I paused my Legend of Zelda game and left the game consoles on my couch. I walked into the hallway of my house to stare at the line of luggages piled against the wall, lined perfectly next to each other. Many of them, I knew, were filled with gifts and food for our relatives in China. None of them carried our clothes. My mom only wanted us to carry the ones we were currently wearing, plus our pajamas.
“You don’t need to bring any,” my mom explained. “You can buy clothes there.”
I took notice of my dog, Joey, sniffing the luggages. I sighed inwardly, thinking about the five weeks my two dogs were going to spend without me and my family, even though my dad would stay for another two weeks. I worried over how my dogs may not recognize me after five weeks.
“Wei, wei,” my dad waved at me, taking some of the luggages in his hands to the car. “Get ready to leave.”
I sucked the insides of my cheeks and walked back into the living room. I headed towards the couch, grabbed the game console, and exited my game after saving it.
At around 7:30 p.m., I quickly slipped my feet in my shoes and tied it. Joey ran up to me after seeing me and my siblings getting ready to head out the door. He wagged his tail as if asking to be brought along.
“See you in five weeks, Joey,” I said as I left the house.
Me, my twin, Jessica, little sister, Jenny, and mom boarded the plane at around 12:00 or 1:00 a.m. The flight attendants, dressed nicely in their red uniform, had directed us to our seats. After pushing past a few people, who had crowded the aisle, and getting to our seats, my mom helped me and my sisters put our luggage in the overhead.
There were three seats for...
... middle of paper ...
... the sausage into my mouth and savor the honey from the sausage. I ate until my stomach was satisfied.
It was already dark out by the time evening came. The sun cannot be seen and the lights of the shops and night markets were opened. My aunt took me to explore the streets I had not seen in six years.
The streets were bustling with people going to and from different locations. Vendors were selling food stuck on wooden skewers and men were waiting for people to ride on their rickshaw. There were friends and couples walking around window shopping and elder men and women carrying bags of groceries.
It was just like I had remembered it. From the smell of fuel from motorcycles to sweltering hot weather to the smell of food and beautiful lights of the night market, everything was still the same.
I did not understand why I refused to come here in the first place.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Game Night, one of the coolest and most anticipated events the family puts on for their loved ones. The snack assortment spread out on the big dining table; while games upon games are lined up ready to play and watch. It is necessary for parental control options to be already in place for the best night ever. Not all games are family oriented; so, the game chosen most have the option for the parent to switch off the blood or change to water, as an example. Some game scripts have profanity and will also have it print within the caption.... [tags: Video game, Video game console, Video game genres]
1049 words (3 pages)
- There are certain moments in your life where you choose to pause and take a mental picture to help you remember every detail. For me, this moment took place on the sideline of my sixth grade championship soccer game. As a child, I was never drawn to soccer as a sport. I started playing when I was five for the sole purpose of playing with my friends during the weekdays. I did not even begin liking soccer until three years later when I was eleven. But even though my feelings about it changed, one thing about my soccer career always remained the same.... [tags: Game, Association football, Luck, Football]
1183 words (3.4 pages)
- ... In essence, the religion of Hyrule is the perfect combination of all religions that allows for players of all beliefs or none at all to come and enjoy the game and this is what I will be arguing. Across the many games in the Zelda series, there are traces of Christianity, Muslim, Atheism, and even Shinto, Japans primary religion. These traces all seem to combine into the central idea of the Triforce, the legendary symbol of the Goddesses of Hyrule. The Triforce is made up of three different parts which each represent different virtues.... [tags: video, gamers, link, decision, limits]
1516 words (4.3 pages)
- Mythology is constantly being reincarnated into new mediums. It began centuries ago as oral stories being passed from generation to generation and has weathered the test of time to present day. Mythology influences current day literature, movies, and even video games. One video game that heavily draws on mythological themes is The Legend of Zelda created by Japanese video game designer and producer Shingeru Miyamoto. Through Zelda, gamers are exposed to and are able to play through a hero’s journey filled with mythological motifs such as the idea of creation and destruction, the struggle between light versus darkness, the subconscious in relation to reality, and the idea and distortion of ti... [tags: mythology in video games]
1395 words (4 pages)
- For three decades, the Nintendo Company has been on the front line of the video game industry. With competitors continuing to develop new video game systems and more exciting games to play with those systems. The Nintendo Company has come up with their own ways to keep video game enthusiasts interests in mind. Even though the video gaming at home did not start with Nintendo, The Nintendo Company did start a video gaming revolution with the release of the Nintendo Entertainment System or NES in 1985.... [tags: Video game console, Video game]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- As I stated earlier. It 's 4:15AM on a Saturday morning. "Why is my alarm going off. This torturous noise box is only to be used on the weekdays. Who is playing this obnoxious prank. My son. My Daughter. It 's probably my Wife." As I stumble out of bed and head downstairs for a ritual cup of coffee with a drop of cream, no sugar. It dawns on me, "I got the Overwatch beta invite last night!" The coffee from my Keurig is not flowing fast enough into the cup. hurry, hurry... finally. I grab the cup and clamber back upstairs to my office, which happens to have a litter box and random junk stored in the confines of its 4 walls.... [tags: Play, Game, Video game, Games]
1227 words (3.5 pages)
- Italo Calvino as Author/Game-master in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler In an interview conducted in January 1978, one year before the publication of his novel If on a winter's night a traveler (Iown), Italo Calvino responded to a question about his future writing plans with these words: "What I keep open is fiction, a storytelling that is lively and inventive, as well as the more reflective kind of writing in which narrative and essay become one" (Calvino, Hermit in Paris 190). Calvino created this very type of fiction in Iown, a novel that consists of a metafictional narrative that frames the beginnings of ten unique novels.... [tags: Italo Calvino Winter's Night Traveler Essays]
3238 words (9.3 pages)
- Ernest Hemingway and Zelda Fitzgerald Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald was born July 24th, 1900 to Anthony Sayre, a judge of the Alabama Supreme Court, and Minnie, a once aspiring actress. She was considered a sought-after Southern belle who had a collection of soldiers' insignia pins by the time she met Scott Fitzgerald at the age of twenty. However, Zelda refused marriage until 1920 when the publication of This Side of Paradise gave Scott the wealth and economic stability, which she demanded. The first few years of their marriage were characterized by extravagant spending, but shortly after the birth of their only child, Frances Scott "Scottie" Fitzgerald, the couple began frequent arguments usua... [tags: Biography Biographies Essays]
1300 words (3.7 pages)
- Zelda Fitzgerald and the French Aviator In an attempt to improve their deteriorating marriage, F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald made the decision in 1924 to relocate to Europe. Soon after their arrival in the French Riviera, Scott began working feverishly on what would be The Great Gatsby, leaving him little time for family bonding. Servants tended to their only daughter, Scottie, and Zelda, with few other responsibilities, spent her days sunbathing, swimming, and playing tennis. At least this was the case up until she became acquainted with a young French aviator.... [tags: Fitzgerald Biography Essays]
897 words (2.6 pages)
- The Fools of Twelfth Night It is not unusual that the fool should be a prominent figure and make an important contribution in forming the confusion and the humor in an Elizabethan drama. In William Shakespeare's comedy, Twelfth Night, Feste the clown is not the only fool who is subject to foolery. He and many other characters combine their silly acts and wits to invade other characters that either escape reality or live a dream. In Twelfth Night, Feste, Maria and Sir Toby are the fools that make the comedy work in many senses.... [tags: Twelfth Night Essays]
1086 words (3.1 pages)