... middle of paper ...
...onnaire which uses single adjectives or the NEO questionnaires developed by Paul Costa and Jeff McCrae. If scores are similar between the International Personality Item Pool and another certified questionnaires, than this questionnaire has high content validity.
f. The questionnaire is useful in measuring personality traits, but should not be the ultimate definer. There were some test-retest and inter-rater discrepancies that were significant enough to question the validity of the questionnaire on some traits, such as emotional stability.The most common feedback was that the rater did not know how to rate some of the statements because it depended on the situation, and thus the rater gave more moderate scores. However, the generality of the questions cannot be avoided since personality is how these traits are exhibited over time and situations.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In an analysis of the results of four different personality tests, I discovered not only my personality type, but also my study skills and time management skills. I learned that my personality type corresponds with the traits necessary to my desired career in social work. This analysis is helpful in understanding my personality and its relation to my success in college and in life. The Holland Code test revealed that I am a helping, organizing persuader; my personality type is Social-Conventional-Enterprising (SCE).... [tags: personality, trait, study, skills, time, managment]
960 words (2.7 pages)
- During hiring process, employers use a wide variety of tests to choose the best candidate for their company. These tests are used to eliminate candidates that are not fit for the company. The personality test, is one of many that is being used in many organizations as a means of making a hiring decision. It has been studied that personality traits predict success in job performance. Having the ability to judge the candidate before hiring can ultimately forecast how fit the employee is for the company.... [tags: Personality psychology]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- Taking any type of personality test can lead to a lot of thought and reflection on yourself, how you live, and how you interact with other people. I have taken some personality tests in the past that seemed to have been way off from what I believed about myself. This could be in part because I took them at a younger age and didn’t really “know” myself at that time. The results of the JUNG Typology test and the DISC Assessment actually proved to be fairly accurate to how I view myself today. While the tests weren’t exactly eye-opening for me, they did serve to confirm many beliefs and views that I had toward myself, my interactions with others, and what I enjoy in life.... [tags: Personality psychology]
708 words (2 pages)
- Having completed the Myers Briggs Personality Test previously, I was identified as an INTP, which stands for introverted, intuitive, thinking, and perceiving. Accordingly, this personality is often labeled as “The Architect” or “The Logician.” Despite my previous results, I repeated the test as instructed in the assignment. Consequently, based on the outcome of the test, my personality has altered in the past year. Thus, my updated results based on this analysis were, INTJ (introverted, intuitive, thinking, and judging).... [tags: Personality psychology]
1265 words (3.6 pages)
- Having completed the Myers-Briggs Personality Test previously, I was identified as an INTP, which stands for introverted, intuitive, thinking, and perceiving. Accordingly, this personality is often labeled as “The Architect” or “The Logician.” Despite my previous results, I repeated the test as instructed in the assignment. Consequently, based on the outcome of the test, my personality has altered in the past year. Thus, my updated results based on this analysis were, INTJ (introverted, intuitive, thinking, and judging).... [tags: Personality psychology]
1246 words (3.6 pages)
- Understanding why people do what they do has baffled people for centuries. The Myers-Briggs Personality test has answer a few of these questions. Are you an Extrovert or an Introvert, Sensor or iNtuitive, a Thinker or a Feeler, a Judger or Perceiver. Once you have the tools to understand yourself, you are capable of understanding others. How does your personality complement a coworker, a family member. How can I be more understanding based on my knowledge of how a coworker comes to conclusions about life and their surroundings.... [tags: Personality psychology]
1416 words (4 pages)
- The "Emotional Assessment / Personality Test" for this assignment provides significant assistance while attempting to identify my greatest strengths (Condon, 2015). Blind spots exist while internally evaluating my perceptions concerning these strengths. The "Emotional Assessment / Personality Test" is an excellent tool for identifying personal strengths, particularly within the parameters of my demographic profile (Condon, 2015). The assessment evaluates individual 's strengths in six areas and correlates input, providing a comparative analysis of my answers to those with similar demographic profiles.... [tags: Personality psychology, Psychology, Organization]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- For this assignment, I was able to use the Big Five Personality Test. The Big Five Personality Test uses a statistical skill which is referred as factor analysis to find the result of the personality.The Big Five Test uses a model called OCEAN which is the acronym for personalities such as; openness to experience, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness, and neuroticism. For the Test, I decided to compare myself to my mother. My mother has been a huge part of my life, and is someone I admire and look up too.... [tags: Maslow's hierarchy of needs, Psychology]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- Introduction In the field of psychology, personality refers to the unique characteristics and behavior patterns that distinguish one individual from another. Personality can be a complex spectrum to evaluate. Personality of is not always stable and may change over time for different reasons such as shocking events, education, and environment to name a few. The study and assessment of personality has been used to describe and discover from severe mental disorders to assist self-awareness. Personality inventories are a method to assess personality traits.... [tags: Personality psychology]
1290 words (3.7 pages)
- Introversion has the greatest chance of negatively affecting SLA. Students that are afraid of embarrassing themselves by speaking incorrectly or by not being able to speak at all may try to avoid opportunities that would otherwise aid their learning (Zhang, 2008). Since 1960, personality has emerged as major field of specialization among doctoral candidates (Vance & Macphail, 1964). Many investigations have been accomplished followed by literature on a variety of theories of personality. The importance on individual differences and distinctiveness of the individual are the most frequent features of the study of personality.... [tags: Psychology, Personality Test]
520 words (1.5 pages)