Personality traits are the cause of key strengths. High openness to experience is the foundation of creativity, and high conscientiousness underlies deliberation. I have equally high scores in both of these traits. People with high scores in openness to experience are described as adventurous, daring, imaginative, and variety loving. An imaginative individual can improve productivity through unique and innovative methods. People with high scores in conscientiousness are described as well organized, scrupulous, responsible, and reliable. Conscientiousness has been shown to predict esteemed office behaviors, such as organizational citizenship and leadership.
Allegedly, I am somewhat agreeable, as this is what the personality test has concluded. People with high scores are described as good-natured, considerate, cooperative, and kind, which is nice. However, agreeableness is only weakly associated with leadership effectiveness, which doe...
... middle of paper ...
...It is a significant contributing factor of the quality of a person’s life. Research shows that high conscientiousness, high agreeableness, and low neuroticism represent a common hidden yet significant characteristic described as “getting along”, and people who have high extroversion and high openness to experience similarly share a dynamic called “getting ahead” (Manning, 01/2014, p. 385). People high in openness and conscientiousness and low in neuroticism are more likely to become leaders than their colleagues are. Power over others is a foreseeable aspect of leadership; however, it carries with it the risk integrated with the abuse of power. All I have to do is continue to figure out what I am meant to contribute to the world, do so by capitalizing on my natural personality strengths and doing my best on any given day, and being okay if my best is not that great.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Personality traits are the habitual patterns of behavior, though and emotion that are different and always exclusive to a specific individual, in very rare occasion do we find two people share similar traits even when they are a brother and sister or twin siblings. However there are those traits that are common among people at in such instances the differences between one personality and the other is the degree to which the trait affects them like in the case of aggression and even concentration.... [tags: Big Five personality traits, Trait theory]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- TRAIT THEORIES Some of the individual characteristics of leaders are mentioned below: 1. Physical Characteristics: Age, Appearance, Height and Weight 2. Social Background: Education, Social Status 3. Personality: Aggressiveness, alertness, enthusiasm, integrity, confidence. 4. Task Related characteristics: Achievement, Responsibility, Task orientation, persistence 5. Social Characteristics: Prestige, Interaction, tack, diplomacy, popularity, co-operation. Leaders are identified by the above mentioned traits and not their behaviors.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Barack Obama]
774 words (2.2 pages)
- Long before I first considered getting a tattoo, I was surrounded by a plethora of body modifications, including tattoos, piercings, and even obscurities such as human branding and corset or suspension piercings. These were always observed with reactions ranging from horrified avoidance to rapt admiration, depending on the observer and the nature of the modification. My tone of my mother’s general reaction leaned toward a generally liberal acceptance, while my father has trended more towards distaste and simple avoidance.... [tags: Social Stereotype, Demographics]
1586 words (4.5 pages)
- As I 've grown as a woman, I have come to realize that my personality characteristics cause me to act a certain way, whether I am around my peers, family, or whether it is the environment that I am in. Some of my characteristics can either hurt or help me, depending on the situation. When I was younger, I used to mimic others ' personalities. I believe I did that because I was trying to find my own match. I guess you could call that me being a follower, but eventually I adapted my own personality through experiences and I believe it fits me very well.... [tags: Psychology, Big Five personality traits]
1317 words (3.8 pages)
Characteristics And Characteristics Of An Individual 's Personality Remains Stable Over The Lifespan?
- Alejandra Martinez Exam 1 1. Personality “typology” is historically old. Give two examples of historical typology. A. Sheldon suggested that the human body be categorize. Which he introduced Sheldon’s Somatotypes which associates body types with human temperament into three types: 1. Mesomorph (muscle): courageous, assertive, bold, competitive 2. Endomorph (nervous tissue): sociable, even-tempered, affectionate 3. Ectomorph (digestive): self-conscious, introvert, artistic, intense B. Hippocrates introduced what is called the Four Temperaments: 1.... [tags: Big Five personality traits, Trait theory]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- In the early 1980s the psychologists Goldberg and Digman started to work on their study of personality traits. It was a collection of 1710 personality characteristics arranged by Norman many years ago (Norman, 1967 as quoted in Woods and West, 2014). The conclusion of their study was the recognition and summary of five extensive elements of personality. Today, they are more commonly known under the title the Big Five or Five Factor Model (Woods and West, 2014). In accordance with this model, the most appropriate portrayal of personality characteristics is to divide them into five extensive bipolar aspects (Woods and West, 2014).... [tags: Big Five personality traits]
1489 words (4.3 pages)
- Introduction An individual with visions of improving upon areas within their occupation tend to possess underlying qualities that are considered influential among others. When an individual makes the decision in wanting to make a difference with change, their role becomes a leader, and then a conscience effort has begun to take on a level of challenge in discovering the motivation of the group. A leader must present a persona of strength; the onboard followers increase a leader’s strength in numbers, and effective change can occur.... [tags: Leadership, Big Five personality traits]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- Each and every person is unique. “An individual’s identity is who or what a person is; the name or essential character that identifies somebody.” Examples would include beliefs, ethnicity, values, choices, habits, interests, and finally, sexuality (Napolitano, 2010, p. 104). “Identity is a term used throughout to describe individuals as a discrete, separate entity and is how a person is defined.” It could also include their name, gender and race. On the other hand, personality would be qualities and traits of a person’s character.... [tags: Personality psychology, Personality type]
1449 words (4.1 pages)
- There are many different personality strengths and traits that each individual possesses. Some are stronger than others. There have been many different ways that psychologists today attempt to define ones personality traits to reveal an individuals strengths and to explain why individuals behave the way they do. A series of different tests have been used to identify personality traits that have difficulties making a career choice and to also reveal ideal career choices for each individual. These tests are here to help in revealing a career path but findings show that they mainly act as a tools in self-discovery and growth which lead to narrowing a career path.... [tags: Big Five personality traits]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- Daft study (as cited in, Spalding University, 2007), “Personality is a set of characters and processes that establishes a relatively stable combination of behaviors in reaction to ideas, objects, or people in the environment.” Personality is what makes us unique for it influences individual patterns of thought. It also affects our reaction to different life experiences and situations that may arise. The way, in which we relate to others, receive and appreciate things, says a lot about who we are as an individual, depicting various forms of personality traits.... [tags: Big Five personality traits, Trait theory]
713 words (2 pages)