The research that I conducted on the Executive (ESTJ) personality revealed that ESTJ are “hardworking traditionalists (Truity, 2017)”. They are very task-oriented and appreciate structure and organization. The strengths for executives are that usually they are model citizens. They usually help when needed, follow the law and rules and try to involve others in the community to do the same. They are strong-willed, loyal and excellent organizers. The weaknesses for executives are realizing and understanding that everyone does not and will not operate in the same manner. Executives are inflexible and stubborn, judgmental and over focused on social status. They find is difficult to relax and have a hard time expressing emotion.
Personally, I can relate to most of the information that was revealed to me through researching this topic. I believe that people usually view me as dependable and responsible. The benefit of this personality type is that most people know that if they need something done then they can come to me and it will be completed. The down side to this personality f...
... middle of paper ...
...ganization. I will continue to work hard to the best of my ability and continue to be an example for other new graduate nurses.
Burns, J. (1978). Leadership. New York: Harper and Row.
Doody, C. M. (2012). Transformational leadership in nursing practice. British Journal of Nursing, 1212-1217.
Giltinane, C. L. (2013). Leadership styles and theories. Nursing Standard, 35-39.
Kenmore, P. (2008). Applied leadership. Exploring leadership styles. Nursing Management, 24-26.
Murray, E. (2017). Nursing Leadership and Management. Philadelphia: F. A. Davis Company.
Neris Analytics Limited. (2017, September 08). Executive Personality (ESTJ, -A/ -T). Retrieved from www.16personalities.com: https://www.16personalities.com/estj-personality
Truity. (2017, September 9). ESTJ The Supervisor. Retrieved from www.truity.com: https://www.truity.com/personality-type/ESTJ
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A personality preference assessment is a questionnaire designed to reveal aspects of an individual character or psychological makeup. Carl Jung was a psychiatrist best known for theories of the Collective Unconscious, in this assignment I took the personality test that Carl Jung created based off personality and behavior. When completing the test my personality trait revealed to me as ISFJ with an individual preference in four dimensions characterizing my personality type including Introvert (12%), Sensing (16%), Feeling (53%), and Judging (9%).... [tags: Personality psychology, Carl Jung]
921 words (2.6 pages)
- Personality Assessment Before taking this test, I began to think every open-minded about this five factor personality assessment. During this assessment, I realized that I was asked too little of information for this assessment to determine my exact personality. After, I received this screen telling my personality. There were five main factors and I was also told a score for all five factors. The factors were extraversion, agreeableness, conscientiousness, neuroticism, and openness. Extraversion is the trait that reflects our preference and behavior in social situation.... [tags: Big Five personality traits]
835 words (2.4 pages)
- The "Emotional Assessment / Personality Test" for this assignment provides significant assistance while attempting to identify my greatest strengths (Condon, 2015). Blind spots exist while internally evaluating my perceptions concerning these strengths. The "Emotional Assessment / Personality Test" is an excellent tool for identifying personal strengths, particularly within the parameters of my demographic profile (Condon, 2015). The assessment evaluates individual 's strengths in six areas and correlates input, providing a comparative analysis of my answers to those with similar demographic profiles.... [tags: Personality psychology, Psychology, Organization]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- According to the Emotional Assessment/Personality Test, what are your greatest personality strengths. Describe in detail how you have utilized (or plan to utilize) these strengths in your life. - Extraversion (Sociability and Assertiveness): Previous personality tests have always told me that I am more of an Extrovert than an Introvert. I have always considered myself a very social person and one to meet new people. I wouldn 't’t say “I’m the life of the party,” but I do like to mingle with people I haven’t met.... [tags: Management, Personality psychology]
1676 words (4.8 pages)
- PA #3: Personality Assessment Take the test: http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test. 1. Results. Write up your result (the letters and the full typology) and your interpretation of the meaning of your result (do not copy and paste what the assessment gives you). - I have a Protagonist Personality (ENFJ – -A/-T) - I love people. Since I am 81% extroverted, I gain energy from being with others and seek to make the people I love happy and one of my greatest joys is to see those I love succeed and have their dreams come true (16 Personalities, 2017).... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
1311 words (3.7 pages)
- Upon completion of the 16 Personalities personality assessment my results revealed to me that my personality type is “Executive Personality (ESTJ, -A/ -T) (Neris Analytics Limited, 2017)”. ESTJ, -A/ -T stands for Extravert, Sensing, Thinking, Judging. Executive type personalities are those individuals that use tradition and order throughout all of what they do. The values of honesty, dedication and dignity are very important for individuals with this personality type. Executives usually counsel or advise other people.... [tags: Leadership, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- This paper examines the individual personality assessment conducted from the Myer-Briggs Personality test. After completing the assessment, an evaluation of each trait will be examined as relates to everyday life. Introduction Our culture influences our personalities and beliefs and naturally it is a part of who we are. “Culture is the set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterize a society, or in the business sense, an organization” (Satterlee, 2009, p.42). Personality test offers a more in-depth understanding of our personality traits, behavior tendencies and so forth.... [tags: Personality psychology, Psychology, Personality]
1115 words (3.2 pages)
- Personality Assessment Paper Marissa Russell Mount St. Mary’s University Personality theories can provide people with a structure to better understand themselves and others. I decided to assess person I know named Martin for this assignment. Martin is someone who I have known for many years, so I have had numerous opportunities to observe and study his behavior. Martin is a 57-year-old husband, father of one child and he works in law enforcement. He is the oldest of two siblings. He enjoys watching and playing sports, playing the guitar, giving people advice and is a car enthusiast.... [tags: Psychoanalysis, Sigmund Freud, Defence mechanism]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
- 1. Provide a summary of your personality assessment results. Include the personality types rank ordered from the highest to lowest rating. Include the number of items that you rated as matching each personality type. Describe the personality type(s) on which you were rated the highest. I think this assessment was very useful in better understanding myself and possible career routes. My personality type ranks in the following order; Social (35), enterprising (24), artistic (13), investigative (11), realistic (6), and conventional (6).... [tags: Personality psychology, Personality type]
1552 words (4.4 pages)
- My Personality Assessment In counseling psychology, there are many tools and therapeutic treatments including assessments to help the counseling process between the therapist and client. According to Hays (2013), “Assessment is beneficial in counseling because it provides information for both counselors and clients so they can understand and respond to the client concerns as well as plan and evaluate programs” (p. 6). Among the many assessments that are being used, there are evaluations focused on personalities, intelligence, abilities, and careers.... [tags: Personality psychology]
1062 words (3 pages)