Essay PreviewMore ↓
I feel like Public School #23 has a character of its own. In fact it's like a tree, it has roots of strong administrators who make sure we stay grounded. It has a strong trunk of teachers who wish to support us in whatever we decide to do. We have wonderful subjects the branches that make us interested and fill our brains with knowledge and we the students are the leaves. As freshman we start to bud, as sophomores we begin to get full shape and color, as juniors we begin are full shape and size and by senior year we are tired and wish to leave the tree and adventure the world. The shadow that our tree forms is a very respectable one. I am ______ and I want to be your Class President.
I show respect for everybody and believe that is one of the most important qualities for a president. A president should be able and will to listen to others.
How to Cite this Page
"Persuasive Speech: I Should Be the Next Class President." 123HelpMe.com. 17 Aug 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that I should be the next class President The 16th president Abraham Lincoln once said "Character is like a tree and reputation is like a Shadow. The shadow is what we think of it, the tree is the real thing." I feel like Public School #23 has a character of its own.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
618 words (1.8 pages)
- Specific Purpose: To persuade the audience to view oceanic exploration as a valuable undertaking. INTRODUCTION I. Opening Statement: Forget about exploring outer space, we should concentrate on something a lot closer that we only know a small fraction about - Earth’s oceans. II. Central Idea: To show the benefits of Government funded exploration and examination of the oceanic environments across the globe. III. Credibility Statement: I have gathered information from various online sources and periodicals to illustrate the importance of our undersea environment.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that that solar power should become the main form of alternative energy in the Unites States. Introduction: Attention Getter: Let’s look ahead fifty years and see what the world is like. Imagine a world that is in total war with no end in sight. The cause behind this war is simple, oil. Everyone is fighting over those last few reserves of oil. How can this future be prevented. The answer is solar power. Claim: Solar power has the potential to become the United States main supply of energy and replace are needs for more conventional and harmful forms of power generation.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1587 words (4.5 pages)
- Introduction: I. Ferrets are amusing creatures that can make good pets. II. Many people would be interested in a low maintenance pet that is softer than a turtle and more affectionate than a goldfish. III. I currently have three ferrets. I got my first one about five years ago. I found my second and third ferrets a couple of years later at the Oregon Ferret Shelter, where I ended up adopting them for a modest price. I have also volunteered at the shelter now and then and have learned a lot about them.... [tags: Persuasive Speech, Argumentative Speech]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- Topic: The American Red Cross Club at State University is group that organizes blood drives, and thinks of creative ways to motivate people do donate blood. Purpose Statement: Check out the flyer, stop in at a meeting, or search for us online, to find out how to sign up. Audience Analysis: 1. Demographics: People who wish to donate blood will need to be at least 17 years of age and weighing no less than 110 pounds. If one is interested in joining the American Red Cross Club, they will need to be a current MSU student.... [tags: Informative Speech]
1261 words (3.6 pages)
- Free Speech Should Not be Restricted I have an idea! How about we let everyone freely speak their minds about issues and ideas. Some will be better than others will of course, but the outcome will be a compilation of everyone’s best thoughts. Everyone that is, except you. We, meaning the country, decided that whatever it is that you have to say isn’t all that important and it is recommended that you keep all your thoughts to yourself as it is hard not to be offensive to everyone at the same time. By offensive I mean to displease someone. In general, no one really likes what you have to say. Therefore it has been decided that you and only you will be silenced.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Argument Essays]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- Immigration reform is one of the most active and discussed topics right now in American Politics. Mr. Speaker, you are being presented with a unique opportunity to embrace and lead the charge in this reform. The United States is a nation of immigrants. It was built and carried by people who migrated all over the world because they believed in the American Dream. The American Dream is not dead, and immigrants can and will continue to be an incredible positive side to this beautiful nation. But the truth remains, Immigration policies are incredibly outdated and xenophobic.... [tags: America, Bill, Bipartisan]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- Hello my name is ---------and here to persuade you to stop smoking. Smoking is not only bad for health it is also as bad for the people around you. Breathing other people's smoke is called passive, involuntary or secondhand smoking. The non-smoker breathes "sidestream" smoke from the burning tip of the cigarette and "mainstream" smoke that has been inhaled and then exhaled by the smoker. Secondhand smoke is a major source of indoor air pollution.How does this affect the passive smoker.... [tags: Papers Cigarettes Tobacco Argumentative Essays]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Freedom Of Speech Do you think swearing is right. Well everybody in the world does it either its addressing it to someone, threatening someone, or even just saying it for no reason. Freedom of speech is important because it gives a person a chance to express themselves freely without having to get in trouble or anything. People around the world listen to swearing almost everyday. There are sometimes that you can get in trouble for saying what you want (I.e. threatening someone for there life). If you were to threaten someone for there life, you will get arrested.... [tags: Argument Argumentative Persuasive]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- Mainstreaming Should be the Parents Decision Integrating children with handicaps into regular classrooms (also known as mainstreaming) has been a huge issue in education systems recently. The goal of mainstreaming is providing the most appropriate and beneficial education to a child in the least restrictive setting and so the question of where the children with handicaps benefit the most is the question that is the hardest to answer. In the 1960's there was no question. No one even thought about taking a child with a handicap out of special education and placing them within a regular classroom.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Essays]
995 words (2.8 pages)
My first issue I would like to address is the Cafeteria issue. There are several minor changes that I would like to make. The first change I would like to make is the vending machines especially the one that dispenses bottles throughout the day. There are about 6 buttons on that machine in the cafeteria and out of which only 2 dispenses drinks other than water. The other two drinks are apple juice and orange juice. So let us say if you are one of the kids who need to have a Gatorade but you are in a hurry to go to your next class you have to wait on line and risk being late to your next class or ask to go during class or just wait until you have more time to get your drink. It would just make life much better for the students to have more options in the vending machines. I would also like to change the atmosphere in of the cafeteria. Most of the time by 5th period it is very hard to eat there, it is usually very dirty and as you progress throughout the day the cafeteria gets worse. If we make the cafeteria into more of a cleaner and change the environment to be a little more restaurant like people would eat there more, and would not be going outside as much. Also increasing the variety of food would also make the food more appealing to more people.
My other issue I would like to discuss is the Bathroom. Bathrooms are not a privilege they are a right for students. Students spend so many hours in schools and the bathrooms are not supplied sufficiently enough. There is usually lacking soap or toilet paper. This is a big issue because this not only affects our concentration and school work. But there are studies showing that this could affect our long term health as well. I would like to make sure the bathrooms are being constantly supplied with the necessities and have more open so then there won?t be as much of a waiting period to get to a stall.
I truly believe I could make a change in our High school that we will all appreciate. Thank you!