My learning is dynamic, it fits who I 'm extremely well. I have been applying this to finding a new job, breaking down the descriptions of them and analyzing what learning patterns will be needed for the job. My learning patterns are Sequence 27 Precision 27 Technical Reasoning 14 and Confluence 20. Sequence is one of my use first patterns. Every project that I start with work or school, I 'm reading the instructions to make sure that I will have a correct assignment. Also there is structure, something I thrive on. Precision is my other use first learning pattern I do enjoy gathering as much data on a subject as I can so I have a better view and argument in case there are any questions about the topic that was given to me. However I always have problems with my time management. Something that I 'm still having issues with. Technical Reasoning is my avoid learning pattern, and for good reason. I 'm able to put a nail in w...
... middle of paper ...
...s, when I first started this class I didn 't think it was going to be learning more about myself as a learner. I was expecting to just be jumping into the classes that I had to take for my degree. I have enjoyed this class more as the weeks have gone by, it 's a great way to judge what will be expected of me from my next classes. There is nothing that I would change about the class it 's all broken down into a great format. Being able to reflect on the past five weeks during this paper have been a challenge making sure that I have gone over all the requirements, and not having a example of a paper has been the hardest part. Having my peers look at and respond to what our discussions are about has been a interesting step for me, it 's a good tool so that you can see how someone else will react to what your take on it was. All in all this has been a interesting course.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Persuasive Essay Video games. They provide an escape from reality to explore worlds and realms beyond our own. However there is a lot of controversy surrounding wether or not video games are good for you, many people are under the impression that video games turn kids and adults alike into mindless zombies hellbent on violence but in this essay I aim to convince you that not only is this untrue but that video games are actually beneficial. I’d also like to mention that too much of anything is bad for your health,for example extremely high quantities of broccoli can be toxic.... [tags: Video game, Video game genres, Video game console]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Violence or aggression refers “to any behaviour that demonstrates a malicious intent to harm one another”. Numerous people are being killed and murdered because of the continuous violence happening all over the world, particularly in the United States. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), violence, in general, is among the leading causes of death, and that each year; over 1.6 million people worldwide lose their lives due to it. WHO states that about 8.2% of the world’s population are being murdered because of violence in the United States.... [tags: violence, video games, argumentative, persuasive]
1181 words (3.4 pages)
- The new neighbors just bought their house three days ago. It would be such a heartwarming gift if I made them some goodies to welcome them into the neighborhood. I have to take my daughter to practice and I have no time to run over to deliver them. My nine year old son is playing video games, maybe I should make him walk down two houses to deliver them. As the cookies were just getting out of the oven, I called “Jacob, do you want to do mommy a huge favor?” With a crooked smile on his face, he walked out to the kitchen as said, “Sure”.... [tags: Rhetoric, Persuasion, Regulatory Focus Theory]
1190 words (3.4 pages)
- When I was younger, I was always told video games were a “waste of my time,” a “distraction from responsibilities,” or even a “useless fad”. However as I’ve gone through my life as a high school student and now an undergraduate student at San Jose State University, I’ve noticed one thing- video games are here to stay. That being said, I’ve realized that some of the games the community has been playing have not only been directly connected to one’s critical thinking skills, but also have made the player use his/her mind to try new creative ways to achieve their in-game goals.... [tags: Education, High school, Middle school, School]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- Introduction Video games are arguably the biggest form of entertainment in the world today. Wherever you go you can see children playing video games on hand held devices, on game systems, or even on their phones. This rise in modern entertainment has led to a huge debate on if the effects that these video games have on children’s minds are good for them or whether it is leading them to be increasingly violent and problematic. The data has been inconclusive and the effects are still debated, one man however may be the link to show that video games are in-fact good for children to play and enjoy.... [tags: Video game, Game, Game designer, Play]
1600 words (4.6 pages)
- In today’s world of video games, there are wonderful pictures, surround sound effects, and realistic graphics which encourage players to keep playing. It means when they play an action game or war game, it will have shooting shots, bloody splashes, decapitated scenes, or fighting movements. Unfortunately some people call these games causes negative effects in players. They say that violent video games cause players to become killers or terrorists. A research study on video game violence concluded, “There is no evidence to show proof of the relationship between computer game violence and violence in children above the age of 8.” (Stuart, 2014) Moreover, millions of people play violent video... [tags: Argumentative Video Gaming Persuasive]
991 words (2.8 pages)
- Video Game Violence Has a Negative Effect on Today's Youth One of the main causes that make individuals more violent in real life is playing video games. Most violent video games show violence as a positive thing not a negative one. When aggression occurs in a video game, the player is not punished but awarded. This shows them that violence is okay and that if they try that situation in real life, they will also be rewarded. “In a study of video games, in 98 percent of them aggression went unpunished” ( Studies have shown that children that play teen- mature rated games for least 40 minutes a day may witness over 180 incidents of aggression per day or 5400 incidents per month.... [tags: Persuasive, Argument, Video Games, Grand Theft Aut]
485 words (1.4 pages)
- Contents Serious games 2 Common game attributes 4 Serious games and Learning: 6 Who uses serious games? 7 Games in higher education: 7 Games in schools: 8 Meeting the needs of today’s learner 9 Let the games begin 10 Conclusion: 11 Description of a learning artifact: 12 Construct a model: 13 Discussion of learning artifact: 15 References 17 Serious games Serious games refers to video and computer games which are designed mainly for the purpose not for purely entertainment base but have a purpose more towards serious side.... [tags: Developing Serious Games]
3006 words (8.6 pages)
- The Educational Benefits of Video Games The repetition of the statement claiming that video games do not help children in their educational enterprises is unfair. There have been numerous studies conducted providing evidence that children gain structural knowledge while engaging in video game play (Pillay 2002). Certainly, different styles of video games may produce different results. It is important for us to understand the different benefits from the various styles of games. Because students play a wide variety of games, they may have a repertoire of schemas with different information (Pillay 2002).... [tags: Persuasive Teaching Education]
1292 words (3.7 pages)
- Violence in Video Games My friend Aaron rocked me with an unsuspecting blow to the stomach. “Oww, what was that for?!?” I asked him in shock. “You stole my kill,” he responded. We were playing the very violent, very bloody, very popular shoot ‘em up video game, Halo for the XBOX. Aaron was always a nice, well-mannered, and generally friendly person, until we met in the video game arena. It was almost as if he was a completely changed person once the game was popped into the XBOX disk drive. Psychological Science journal has concluded “that violent video games increase aggressive behavior in children and young adults.” The review goes on to say “Analyses also reveal that exposure to viole... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Violent Essays]
1129 words (3.2 pages)