This semester in English 102 has been a great learning experience for me as a student. With each writing project I have grown as a writer learning new was of conducting and structuring an essay with MLA, or APA. Also this class has taught me how to create new works research writing from one original writing assignment, which I thought to be very helpful and interesting to learn rather than writing a whole new paper. English 102 was also a great experience with sentence structure and grammar which was another area of writing that I believe I have excelled in. The four writing projects that was completed throughout the semester consisted of a summary and response assignment, synthesized research, argumentative research and an informative paper.
While writing the Summary and response paper the most challenging thing for me to get through was the topic. I felt as though it is an important subject that needs to dealt with by our government but it is extremely overdone and talked about. While the simplest thing for this paper was all of the information was already at my disposal I didn’t need to go searching for the information. While writing this paper I learned how to properly construct and execute a works cited page. Also, knowing how to properly site books, articles, and personal interviews. It was extremely helpful and for me personally, because it is something that I will always need for the future to further my education. Even though I did not like the topic of college tuition, it was a great experience writing the paper.
The next assignment that we had to write was the Synthesized paper, which for me was the most fun to write, because it was about a topic that is in my field of study. I love psycholo...
... middle of paper ...
...ues that I have found that I needed to work on this semester was my time management and writing in APA format. For me my time management skills for writing a paper are limited because of my extremely busy life style. For the last paper I did bits of it at a time and learned how to get my paper done without having to stress and get it done all at once. Also my APA is something that I need to further practice and work on because I will have to use it in my schooling and eventually my career.
Overall this semester was a wonderful experience for me because I had an amazing teacher. Throughout every paper I was able to learn a new skill in my writing and become a better writer. All of the assignments that I was faced with were overall fun and great to write. These skills and experiences that I had in English 102, I will take with me for the rest of my educational career.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Personal Statement A personal statement is a document required in education programs as well as when one is applying for a job. It is a document that is written to describe a person’s strength or weakness. It is therefore an important document that one must always have ready any time anywhere. Personal statements do not have to look the same. They may be written focusing on one’s interest for example a personal statement written specifically to apply for a specific job. What appears inside is what gives that person credibility on whether to get the job or not.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Statements, Want]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Exam’s Answers Question 3 The first situation is when people talk about the important things, they should avoid email. For example, when I have to apologize the meeting with other companies was failed because of my mistake. If I send my statement of apology to my boss, the boss would get angry, because it is a just words even though I wrote the sentence that showed deep apology. A boss cannot receive true my mind. However, by using verbal, a boss knows how deeply I regret and apologize from my facial expressions and voice tone.... [tags: Communication, Writing, Want, Culture]
1921 words (5.5 pages)
- What is Writing. The dictionary definition for writing is, the activity or skill of marking coherent words on paper and composing text. In my own words, writing is about an interest in forming your thoughts on paper. The most recent essay that I completed was my personal statement. During this essay I focused on my desire to pursue a career in Mathematics. Started my statement by saying, “It’s like having a cup of coffee in the morning.” My teacher wanted the student’s to tap into our best moments in life.... [tags: Writing, Thought, Management, Mind]
701 words (2 pages)
- Dear Professor and her Literate colleagues, For my portfolio letter I wish to thank everyone who impacted my education in any way and gave me motivation to keep studying when I felt like I did not have the ability nor the skills to continue my education. This course molded me into a better writer and made me enjoy writing more than anything else. The revisions that I made throughout the course allowed me to improve my sentence structures, organize my essays, and personalize them by creating a theme for the genre pertaining to each essay, and avoid writer’s block for my personal narrative and the research paper about Chicanos in education.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Learning, The Reader]
1171 words (3.3 pages)
- Zaynab Abdullahi CMST 1010-08 Communication Skills Communication is the basic process of exchanging information, it is the process of conveying our thoughts, ideas and feelings to others using verbal as well as nonverbal signals. It is a very important part of our lives. Developing great communication skills can help all aspects of your life, including your professional life and your social life. In this essay I am going to discuss my personal strengths and my weakness in communication and how I hope to improve them.... [tags: Communication, Writing, Nonverbal communication]
742 words (2.1 pages)
- When it comes to writing, I have zero strengths. So much that I feel comfortable in the self-diagnosis that I may have dysphasia. In high school, due to the standards being much more lenient, an A on a paper did not delegate good quality writing. It was not until my first paper in English 1102 came back that I realized this previous standard impeded my progress as a writer. Under the pretense that I was writing decent papers, I never strived to get better. Because of this, my interactions with teachers were minimal, and I never took the time to request actual feedback.... [tags: Writing, Sentence, Evidence, Dirty Harry]
1594 words (4.6 pages)
- Self-Evaluation I strongly believe that the class, HD341 Communication for Empowerment fulfill my goals in taking this class because it is giving me many opportunities to make connections with other classmates during in class discussion. I usually check in by sharing my stories at school, at work, and any issues that I am still concerned. Therefore, verbal communication is an area I frequently use in class to communicate with my peers as well as my professor. I also have an active listening my classmate’s stories and have critical thinking to give feedbacks to them.... [tags: Learning, Writing, Psychology, Knowledge]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- Self-Evaluation Did you fulfill your goals in taking this class. How. I strongly believe that the class, HD341 Communication for Empowerment fulfill my goals in taking this class because it is giving me many opportunities to make connection with other classmates. I usually check in by sharing my stories at school, at work, and any issues that I am still concerned. Therefore, verbal communication is an area I frequently use in class to communicate with my peers as well as my professor. I also have active listening my classmate’s stories and have critical thinking to giving feedbacks to them.... [tags: Knowledge, Learning, Writing, Psychology]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
- Before I had attended this module, my biggest aim was to understand how we communicate with each other and how we adapt our speech to fit the situation we are in. As I am combining Communication, Media and Culture with Film Studies, I wanted this module to help me build my confidence so that in the future, I can pitch my film ideas confidently. It was important for me to develop my communication skills as this would enable me to express myself clearly and concisely. One of the most important skills that I have gained is how to communicate with people by adapting my speech to the circumstances I am in.... [tags: Communication, Writing, Film, Linguistics]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- A Thesis is: -The statement of the author’s position on a topic or subject. -Clear, concise, and goes beyond fact or observation to become an idea that needs to be supported. -Often a statement of tension, where the author refutes or complicates an existing assumption or claim (counterargument). -Often answers WHY or HOW questions related to the topic at hand. A Thesis Statement is Not: - A statement of fact or observation (no matter how astute the observation). - A statement of personal conviction or opinion.... [tags: Writing a Thesis Statement 2014]
500 words (1.4 pages)
- Video Games Have Many Educational Applications Towards The Real World Situation
- Maslow 's Theory Of Human Motivation
- Interpersonal Communication : Communication, And Emotional Communication
- The Trait Approach And The Biological Section
- I Don 't Do You Know What A Life Thread Is?
- The Conflict Of The Border Conflict