In our U-Haul truck sat my stepdad, Rob, and I with all our household items in the back. In the SUV sat my mother, nine year old brother, my baby sister, and my two dogs. I just knew from the beginning that this trip was going to be crazy due to the fact of having a screaming baby, two barking dogs, and a little boy that has to pee every fifth teen minutes. That’s why a chose to sit in the U-Haul with Rob then have to deal with my family squished into one car ready to kill each other.
While thinking about the family trying to destroy each other in the other vehicle I found a strange hatred for my parents. They had taken me away from my frie...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Taylor, I was hoping that I would run into you at some point because I believe I would be able to do a better job of this in person. However, I feel like going a long time without saying anything makes it worse, and I think I owe you an explanation for my odd behaviour. First though, there 's another reason why I 'm sending this now. My cat, Napoliene, went missing almost a week ago, and I live in the country, so I 'm scared that she 's gone and I 'm never going to see her again. My last cat went missing 3 years ago and never came back so I 'm honestly kind of freaking out and a bit depressed right now.... [tags: Debut albums, 2005 singles, 2006 albums]
1456 words (4.2 pages)
- talk to Gerald the next morning and asked if everything was okay between him and Uncle Darnell. He said, “Yes. I like your Uncle.” I said, “That is good.” Years later, I heard the news about a big drug raid in the suburbs and when they showed the house, I knew it was Gerald’s brother’s house. I called Gerald to see if he was watching the news. He said no. And I can’t talk right now baby. He said I would come by later, but he never showed up. Days later, he came by my job to take me out to lunch.... [tags: English-language films, American films]
1402 words (4 pages)
- Bella flipped through Edward’s iPod looking for some suitable music to play for their trip. “We need some road trip music Edward!” She spent quite a bit of time making sure they were very prepared. Their small bags were in the back along with a light lunch that she made. She peered at Shadow in the back seat, hoping he wouldn’t try anything. Making the lunch took longer than necessary due to Edward’s inability to keep his hand to himself. Not that she minded. His hands were more than welcome. “I love this song!” Bella turned up the volume and the jazzy melodic tunes filled the car.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2005 singles, 2008 singles]
1903 words (5.4 pages)
- Jerry 's sitting at his cluttered desk, trying to ignore all the commotion in the squad room. There had been a hit and run on the square and apparently half the town witnessed to the wreck. Fed up with the noise, he decides to take his laptop into the office when he sees Rachel shuffling around the mass of people. "Did you find out anything?" He yells over the loud chattering. "No, the owners claim they haven 't loaned their car to anyone. I inspected the cars, for tampering, but you can tell neither has been moved in quite some time." "Well, it was worth a shot.... [tags: 2008 singles, 2005 singles, 2009 singles]
2340 words (6.7 pages)
- Sixteen is probably a rebellious age for most people and I was no exception. I craved freedom and snuck out of the house every chance I got. Party animal is probably the correct term to use here. Eating out and partying the night away was the theme of that age, and having my mother nagging around me was always a nightmare. Whenever I got time to doze off, I imagined myself turning eighteen so that I could move out of the house for good. I would rent my own apartment and be around my friends. A smile would always appear on my face whenever I even think about never having my mother nag around me again, and that I can do whatever as I wish.... [tags: Mother, Family, Father, Coming out]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- “Hey, you awake?” I am, but I’m not. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it like that.” What did you mean then. “I’ve been having a hard time and I just wanted you to care.” I do care. “Guess your asleep. Good night, I love you and I’m sorry.” I’m sorry you can’t spell “you’re” correctly, but that’s okay I know what you meant. It’s another Saturday morning to do the same routine. Cling. “Good Morning. :)” Another text from Thomas. “Good morning Thomas” Sent. “How are you, beautful?” Man, he can’t spell. “I just woke up, about to get ready for work.... [tags: 2007 singles, Debut albums, 2009 singles]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- we have to make sure that we are able to get around you and as close to you as possible when delivering your baby. Oh, I aside still feeling nervous. Dr. Carr entered the room with both his hands in the air just like I have seen on the movies. Which informed me he just washed his hands. The nurse that I was just speaking too stopped what she was doing and put some latex gloves on him that went up to the middle of his arms. The two other nurses who were previously in the room started and IV and it began pushing cold fluids in my veins.... [tags: 2006 singles, 2007 singles]
1120 words (3.2 pages)
- be distracting to the students trying to read to themselves. Once the students had finished reading, Ms. Knox unceremoniously handed each child a set of letter magnets and a small baking sheet. She told the students to use the magnets to spell out that weeks spelling words but became easily frustrated when the students asked questions. She has sloppy transitions that left the kids shuffled and confused. There was a great deal of fragmentation inside Ms. Knox’s classroom. It seemed like Ms. Knox wanted to be a Social Reconstructionist or Progressivist but didn’t have the full set of skills necessary.... [tags: Education, Teacher, High school, Classroom]
1619 words (4.6 pages)
- Wee woo, wee woo, bang, bang, swoosh. For an average citizen living in Gary, Indiana these were the sounds of the night. I was eleven years old and one of these citizens. I was used to police flying past my house, people trying to rob you on every corner, and my neighbors thinking that they owned “the hood”. This was life and I didn’t realize how bad I actually had it until my mom decided enough was enough and we moved to a quiet town in Florida. In our U-Haul truck sat my stepdad, Rob, and I with all our household items in the back.... [tags: Family, Sibling]
717 words (2 pages)
- Persuasive Paper on Paintball- Original Writing You were just running, the leaves crush under your feet and are not sure if anyone is following you, but a gut felling keeps you going. Then you come to a quick halt. There you stand unprotected and vulnerable to any one, as the trees close in around you. Then a twig snaps you avert your eyes to the origin of the sound. As you frantically look about; you hear leaves shuffle around, knowing someone is stalking you. You begin to panic, your heart beating faster and faster and your breathing increases.... [tags: Sports Paintball Papers]
907 words (2.6 pages)