sense of accomplishment.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Specific Purpose: To persuade the audience to view oceanic exploration as a valuable undertaking. INTRODUCTION I. Opening Statement: Forget about exploring outer space, we should concentrate on something a lot closer that we only know a small fraction about - Earth’s oceans. II. Central Idea: To show the benefits of Government funded exploration and examination of the oceanic environments across the globe. III. Credibility Statement: I have gathered information from various online sources and periodicals to illustrate the importance of our undersea environment.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that that solar power should become the main form of alternative energy in the Unites States. Introduction: Attention Getter: Let’s look ahead fifty years and see what the world is like. Imagine a world that is in total war with no end in sight. The cause behind this war is simple, oil. Everyone is fighting over those last few reserves of oil. How can this future be prevented. The answer is solar power. Claim: Solar power has the potential to become the United States main supply of energy and replace are needs for more conventional and harmful forms of power generation.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1587 words (4.5 pages)
- General Purpose: Speech to Persuade Specific Purpose: To get my audience to be pro on legalizing marijuana Thesis Statement: Marijuana isn't harmful and should be legalized Organizational Pattern: Cause and Effect To the AIDS or cancer patient, marijuana is the plant that fights nausea and appetite loss. To the nutritionist, its seed is second only to the soybean in nutritional value and is a source of cooking oil and vitamins. To the paper or cloth manufacturer, it is the plant that provided much of our paper and clothing for hundreds of years and produces four times more fiber per acre than trees.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech ]
1717 words (4.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that each individual must take responsibility for his or her own actions. The must not blame guns for problems caused by people. . . Attention Grabber: Gun control isn't about guns, its about control . Body of Speech . I'd like to read a quote by our 3rd president Thomas Jefferson. "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
679 words (1.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience to stop the witch-hunts Character: Concerned citizen of Salem just before the hanging of Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor Concerned citizens of Salem, if it were a good mornin' I would bid you that, however it is not. This mornin' a grave injustice is looming like the grey clouds before a storm. This morning we will bear witness to yet another brutal and senseless murder of two innocent Christians, Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor. Ladies and gentlemen, for four long months the very court that proposed to protect us from all evil has deceived us and in fact perpetuated the evil doings running rife throughout our fair town.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- Topic: Certification Programs General Purpose: To persuade individuals to enroll in a certification program of their choice. Thesis: This speech will cover the many educational alternatives of certification programs in higher education, as well as their advantages. This will include a detailed description of certification courses in Computer, Nursing, and Trucking. Introduction Are you one of millions of people who would like to earn great money in a respectable field of profession, but refuse to sit through 4 full years of a Bachelor’s program.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- Specific Purpose: To persuade my audience to help fight homelessness Central Idea: With more help for the homeless we can make America better for everyone Attention I. Imagine for a moment that you're not in this classroom. A. Instead your outside, but you not walking to class or your dorm, your living there. B. Imagine for a moment that you yourself are homeless. 1. You have no shelter 2. When it rains your wet 3.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech ]
981 words (2.8 pages)