Why we should use seatbelt when driving a car
To persuade my audience to use the seat belt in car.
There are three reasons why we should use seat belt when driving which are preventing death when an accident occurs, cultivate themselves too not violate the law and protecting our passengers.
I. Seatbelt is a very important component when we all drive a car or other vehicle. The main purpose of seat belts is to provide greater safety to the driver when driving car but at the moment, people do not care about the importance of wearing seatbelt.
II. Based on the analysis done by James Medison University, As many as 17,000 people could be saved every year by wearing a seatbelt. When we are not wearing a seat belt, it will increase medical costs in the event of an accident.
III. In researching this speech, I have found a source that states statistics that have made the show a total of 32 598 people have died in 2002 and almost 60% from them were not wearing the seatbelt.
IV. Today I will explain about why we should use seatbelt when driving car such as preventing death when an accident occurs, cultivate themselves too not violate the law and protecting our passengers.
(Transition: Let’s start by looking at the first point is prevent death when an accident occurs)
I. Using seat belt when driving can help us to prevent death when an accident occurs.
A. Based on available resources, 40000 people die each year in car accidents. This figure is an intimidating figure because it show the occurrence of death in a crash. In this accident, the leading cause of death is people under the age of 35 years old. Safety belts can prevent death in about half of these accident.
B. A seat bel...
... middle of paper ...
...olate the law and protecting our passengers.
III. In a globalized world, the use of seat belts is the best way to provide more protection to driver and passengers other than the use of air bags.
Fig. 6 © HowStuffWorks 2002. How Seatbelts Work [online]. Available at: http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/seatbelt-spring.gif [Accessed 17th November 2012
(2012, 10). Persuasive Speech Outline. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 10, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Persuasive-Speech-Outline-1129108.html
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Look around you America. Your world is changing. Suddenly it’s no longer safe to fly in airplanes, attend sporting events, or just open your junk mail. Almost daily, news of threats and security breach’s litter the airwaves, leaving many asking the same question. “How can we make our country safe again?” Unfortunately, there isn’t a simple answer. America is united in the cause, but divided over the methods of preventing terrorism. At this time of uncertainty, many are urging Americans to “give up” some of their freedoms and privacy in exchange for safety.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Essays]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- No doubt you've probably heard the term 'innocent until proven guilty' once or twice in your life. Although this concept isn't directly stated in the constitution, it is absolutely indispensable to our justice system; but with the rise of communication through technology in recent years, it is not always a right that's guaranteed. Every American in the United States is entitled to a fair trial, but with the ever increasing prevalence of social media in every day life are our trials really fair.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
593 words (1.7 pages)
- Topic: Certification Programs General Purpose: To persuade individuals to enroll in a certification program of their choice. Thesis: This speech will cover the many educational alternatives of certification programs in higher education, as well as their advantages. This will include a detailed description of certification courses in Computer, Nursing, and Trucking. Introduction Are you one of millions of people who would like to earn great money in a respectable field of profession, but refuse to sit through 4 full years of a Bachelor’s program.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that that solar power should become the main form of alternative energy in the Unites States. Introduction: Attention Getter: Let’s look ahead fifty years and see what the world is like. Imagine a world that is in total war with no end in sight. The cause behind this war is simple, oil. Everyone is fighting over those last few reserves of oil. How can this future be prevented. The answer is solar power. Claim: Solar power has the potential to become the United States main supply of energy and replace are needs for more conventional and harmful forms of power generation.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1587 words (4.5 pages)
- ... What organ donation is and how it works Most of you probably do not know much about organ donation. Organ donation is the act of giving your organs to an ill patient after your passing. Organs that you can donate are your kidneys, heart, liver, pancreas, intestines, lungs, skin, bones, bone marrow, and your cornea. Organ Donation doesn’t often happen, but if the patient accept a organ transplant, he or she is put on a list by the United Network for Organ Sharing, or UNOS. The way hospitals decide if you’re a good candidate for an organ transplant is yours and the recipients blood type and tissue type has to match.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
603 words (1.7 pages)
- Persuasive Speech: Same sex marriages General Purpose: To persuade Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade the audience to agree that same-sex marriages should not be legal Central Idea: The audience will realize the vices and social disorders created by legalization of same sex marriages in order to preserve marital norms INTRODUCTION I. Same sex marriage is a trending topic if not a trendy one. Countries throughout the globe are pressured with the question of homosexuality being an issue of right or morality.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1282 words (3.7 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience to donate blood Introduction: I. Imagine your father has just suffered a heart attack and must undergo open-heart surgery in order to repair the damage. II. Imagine your little nephew or niece baby was born with a heart defect and required daily transfusions of blood in order to have a chance at survival. III. Imagine your best friend has just been diagnosed with leukemia, a disease requiring regular transfusions of platelets. IV. Not very nice images are they, but these things happen and unfortunately some of you may even have experienced them already.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Henry Ford has released his invention to the public. It is a horseless carriage that he calls the automobile. He has told us that this contraption will eventually be made available to the entire world. This is going to have a radical change on our society, as we know it. Each and every person out there should have an automobile. Every person’s daily chore time would be cut in half. Daily trips to town would be made in only a few short hours. Supplies from the cities would come twice as fast to the smaller towns.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
1223 words (3.5 pages)
- General Purpose: Speech to Persuade Specific Purpose: To get my audience to be pro on legalizing marijuana Thesis Statement: Marijuana isn't harmful and should be legalized Organizational Pattern: Cause and Effect To the AIDS or cancer patient, marijuana is the plant that fights nausea and appetite loss. To the nutritionist, its seed is second only to the soybean in nutritional value and is a source of cooking oil and vitamins. To the paper or cloth manufacturer, it is the plant that provided much of our paper and clothing for hundreds of years and produces four times more fiber per acre than trees.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech ]
1717 words (4.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that each individual must take responsibility for his or her own actions. The must not blame guns for problems caused by people. . . Attention Grabber: Gun control isn't about guns, its about control . Body of Speech . I'd like to read a quote by our 3rd president Thomas Jefferson. "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
679 words (1.9 pages)