School since the beginning was difficult for me. I have always struggled in my academics especially in English class. I understand math better than any other subject because it is black and white. History came naturally as well as science. English for some reason was hard to grasp and still is occasionally. I have struggled in my english classes but I am now proud to say that I will graduate with an english grade that I am proud of.
I am very glad that my high school offers and tutorial period. This is a period that is implemented into our schedule to ask for help or be tutored on a certain subject. I would use this period to check in with my english teacher to see if she could proof read or advice me to do other things to help me succeed in her class. I would do the same if I were to have a problem with a certain subject at Saint Mary’s. I would go to the writing center and have them help me proofread my assignments and would get a tutor if needed. I would also talk to the professor and see what they have to advice me to improve in their class. When it comes to math I do not struggle as much. It has always came to me naturally. I love math because for most of the time there is only one right answer. I like that you can strategize different ways to get to the right answer and if I do not get the material Saint Mary’s will do their best to help me out if I need it.
I take my academics very seriously and I am glad my school offers r...
... middle of paper ...
...ribute to the HPSS.
You first have to be educated on the catholic faith to start to believe. Like the mission statement says The lasallian education is to empower us to a whole person spiritually. We believe that the presence of God in our life is important. By doing this I can attract many young adults by connecting to them. I’ve been told I have a charm for just loving and caring people for who they are. I share the knowledge I have with them as they do with me. This leads to a friendship with a foundation that is based on our common interests as well as Saint Mary’s Mission.
I feel as I can bring many things to this program. I hope to grow as a person and succeed in my academics, while still living up to the mission statement. I can bring my knowledge and my faith as well as my social skills. I feel as this will benefit High Potential Sphere of Success program.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- From reading the brochures and materials available online, one can come to the conclusion that the University of North Carolina at Charlotte advertises an environment which combines the required work ethic and the enjoyment of an interactive and enjoyable community where a student can reach their goals. According to the university’s mission statement, the institution values, ‘Accessible and affordable quality education that equips students with intellectual and professional skills, ethical principles, and an international perspective.’ They accomplish this message by using vivid pictures of the students interacting within the Charlotte area and with each other.... [tags: college, university, unc]
576 words (1.6 pages)
- This is extremely hard for me to do. I am not one to delve into my family with friends, let alone people that I hardly know. I view my family as something of a challenge. It has always been a challenge. A challenge from how on one side of my family almost didn’t make it to America, to how I came into this world, to how I was raised, and to my adult life. I am sure that you are looking at this thinking, this might not be how I want this paper structured. But to trace how my family looks at items like divorce, economic demography, child rearing, and even life itself…it should be told this way.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Marriage, Mother]
2391 words (6.8 pages)
- The difficult road I’ve travelled over the past few years has taught me the invaluable virtue of patience and unyielding diligence. It has brought clarity and direction to my life as far as personal growth and my vocational aspiration. I am endlessly inspired by one of my favorite quotes, “Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved” — Helen Keller (1880-1968). I struggled during my undergraduate years through the tragic loss of many loved ones in my life due to fatal car accidents and suicide.... [tags: family, undergraduate, education, research]
1213 words (3.5 pages)
- I’ve seen and heard my fair share of inspirational speakers, but never in a million years did I expect to hear someone like Even Brande talk in my college class. A spot on entrepreneurial example. Not that I’ve never talked to or listened to entrepreneurs before. Actually, both my parents are entrepreneurs. I can personally attest to Even’s teachings because my family teaches me the same values; I’ve grown up with it. I’ve seen my parents in the corporate world and in their own business world, which inspires me to be a boss in my own life, enjoying my life, and being able to make time for the important things in my life.... [tags: Entrepreneurship, Management, Mother, Learning]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- Helping Hands When I think of Social Work I think of the wellbeing of others and how they deserve to have all of the resources needed to have productive opportunity. When I first began college I started as a Pre-Nursing major whose intent was to work in a Juvenile or an asylum setting. As my freshman year came to an end, I noticed that I only wanted to work in those settings so that I could help advocate for those who were not able to have a voice of their own. I later noticed that nursing was not the field of study that would allow me to express my true intensions for helping people.... [tags: Sociology, Sexual intercourse, Family, Marriage]
1818 words (5.2 pages)
- I was thinking about someone who always helped me a lot and made me to read books and write essays often. Someone that I can think of who taught me to read or write that I was grateful because I was learning a lot about read or write. Her name is Beth Williams and she was one who taught me a lot and made me improve my reading and writing skills. I love her as my old teacher in my school because she was always support me whatever I need help and make sure I stayed on my track to made it my goal to be successful for my future.... [tags: Education, Learning, Essay, School]
702 words (2 pages)
- John H. Musser states that "the large majority of medical students do not have a good reason for studying medicine" . Musser is stating that students do not know exactly what they want to pursue in the future but is "attracted by an uncertain glamour and a specious glory". Therefore, most students who received a college education usually end up with a degree with a major that they did not have a personal interest in but knew that the job salary was high. Richard Grant White also stated that public schools are not the best form of education and that "not one of them are so unworthy of either confidence or price" but that "the case is worse than that of mere failure" He is sta... [tags: education, career, public schools]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- Donna Smith Dr. Ford Enc 1102 Summer B August 4, 2015 Mary Flannery O 'Connor author of the short story in our Literature book; "A Good Man is Hard to Find", was brought up in a strict southern catholic home. Her father died when she was 15 years old from Lupus, a debilitating auto immune disease. In the prime of her writing career O’Connor was diagnosed with the same disease. Lupus is a horribly painful disease and pain causes some people to be angry and irritable. I believe her stories are a reflection of her life and how the disease affected her and all of these pent up emotions are expressed in her stories.... [tags: Short story, Flannery O'Connor, God]
1769 words (5.1 pages)
- Finance is a field that had always fascinated me right from my undergraduate college days. What make me interested in this particular field of study are the art of finance and the complexity of investment market which would allow me to employ my personal skills, such as analytical and communication skills, along with my personal characteristics such as dedication and compassion for what I do. As one of the most important sector in the world, I believe it would provide me with a broad range of career options.... [tags: Personal Statement Examples]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- Life is a journey that has its “ups and downs,” but for most of us the happy memories prevail more than those that are of our dislike do. Victor Frankenstein is one of those few persons that will not agree with me on this statement. As far as we know the story, we realize that there are plenty of moments that he is filled with joy, never the less, as time passes, he creates his own misery and every moment becomes his final doom. Frankenstein’s childhood is, as we very well know, a wonderful and even an envied time.... [tags: essays research papers]
978 words (2.8 pages)