First and foremost you must be a good basketball player. You should be one of the two best players on your High School Varsity Basketball team. And getting to that level is going to take a lot of work. You have to be committed. You should work on your craft before and after every practice. If you’re a guard, you should be working on ball-handling, pull-up jumpers, set three pointers, shooting off the dribble, and finishing at the basket. If you’re a Power Forward/Center your focus should be post moves, mid-range jumpers, hook shots. If you’re a Small Forward, you will have to balance what a guard should be working on and what a Power Forward/Center should be working on. Also, you will have to perform at a high level in the basketball game. If you’re a guard and your plan is to play college basketball. You should try to ...
... middle of paper ...
...he blueprint is out for you on how to receive a scholarship for college basketball. All you have to do now is follow these tools that I gave you to receive one. You must be talented in enough to receive a scholarship, you should be one of the two best players on your high school basketball team. Also, watch what you post on social media. College coaches monitor/follow their recruits on social media. And last but not least, is to make good grades. College coaches want athletes who take care of their business on/off the court. The key point that im trying to get to you is that if you take care of your business in high school academically, work-hard on your craft in the gym, perform well in games, don’t post foolishness on social media, and most importantly, keep god first you shouldn’t have a problem getting recruited college coaches should be knocking on your door.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Persuasive Speech: Same sex marriages General Purpose: To persuade Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade the audience to agree that same-sex marriages should not be legal Central Idea: The audience will realize the vices and social disorders created by legalization of same sex marriages in order to preserve marital norms INTRODUCTION I. Same sex marriage is a trending topic if not a trendy one. Countries throughout the globe are pressured with the question of homosexuality being an issue of right or morality.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1282 words (3.7 pages)
- TOPIC Why we should use seatbelt when driving a car SPECIFIC PERPOSE To persuade my audience to use the seat belt in car. CENTRAL IDEA There are three reasons why we should use seat belt when driving which are preventing death when an accident occurs, cultivate themselves too not violate the law and protecting our passengers. INTRODUCTION I. Seatbelt is a very important component when we all drive a car or other vehicle. The main purpose of seat belts is to provide greater safety to the driver when driving car but at the moment, people do not care about the importance of wearing seatbelt.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
714 words (2 pages)
- Considering the many temptations majority of teenagers eighteen and under face during the summer, I could see why parents would want their children involved in something to keep them away from those things. The Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) gives minors a place to have fun with their friends and compete with their friends. Instead of arguing at parks and rec centers with peers which could lead to fights or worse, AAU is an outlet that gives minors supervision to be able to have fun. AAU also gives young men and women an opportunity to travel and be exposed by college recruiters.... [tags: High school, Secondary school, Public high school]
1187 words (3.4 pages)
- Something that I have never shared is that I did Academic Decathlon in High School. Speech was one of topics that I struggled with when I was involved in it for two years. Believe me when I say that my progress from then to now has come a long way. Right after giving my persuasive speech, I had a lot of negative thoughts that were floating in my head. I felt that there has been little process in all of this time that I have spent trying to learn to communicate more effectively. Worst of all perhaps, I felt powerless to do anything to change this.... [tags: Speech, Rhetoric, Oratory, Public speaking]
1092 words (3.1 pages)
- I. Introduction A. Attention Getter: Has anyone ever stopped to help you when you were in need. How did it make you feel. B. Thesis Statement: Volunteering in your local community will help those around you and help you feel like you have contributed something positive and it is easier than most people think. C. Speaker Credibility Statement: If we all did our part to help those in need, our community would be a better and safer place to live. By doing this, we can achieve a greater sense of accomplishment.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Specific Purpose: To persuade the audience to view oceanic exploration as a valuable undertaking. INTRODUCTION I. Opening Statement: Forget about exploring outer space, we should concentrate on something a lot closer that we only know a small fraction about - Earth’s oceans. II. Central Idea: To show the benefits of Government funded exploration and examination of the oceanic environments across the globe. III. Credibility Statement: I have gathered information from various online sources and periodicals to illustrate the importance of our undersea environment.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that that solar power should become the main form of alternative energy in the Unites States. Introduction: Attention Getter: Let’s look ahead fifty years and see what the world is like. Imagine a world that is in total war with no end in sight. The cause behind this war is simple, oil. Everyone is fighting over those last few reserves of oil. How can this future be prevented. The answer is solar power. Claim: Solar power has the potential to become the United States main supply of energy and replace are needs for more conventional and harmful forms of power generation.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1587 words (4.5 pages)
- General Purpose: Speech to Persuade Specific Purpose: To get my audience to be pro on legalizing marijuana Thesis Statement: Marijuana isn't harmful and should be legalized Organizational Pattern: Cause and Effect To the AIDS or cancer patient, marijuana is the plant that fights nausea and appetite loss. To the nutritionist, its seed is second only to the soybean in nutritional value and is a source of cooking oil and vitamins. To the paper or cloth manufacturer, it is the plant that provided much of our paper and clothing for hundreds of years and produces four times more fiber per acre than trees.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech ]
1717 words (4.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that each individual must take responsibility for his or her own actions. The must not blame guns for problems caused by people. . . Attention Grabber: Gun control isn't about guns, its about control . Body of Speech . I'd like to read a quote by our 3rd president Thomas Jefferson. "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
679 words (1.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience to stop the witch-hunts Character: Concerned citizen of Salem just before the hanging of Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor Concerned citizens of Salem, if it were a good mornin' I would bid you that, however it is not. This mornin' a grave injustice is looming like the grey clouds before a storm. This morning we will bear witness to yet another brutal and senseless murder of two innocent Christians, Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor. Ladies and gentlemen, for four long months the very court that proposed to protect us from all evil has deceived us and in fact perpetuated the evil doings running rife throughout our fair town.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
1069 words (3.1 pages)