What motivated me to write about this event was that I wanted to let my audience know that you can overcome anything. I also wanted to entertain my audience as well as allowing them to visualize my story.
My intended audience is athletes and people who need to be motivated about not letting anything or any obstacles stop them from being great.
Nerves are raging. I can feel it from my stomach to my chest like butterflies non stop, and all I hear is “Thomas get in” As soon as I hear these words my stomach start to bubble, but I know this is my time, because two days before the game I was thinking to myself [“When will I get my time to shine”] and now that I have the opportunity I’m willing to make the coaches proud. As I step on the field I look around it 's over 5 thousand people in the stand cheering, waiting for that big play.The coach gives me the 9 blitz play to accomplish mike 22 strong side smash. The quarterback drops back. I go full speed. “Oh Yeah!” I say [“ I got this little bitch”]. I hit him ass hard as could pads clash like to cars bumping each other I got the sack,...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- PURPOSE: To persuade my audience that we must take action now to control air pollution The topic I have chosen for today is something we all take for granted-the air. Most of us hardly ever think about it. It's just something we take for granted. But the air we breathe carries pollutants that can be bad for our health. People with sensitivities, like those who have asthma, or the elderly, and also athletes are especially vulnerable to unhealthy levels of air pollution.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
668 words (1.9 pages)
- My issue over the concern of athletes have been struggling with the usage of steroids has widely spread among athletes and others; not only do steroids give an athlete a hard times but it’s also an unfair advantage to the other athletes and what they’ve accomplish. “Besides making muscles bigger, anabolic steroids may help athletes recover from a hard workout more quickly by reducing the amount of muscle damage during the session” (“Steroids in Sports”,2005). Now a days steroids are everywhere as an athlete.... [tags: Performance-enhancing Drugs]
1241 words (3.5 pages)
- All companies are trying to do the same thing: make money. One of the main ways they do that is actually by spending billions of dollars on advertisement. Though it may seem like a large sum to pay, it is the most effective method to sell their product. Two of many companies that do this are Gatorade and Powerade, sports drink products. Gatorade’s ad, “Sweat It to Get It: Running Man”, was uploaded to YouTube on August 18th and is aimed at high school or college students with the purpose of getting them to buy their product with a sub-purpose of getting people to work out more.... [tags: Regulatory Focus Theory, Persuasion]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- Every Basketball player dreams of playing college Basketball. Your dream is to play in front of huge crowds, and fans screaming your name from the stands as you make a fascinating play in a game. But getting to this level takes more than just dreaming. You have to be dedicated, hard-working, and willing to make sacrifices to get to this level. While everyone is out there having a good time partying, you have to be disciplined enough to not fall for that trap and go in the gym and work on your craft.... [tags: Basketball, High school, James Naismith]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- There’s 6 seconds left on the clock, we’re up 70-39. Whether we said it or not we all came into this game thinking we were going to lose, or at least I did. I take a moment to look around me and at this 6 seconds I notice I’m playing with four girls who over the years I have grown to “hate”, but walking out of this gym tonight I will be leaving with different thoughts. The clock is winding, and so are the few seconds of my last basketball game on my home court or my last game at all for the matter.... [tags: Game, Play, Games, Toy]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- TOPIC Why we should use seatbelt when driving a car SPECIFIC PERPOSE To persuade my audience to use the seat belt in car. CENTRAL IDEA There are three reasons why we should use seat belt when driving which are preventing death when an accident occurs, cultivate themselves too not violate the law and protecting our passengers. INTRODUCTION I. Seatbelt is a very important component when we all drive a car or other vehicle. The main purpose of seat belts is to provide greater safety to the driver when driving car but at the moment, people do not care about the importance of wearing seatbelt.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
714 words (2 pages)
- Persuasive Speech: Same sex marriages General Purpose: To persuade Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade the audience to agree that same-sex marriages should not be legal Central Idea: The audience will realize the vices and social disorders created by legalization of same sex marriages in order to preserve marital norms INTRODUCTION I. Same sex marriage is a trending topic if not a trendy one. Countries throughout the globe are pressured with the question of homosexuality being an issue of right or morality.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1282 words (3.7 pages)
- I. Introduction A. Attention Getter: Has anyone ever stopped to help you when you were in need. How did it make you feel. B. Thesis Statement: Volunteering in your local community will help those around you and help you feel like you have contributed something positive and it is easier than most people think. C. Speaker Credibility Statement: If we all did our part to help those in need, our community would be a better and safer place to live. By doing this, we can achieve a greater sense of accomplishment.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- General Purpose: Speech to Persuade Specific Purpose: To get my audience to be pro on legalizing marijuana Thesis Statement: Marijuana isn't harmful and should be legalized Organizational Pattern: Cause and Effect To the AIDS or cancer patient, marijuana is the plant that fights nausea and appetite loss. To the nutritionist, its seed is second only to the soybean in nutritional value and is a source of cooking oil and vitamins. To the paper or cloth manufacturer, it is the plant that provided much of our paper and clothing for hundreds of years and produces four times more fiber per acre than trees.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech ]
1717 words (4.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that each individual must take responsibility for his or her own actions. The must not blame guns for problems caused by people. . . Attention Grabber: Gun control isn't about guns, its about control . Body of Speech . I'd like to read a quote by our 3rd president Thomas Jefferson. "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
679 words (1.9 pages)