The practice of identifying and playing to a personal strength is not pursued in today’s society. This is mostly because the pursuit of one’s personal strengths can be surprisingly difficult. Our society as a whole spends the majority of its time focusing on ridding itself of its perceived weaknesses. Most people with a talent or strong skill sets generally do not live an exciting, productive or rewarding life because their time is spent developing a weakness rather than building up their strengths. West (2005) believes that the desire to constantly improve oneself...
... middle of paper ...
Clifton, D. O., & Nelson, P. (2010). Soar with your strengths: A simple yet revolutionary philosophy of business and management. New York, NY: Bantam Books.
Hodges, T., & Clifton, D. (2004). Strengths-based development in practice. In P Linley & S. Joseph (Eds.). Positive practice in psychology (pp. 256-268). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
Satterlee, A. (2009). Organizational Management and Leadership: A Christian Perspective. Roanoke, VA: Synergistics International Inc.
West, W. D. (2005). Should you concentrate on strengths or weaknesses? Optometric Management, 40(5), Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com.ezproxy.liberty.edu:2048/docview/204684374
Zenger, J. (2009). Strengths or weaknesses? Leadership Excellence, 26(5), 14-15. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/204625759?accountid=12085
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Being analytical with my thoughts helps keep the reasoning and logic of what the project is trying to accomplish into a real possibility. My thought process is very grounded and I try to utilize all of the available knowledge available to form the foundation of all group projects. While I use logic and knowledge to form all thoughts, I have a great visionary mind that is always thinking about or planning for the future. A great quality of a visionary leader is that I am open to new information according to Travis Turner’s Creative Leader article.... [tags: education, skills, job]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- Having chosen a topic that is very important for early years’ settings in the UK, I feel that the presentation that we had prepared is a useful resource for colleagues to turn back to when they need to prepare themselves for an Ofsted inspection. In my opinion, as we had a member of the team that has experienced an Ofsted inspection and have used up-to-date information about the Ofsted process, I think that this has validated our information. A strength of our PowerPoint was that it well planned in advance.... [tags: Microsoft PowerPoint, Presentation]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- I believe that life is a learning experience and being able to recognize our own strengths and weaknesses can help us become better individuals in anything we choose to do, whether it is positive abilities and skills that can help achieve our goals or negative personal areas that need improvement. Knowing yourself and what you can do, can help you recognize and overcome your weaknesses. One of my greatest strengths at work that I have recognized would have to be my ability to be a well-organized individual.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
791 words (2.3 pages)
- Personal Strengths and Weaknesses We as individuals have to realize the importance of our strengths and weaknesses in order to make a difference in relating personal growth. Having different goals, priorities and special qualities about ourselves is what gives us individually. The purpose of this paper is to clearly define each of my strengths and weaknesses and figure out a way to identify my personal strengths and weaknesses. Doing so in order to enhance my learning process. In order for me to improve myself and enhance my learning process.... [tags: Personal Essays]
608 words (1.7 pages)
- I gave this paper a lot of thought before I began to write. ?What qualities and traits do I posses that make me desirable as an employee, a teammate, and as a person?. First, you must be able to identify your own personal strengths and weaknesses in order to become a lifelong learner and an essential part of a ?team?. As technology is constantly growing you have to be willing to accept what makes you an asset or a liability in any given situation you may encounter in your life. The qualities and traits that I feel make me a valuable entity to my employers, co-workers, classmates and within my personal relationships are varied.... [tags: Personal Narrative Character Analysis Essays]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- Personal Strengths and Weaknesses What are my personal strengths and weaknesses. When I think about this question, the first thing that comes to mind is a job interview. I, like most people, find this simple question to be the most stressful moment of any interview. I want to give an answer that is imaginative but does not give the interviewer a bad impression of myself. In this paper, I will describe my strengths and weaknesses as I would to a job interviewer. I will give specific examples of my strengths and place a positive spin on my weaknesses.... [tags: essays research papers]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- I am going to write about my personal strengths and weaknesses. I would like to start out by going over my personal strengths. Then I will go over some of my personal weaknesses. Finally I will compose a plan of action to take to improve on my weaknesses. I am an honest person. I tell people what I am thinking and how I feel. Even if they don't like what I have to say. Being honest has helped me become closer to the people I care about most. It has also helped me in my professional career. I will tell my boss what's on my mind.... [tags: Self Improvement]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- Everyone is embedded with things that make them unique. As individuals we each bring soemthing new, creative, and different to the table. This brings to to discuss personal strengths and weaknessess within myself and my everyday living. Personal strengths are areas where we tend to excel, and seem to express above average. Personal Weaknesses to me are areas where we would like to excel but seem to still need improvement. If I can, let me share with you my strengths and weaknesses and see how they effect my everyday being.... [tags: essays research papers]
1331 words (3.8 pages)
- Nationhood is a concept that has throughout the years been notoriously difficult to define. Ideas on this have varied along lines of culture and politics. Cohen, in his article titled Personal Nationalisms: a Scottish view on some Rites, Rights and Wrongs has presented a concept of ‘personal nationalism’, that nationhood cannot completely construct individual identity; it is the individuals themselves that construct the meanings of what the nation is on a personal scale. This essay will argue that the strength of Cohen’s approach to nationhood is in his distinction between cultural and political nationalism that previous work in this field have glossed over and in his leaving room for interp... [tags: Cultural Orthodoxy, Self Identity]
1974 words (5.6 pages)
- From observing myself in a game situation these are what I consider are my strengths and weaknesses for Netball and why I think each one is a strength or weakness. Strengths Weaknesses > Shooting > Shoulder Pass > Bounce Pass > Chest Pass > Pivoting > Footwork > High-running Pass > Reaction Time > Agility > Speed Strengths: Strength 1: Shooting is one of my strengths as I think I perform it correctly. By correctly I mean having a balanced position (standing with my feet shoulder width apart and keeping my body straight), holding the ball above my head (so that the ball is resting on the tips of my fingers and my thumbs form a W shape), bending my kn... [tags: Papers]
1706 words (4.9 pages)