Another beautiful Sunday morning, it’s cliché, but memorable like those scenes from cartoons that has birds chirping and a jolly attitude from the protagonist waking up. I woke up like a man for the first time in my life after grabbing my license inside of yesterday’s mail, and catching up on sleep after I realized my diploma from class of 2013 was tucked away under my desk from mid-June. My dad wanted me to do yard work and load up his boat for the fishing trip the week after Independence Day. Sure enough I did not want to go since I eventually got sick of fishing because of me being left to clean up everyone else’s poles, bake in the sun for hours, catch nothing but filthy catfish in the Pohic Bay, and wake up early on the day that I wanted to relax, before applying for a job. My step mom called and said I needed to get out of my room and help him unload because he had severe chest pain, and a left elbow that thumped like a drum, so I then had to come down from my room, help unhitch the trailer of the boat, and bring all the fishing equipment inside the garage before the storm arrived.
As soon as I grabbed the tackle box, I heard a pop, and then my body strikingly fell down like Jenga blocks and made me land on my left foot making another crackle sound like my arm. I shouted “ARGH” and fell on my left side, and then tried limping my way inside from the pouring rain. As soon as I approached the garage with pain running through my legs as if I ki...
... middle of paper ...
...cked oxygen because his kidneys transmitted an allergic reaction from his type II diabetes, so the latex dye from the CT scan made his liver and kidneys swell up into beach balls filled with gallons of water.
I saw him wake up for the first time like that in my life, and it felt like you have found your lost toy or your parents for a long time after returning from daycare. He started to hold my hand. I thought I lost my father. I was only a kid, yet my manly-ego was crushed into silt like particles as if a spider were to bite my arm. All of my anger and sadness from Friday then suddenly washed away like sand and shells scattered on the beach.
Unfortunately, the hospital perscribbed my dad with pills, and To this day, I kept strong. Now that my dad
I also thought of, “Whenever you have a loved one in the ICU, make sure to remain positive, and never remain negative.”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- TOPIC Why we should use seatbelt when driving a car SPECIFIC PERPOSE To persuade my audience to use the seat belt in car. CENTRAL IDEA There are three reasons why we should use seat belt when driving which are preventing death when an accident occurs, cultivate themselves too not violate the law and protecting our passengers. INTRODUCTION I. Seatbelt is a very important component when we all drive a car or other vehicle. The main purpose of seat belts is to provide greater safety to the driver when driving car but at the moment, people do not care about the importance of wearing seatbelt.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
714 words (2 pages)
- Persuasive Speech: Same sex marriages General Purpose: To persuade Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade the audience to agree that same-sex marriages should not be legal Central Idea: The audience will realize the vices and social disorders created by legalization of same sex marriages in order to preserve marital norms INTRODUCTION I. Same sex marriage is a trending topic if not a trendy one. Countries throughout the globe are pressured with the question of homosexuality being an issue of right or morality.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1282 words (3.7 pages)
- No doubt you've probably heard the term 'innocent until proven guilty' once or twice in your life. Although this concept isn't directly stated in the constitution, it is absolutely indispensable to our justice system; but with the rise of communication through technology in recent years, it is not always a right that's guaranteed. Every American in the United States is entitled to a fair trial, but with the ever increasing prevalence of social media in every day life are our trials really fair.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
593 words (1.7 pages)
- Something that I have never shared is that I did Academic Decathlon in High School. Speech was one of topics that I struggled with when I was involved in it for two years. Believe me when I say that my progress from then to now has come a long way. Right after giving my persuasive speech, I had a lot of negative thoughts that were floating in my head. I felt that there has been little process in all of this time that I have spent trying to learn to communicate more effectively. Worst of all perhaps, I felt powerless to do anything to change this.... [tags: Speech, Rhetoric, Oratory, Public speaking]
1092 words (3.1 pages)
- General Purpose: To Persuade Specific Purpose: To persuade my audience that they should advocate the use of alternative power sources other than nuclear energy. Central Idea: Nuclear energy only contributes a small amount to the world’s electricity yet it has hazards and dangers that far out-way its benefits. There are many other alternative power producing sources that can produce energy more efficiently and more safely than nuclear power plants can. Organization: Monroe’s Motivated Sequence I.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1650 words (4.7 pages)
- I. Introduction A. Attention Getter: Has anyone ever stopped to help you when you were in need. How did it make you feel. B. Thesis Statement: Volunteering in your local community will help those around you and help you feel like you have contributed something positive and it is easier than most people think. C. Speaker Credibility Statement: If we all did our part to help those in need, our community would be a better and safer place to live. By doing this, we can achieve a greater sense of accomplishment.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Specific Purpose: To persuade the audience to view oceanic exploration as a valuable undertaking. INTRODUCTION I. Opening Statement: Forget about exploring outer space, we should concentrate on something a lot closer that we only know a small fraction about - Earth’s oceans. II. Central Idea: To show the benefits of Government funded exploration and examination of the oceanic environments across the globe. III. Credibility Statement: I have gathered information from various online sources and periodicals to illustrate the importance of our undersea environment.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that that solar power should become the main form of alternative energy in the Unites States. Introduction: Attention Getter: Let’s look ahead fifty years and see what the world is like. Imagine a world that is in total war with no end in sight. The cause behind this war is simple, oil. Everyone is fighting over those last few reserves of oil. How can this future be prevented. The answer is solar power. Claim: Solar power has the potential to become the United States main supply of energy and replace are needs for more conventional and harmful forms of power generation.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1587 words (4.5 pages)
- General Purpose: Speech to Persuade Specific Purpose: To get my audience to be pro on legalizing marijuana Thesis Statement: Marijuana isn't harmful and should be legalized Organizational Pattern: Cause and Effect To the AIDS or cancer patient, marijuana is the plant that fights nausea and appetite loss. To the nutritionist, its seed is second only to the soybean in nutritional value and is a source of cooking oil and vitamins. To the paper or cloth manufacturer, it is the plant that provided much of our paper and clothing for hundreds of years and produces four times more fiber per acre than trees.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech ]
1717 words (4.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that each individual must take responsibility for his or her own actions. The must not blame guns for problems caused by people. . . Attention Grabber: Gun control isn't about guns, its about control . Body of Speech . I'd like to read a quote by our 3rd president Thomas Jefferson. "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
679 words (1.9 pages)