In class we had to persuasive speech and we have to present it in front of the class. The persuasive part will help me to influence the people around me, and to become a better public speaker. With the persuasive speech, we had to do an outline, with that outline, it helped to keep my topics organized and to make sure that I will cite my sources out loud. And since we had to get up in front of the class, my public speaking has improved a lot. I will use public speaking outside this class because other classes I will probably use this in future career.
For the interpersonal communication, we did a role play with conflict. We had to use empathy and ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Technology in this generation has trickled down to effect even the children of this generation. The reason that this is such a concern is because this obsession children are having with technology is not good for the necessary social growths that is required to be instilled at a young age. To further this point on how it can be viewed as harmful, a visual representation, in the form of a poster will be created to further this point. A poster of a multitude of toddlers doing various activities but instead of what is expected of them (i.e.... [tags: kids should run around and play]
668 words (1.9 pages)
- Before start the discussion of how IT behave in small business, let us look at the definition of IT. IT ,short for "information technology", is a term that includes all forms of technology used to create, store, exchange, and use information in its various forms such as business data, voice conversations, still images, motion pictures, multimedia presentations, and other forms, including those not yet conceived. It's a convenient term for including both telephony and computer technology in the same word (Applegate).... [tags: IT for Small Business]
2725 words (7.8 pages)
- Slide 1: This is my presentation on lead in cell phones. Slide 2: Smart phones have dramatically changed the way we communicate. I know for certain that after seeing my friends during the day that when I get home I can immediately text them or snap chatting or any of the ways we communicate. I can’t imagine living in a world without being able to communicate with my friends across the room or across the globe at the click of a button. Sitting in my room I can check the news, play a game and talk to my friend in America all at the same time.... [tags: Power Point Presentation]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- Task 1 – Role Play and Presentation a) Identifying how I communicate in a variety of styles and appropriate manner at various levels Today we live in a world that is changing rapidly in an ambiguous way. There is a need to constantly be on a learning process. This becomes even more critical to me as I aspire to one day head a large dynamic corporation. Communication is key in the process of actualizing organizational goals. In this regard, I have noted a variety of styles in my communication habits.... [tags: Learning, Skill, Leadership, Communication]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- What is UML (slide 1) Unified Modeling Language is a language for the designing an object oriented system. UML was meant to be a unifying language enabling IT professionals to model computer applications. UML notation set is a language and not a methodology. This is important, because a language, as opposed to a methodology, can easily fit into any company's way of conducting business without requiring change. It is means for Technical architects to communicate with developers. UML provides several types of diagrams that increase the ease of understanding an application under development.... [tags: Power Point Presentation]
670 words (1.9 pages)
- The purpose of a persuasive text is to change or alter the viewpoint of the reader for it to agree with the author’s perspective. The intention of this specific text is to persuade the reader to help end poverty today by joining ‘Make Poverty History’ and it uses persuasive language and techniques to do this – this essay will explain the effect on the reader and will focus on analysing persuasive language. Pronouns are an effective persuasive language technique because they address the reader directly.... [tags: persuasive text]
835 words (2.4 pages)
- Slide 1- what is child poverty: When you hear the term child poverty what comes to mind. ( first ask the audiences opinion, then state my own opinion) Child poverty denies children with the basic needs to survive, expand and flourish, it also deprives children from having equal opportunities such as attending school, having a roof over their head or having a warm meal to eat. Children that unfortunately face poverty have a higher chance of being abused, discriminated or exploited due to their poor living circumstances.... [tags: Power Point Presentation]
1473 words (4.2 pages)
- This presentation will explain the basic concept of linking verbs. Linking verbs are verbs that do not perform any action. For example is, was, were, are all part of linking verbs. COPULAR VERBS OR LINKING VERBS Add copula verb is also called a linking verb. It is a word that connects the subject to the complement. It has the function of describing the subject. It is a verb denoting a sensation or existence. Verbs can be classified as primary verbs, auxiliaries and full verbs. Full verbs can be classified as transitive, intransitive and copular.... [tags: Power Point Presentation]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- On Wednesday, November 16, 2011, Katherine Stang, Aresh Kabirnavaei, and Andrew Roller, all students in the Master’s of Forensic Science program gave thesis presentations to the Forensic Seminar Class. The following paragraphs will summarize each topic. Katherine Stang presented her thesis titled, Issues in Forensic Identification and the Use of Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNPs). Short Tandem Repeat (STR) technology is a forensic analysis that looks at specific regions or loci found on nuclear DNA.... [tags: Research Presentation]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- Priestly's Presentation of The Conflict Between The Classes In This Play I am writing an essay based on the title question" In what ways does Priestly present the conflict between the classes in this play "I am studying the text: "An Inspector calls" written by JB Priestly. I have organized my ideas in a detailed response. By first making a point then focusing on a quote from either of these pages: 2 and 46 and concluding with some analysis relating back to the essay question.... [tags: Papers]
935 words (2.7 pages)