Environmental and genetic influences are to blame for shifting and molding the personality traits of individuals. An individual’s personality is an association of different occurrences, notably one that is particularly significant, arouses curiosity, cause excitement and happens out of the ordinary or factors such as traits and patterns that have an effect on how one behave, their thought process, enthusiasm, and heightened feelings. Personality can force individuals to form thoughts, experience feelings, and conduct themselves in particular, in reality; it is what identifies everyone that makes them different from others in a way that makes them distinct. As time passes and individuals grow older, these particular patterns can have an impact and interfere with their expectations, views, standards, and their opinion on a particular matter. In this paper, it will explore the results of the Big Five personality test, proposed solutions for working with various personalities and show a comparison of the Big Five personality assessment results and the 16 personality factors.
Summary of Results
The Big Five assessments characterize the nature of the human mind. In this particular assessment, it is the fundamental principles of five separate models which are made up of openness, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness and neuroticism. The openness to experience model apply to people that take on and like created, and invented experiences rather than conventional ideas and also are well-informed of their feelings and emotions. The conscientiousness model refers to paying attention to details, being alert, organize and long for ensuring that things are done with the greatest effort that they are c...
... middle of paper ...
...aring the feeling of others. Nevertheless, I believe that these results are related to genetics because both my brother and I shared the genetics of being shy. The traits of caring for people are traits that my mother, brother, and I have inherited because we believe in helping and caring for others and we may need someone help someday.
Obviously, it is standard for the use of collaboration to exist in the class and workforce. The big five assessment plays a significant role in describing personalities which allow the individual to be familiar with themselves and look for opportunities. Identifying the personality type help out in building relationships which allows someone to supervise and manage their behavior in the presence others. Knowing the personality types of others is useful information that allows a person to work and interact with each other.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction The Big Five traits of personality are broad dimensions of individual’s personality in psychological field. These traits are openness, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness, and neuroticism (Cobb-Clark & Schurer, 2012). Accuracy of Results I strongly believe that my results of Big Five Personality test are accurate. Pertaining to the five personality traits, the test showed that I posses 53% extrovert personality, 62% conscientiousness, 48% neuroticism, 34% agreeableness, and 15% openness.... [tags: Big Five personality traits]
700 words (2 pages)
- There are many ways to measure personality, but psychologists have mostly given up on trying to divide humanity neatly into types. Instead, they focus on personality traits. The most widely accepted of these traits are the Big Five. The Big Five are the ingredients that make up each individual 's personality. Openness is shorthand for "openness to experience." People who are high in openness enjoy adventure. They 're curious and appreciate art, imagination and new things. The motto of the open individual might be "Variety is the spice of life." Conscientiousness, people who are conscientious is organized and has a strong sense of duty.... [tags: Big Five personality traits, Trait theory]
999 words (2.9 pages)
- Introduction Employee personalities are an essential component to the success or failure of a company. Given that, a person’s ability to function in a work environment relates to that person’s personality traits. Each person’s personality traits can be broken down into The Big five personality traits are categories. Thus, The big five traits are neuroticism, extraversion, openness to experience, agreeableness and conscientiousness. In addition to understanding the big five factors in a general sense, It is helpful to understand them in a personal sense; due to this I will describe my big five results.... [tags: Big Five personality traits]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- Specific Risk Taking and Five Factor Model Personality Traits Risk taking has been a topic of great importance because it plays a role in determining how people view themselves and their lives. Researchers have concentrated on how different types of risk taking such as health risk or recreational risk can be strongly correlated with specific behavior such as the Five Factor Model personality traits. The concept of risk taking tendency has significant connections for the theoretical modeling of risk behavior, which will provide efficient insight behind individuals reasoning for risky behaviors (Nicholson, Soane, Fenton- O’Creevy, & Willman, 2005).... [tags: Big Five personality traits, Trait theory]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- There are many different personality strengths and traits that each individual possesses. Some are stronger than others. There have been many different ways that psychologists today attempt to define ones personality traits to reveal an individuals strengths and to explain why individuals behave the way they do. A series of different tests have been used to identify personality traits that have difficulties making a career choice and to also reveal ideal career choices for each individual. These tests are here to help in revealing a career path but findings show that they mainly act as a tools in self-discovery and growth which lead to narrowing a career path.... [tags: Big Five personality traits]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- In the early 1980s the psychologists Goldberg and Digman started to work on their study of personality traits. It was a collection of 1710 personality characteristics arranged by Norman many years ago (Norman, 1967 as quoted in Woods and West, 2014). The conclusion of their study was the recognition and summary of five extensive elements of personality. Today, they are more commonly known under the title the Big Five or Five Factor Model (Woods and West, 2014). In accordance with this model, the most appropriate portrayal of personality characteristics is to divide them into five extensive bipolar aspects (Woods and West, 2014).... [tags: Big Five personality traits]
1489 words (4.3 pages)
- Personality psychologists that were fascinated in what distinguishes one individual from another created the Big Five Personality test to conclude why we act the way we do as john stated (John). The Big Five Personality traits can be summarized into five separate groups starting with neurotic, extroversion, agreeableness, conscientiousness and Openness/experience. John states that in the systematic group The Big Five is now the most precise and most benefited model (John). After taking the Personality tests myself the results seemed pretty accurate to what I was expecting but in some of the categorize I was a little bit shocked as well.... [tags: Big Five personality traits]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- Personality is the intricate interaction of biology and culture, and humanity would be bizarre and immensely devalued without an assortment of them. Some aspects of personality change from childhood through adolescence, but very little over time. Adult personality traits are more consistent than childhood character traits. Researchers have identified five robust dimensions or traits, which show significant stability over time. These five traits include openness to experience, conscientiousness, extroversion, agreeableness, and neuroticism.... [tags: Big Five personality traits, Trait theory]
703 words (2 pages)
- Personality traits are the habitual patterns of behavior, though and emotion that are different and always exclusive to a specific individual, in very rare occasion do we find two people share similar traits even when they are a brother and sister or twin siblings. However there are those traits that are common among people at in such instances the differences between one personality and the other is the degree to which the trait affects them like in the case of aggression and even concentration.... [tags: Big Five personality traits, Trait theory]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- Daft study (as cited in, Spalding University, 2007), “Personality is a set of characters and processes that establishes a relatively stable combination of behaviors in reaction to ideas, objects, or people in the environment.” Personality is what makes us unique for it influences individual patterns of thought. It also affects our reaction to different life experiences and situations that may arise. The way, in which we relate to others, receive and appreciate things, says a lot about who we are as an individual, depicting various forms of personality traits.... [tags: Big Five personality traits, Trait theory]
713 words (2 pages)