A strength of our PowerPoint was that it well planned in advance. By this, I mean that we had evaluated ourselves to understand our personal strengths and weaknesses of presenting. For instance, when I evaluated myself, my strengths were that I can create and design the presentation, do research for it, but a weakness was that I do not like attention and so am not comfortable with talking or presenting it. Jalango and Machado, (2015) and Adler, (2015) support this strategy as they both state that by evaluating ourselves, we would be enhancing the presentation by removing any potential dilemmas that can take place if a member of the team was to do something that they do not feel comfortable doing. By doing this task, our group was able to identify each other’s weaknesses and had designated roles to each other depending on their strengths. However, I do feel that although I had mentioned that I do not feel comfortable with speaking, the role of speaking was directed at me without any discussion which did make me feel a bit wary of whether the presentation would go successfully or not due to my performance. But the strategy did work in favor for the other members as they had been designated a role that they were content with and had no disagreements with completing them.
A further strength of...
... middle of paper ...
... as they may just read off the slides instead of understanding what is being said about the information on the slides.
To conclude, I think that our presentation of an Ofsted inspection would help support staff and colleagues in early years’ settings as it has outlined all the main points in order to prepare for a successful inspection. I strongly agree with Happell, (2009) as I believe that it is important to not bombard the staff with too much information which would give them more to worry about on top of all the stress that they would already have from knowing that Ofsted is coming to their setting. I also believe that the information provided in the presentation are the vital points in what an inspection is and that if staff and colleagues remember what has been said in it, then that would be enough for them to make a good impression on the Ofsted inspector/s.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... The policy also states that compensation assessed to be of value greater than $10,000 per annum, would be scaled back to the correct rate of pay. With this news I became concerned about how this re-assessment would be received by the manager impacted and the message the organization would be sending with it. I expressed my concern to the HR Director and my boss, as I believed that the employee in question would be negatively impacted by the organizational assessment and policy, and that we were dealing with an employee that had an excellent performance record and many years of service.... [tags: strengths and weaknesses]
1934 words (5.5 pages)
- Personal strengths and weaknesses determine how an individual will perform in their careers and lives. Clifton and Nelson (2010), defines strengths as “things that one does well” (p. 42). Strengths are traits of a person’s performance or views that result in personal gratification and reward. Effective leaders should strive to develop their personal strengths. Strengths can be drawn from things that an individual currently excels at or those from the past. Weaknesses on the other hand, are things that result in lessened productivity.... [tags: leadership, management, leader]
928 words (2.7 pages)
- I believe that life is a learning experience and being able to recognize our own strengths and weaknesses can help us become better individuals in anything we choose to do, whether it is positive abilities and skills that can help achieve our goals or negative personal areas that need improvement. Knowing yourself and what you can do, can help you recognize and overcome your weaknesses. One of my greatest strengths at work that I have recognized would have to be my ability to be a well-organized individual.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
791 words (2.3 pages)
- Personal Strengths and Weaknesses We as individuals have to realize the importance of our strengths and weaknesses in order to make a difference in relating personal growth. Having different goals, priorities and special qualities about ourselves is what gives us individually. The purpose of this paper is to clearly define each of my strengths and weaknesses and figure out a way to identify my personal strengths and weaknesses. Doing so in order to enhance my learning process. In order for me to improve myself and enhance my learning process.... [tags: Personal Essays]
608 words (1.7 pages)
- I gave this paper a lot of thought before I began to write. ?What qualities and traits do I posses that make me desirable as an employee, a teammate, and as a person?. First, you must be able to identify your own personal strengths and weaknesses in order to become a lifelong learner and an essential part of a ?team?. As technology is constantly growing you have to be willing to accept what makes you an asset or a liability in any given situation you may encounter in your life. The qualities and traits that I feel make me a valuable entity to my employers, co-workers, classmates and within my personal relationships are varied.... [tags: Personal Narrative Character Analysis Essays]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- ... Being analytical with my thoughts helps keep the reasoning and logic of what the project is trying to accomplish into a real possibility. My thought process is very grounded and I try to utilize all of the available knowledge available to form the foundation of all group projects. While I use logic and knowledge to form all thoughts, I have a great visionary mind that is always thinking about or planning for the future. A great quality of a visionary leader is that I am open to new information according to Travis Turner’s Creative Leader article.... [tags: education, skills, job]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- Everyone is embedded with things that make them unique. As individuals we each bring soemthing new, creative, and different to the table. This brings to to discuss personal strengths and weaknessess within myself and my everyday living. Personal strengths are areas where we tend to excel, and seem to express above average. Personal Weaknesses to me are areas where we would like to excel but seem to still need improvement. If I can, let me share with you my strengths and weaknesses and see how they effect my everyday being.... [tags: essays research papers]
1331 words (3.8 pages)
- Personal Strengths and Weaknesses What are my personal strengths and weaknesses. When I think about this question, the first thing that comes to mind is a job interview. I, like most people, find this simple question to be the most stressful moment of any interview. I want to give an answer that is imaginative but does not give the interviewer a bad impression of myself. In this paper, I will describe my strengths and weaknesses as I would to a job interviewer. I will give specific examples of my strengths and place a positive spin on my weaknesses.... [tags: essays research papers]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- I am going to write about my personal strengths and weaknesses. I would like to start out by going over my personal strengths. Then I will go over some of my personal weaknesses. Finally I will compose a plan of action to take to improve on my weaknesses. I am an honest person. I tell people what I am thinking and how I feel. Even if they don't like what I have to say. Being honest has helped me become closer to the people I care about most. It has also helped me in my professional career. I will tell my boss what's on my mind.... [tags: Self Improvement]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- The objective of this paper is to show you the personal strengths and weakness that I identified by asking friends and family their opinion on the topic regarding yours truly, and by examining myself for areas that I am really good at (also known as strengths) and areas I need to improve (otherwise known as weaknesses). After I have identified them, I will tell you how recognizing my strengths and weakness can help me to improve myself to achieve a more peaceful and satisfying personal life. I will start with the unflattering information first and list my most obvious weaknesses.... [tags: essays research papers]
894 words (2.6 pages)
- Heroin And Prescription Opiate Abuse
- The Poor Conditions Of Being During The Lower Class Are Shown By Marx And Engels
- Analysis Of The Book ' 1984 ' By George Orwell
- Gender Roles And Women 's Rights
- I Have Worked For The West Virginia Division Of Rehabilitation Services
- International Business Activities Via Developing A Diversity