Self-love helps build the foundation of who we really are so if this foundation is not solid, life can feel shaky at times. When we truly start to love ourselves, things begin to fall into place for us and life itself begins to feel truly beautiful which is the way life was intended to be felt.
So what exactly is self-love? Self-love is much more than feeling good or taking time for ourselves. It’s a state of appreciation for ourselves. This appreciation grows from actions we take to support our physical, psychological and our spiritual growth. We are able to accept both our strengths and our weaknesses when we have true self love.
At one point in time, I thought it was selfish to love myself because of the views society plants in our minds. Please don 't fall into this trap, because loving ourselves is not selfish at all! What does a flight attendant tell us to do before helping anyone on the plane during an emergency? We must first put on our own oxygen mask because it 's the only way we will be able to help everyone else. The same applies to self love because when we truly love ourselves we are able to truly love and help other people.
Love is probably one of my favorite topics because I truly believe that love can literally make the world go round but it all starts with loving ourselves first. When I talk about loving ourselves I mean loving everything about us including the beautiful qualities we have, things we migh...
... middle of paper ...
...ator, your dashboard, basically anywhere and everywhere where you will be reminded to repeat them and this will help you start rewriting your brain to believe in your awesome self!
It 's so sad to see many people not truly loving themselves and putting conditions on when they will love themselves like when they get a better job, a new home, lose weight, etc. Make a decision right now to love yourself as the person you are right now in this moment. I feel that if you are not willing to start today then you will keep finding excuses and you can go your entire life with excuses on why you can 't genuinely love yourself and this I promise will keep you from creating the reality you truly desire.
Before going on to the next chapter I challenge you to say "I love myself unconditionally" twenty times and if possible look at yourself in the mirror as you say this out loud.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For these questions to be answered, we have to understand what self-concept is. Self-concept is a person’s description of who the person thinks he or she is. Basically, it is filtered through our own perceptions of ourselves. 1. Attitudes that I have that create or shape my self-concept: 1) I like to read – I feel this shapes my identity because it has allowed me to learn new words and think interpret things differently. I also create a label of being a intelligent person due to reading any book I can get and exploring more things.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Love]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- Self-care has a very different meaning for people. It varies from person to person and can be based on age, gender, religion, occupation, and their type of lifestyle that they live. For myself, my self-care has changed since starting nursing school and I now know have to look at it in terms of nursing. Although my self-care has not changed substantially I now have to realize that being a nurse, I will have more responsibility’s and will be taking care of others and I cannot take care of others until I take care of myself.... [tags: Nursing, Health, Obesity, Weight loss]
1394 words (4 pages)
- Self-denial A traditional approach to spiritual realization would include repetitive prayer, painful disciplines, suffering misfortune, social isolation, and poverty. Most who take such a path of self-denial expect to realize something of great value and personal significance; but there is an incongruity in practicing self-denial as a means of self-awareness. The end negates the means. The objective refutes the methodology. The destination denies the journey. If there is any validity to self-denial then ignorance is the only end that would be justified by such means.... [tags: Mind, Spirituality, Thought, Consciousness]
945 words (2.7 pages)
- To know yourself, you must truly dig deep within you to find out what you are made of. An individual can learn a lot about himself or herself through evaluating their life based on the leisure definition. My three major roles in my life are a loving daughter/sister, dedicated student and a competitive athlete. Leisure is defined as, the experience of living a moment of positive self-expression (Pavelka, 2000). Based on the definition, it can be split into three components, which are, the experience, living in the moment, and a positive self-expression.... [tags: Life, Meaning of life, Stress, Stress]
1419 words (4.1 pages)
- Self-Description I consider myself to be a very driven person.. I’m eager in my classes, and love to engage in discussions with my professors and classmates. I was an avid reader as a child and took a deep interest in psychology when I was in middle school. I find it fulfilling to see the amount of progress I’ve made when I look back on my achievements. Supportive is another word I would use to describe myself. Whether providing an assuring, non-judgmental presence in order to be a good friend or honestly giving advice where it’s needed, I believe I’m good at being both a listener and an adviser.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Friendship]
1678 words (4.8 pages)
- Life Mission Statement My ultimate life mission is to be able to say that I’ve accomplished or fulfilled God 's purpose for my life here on earth. What am I about. I am about love and forgiveness. "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you" (Ephesians 4:32). At a young age, my father instilled in me the power of love and forgiveness; he taught these things in word and also through his actions. What are the character qualities I would like to emulate.... [tags: Love, Meaning of life, Happiness, Personal life]
1531 words (4.4 pages)
- Personal development itself involves self-awareness, self-esteem, self-direction and self-efficacy, which leads to a life of personal, family, work and social welfare, which aims to achieve a path of transformation and personal excellence to be leaders of the new century . Succeed or succeed has always been what man has in mind when starting any project or task, which is why the development of the individual has managed to obtain an important and momentous place in the last decades, appearing many authors regard.... [tags: Self-esteem, Psychology, Human, Motivation]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- Self Esteem Happiness is in and of itself a complex concept; it is both the basis and product of self esteem. Self esteem is our feeling of self worth based on our accomplishments or what we believe we are capable of accomplishing. (Carr Kindle Locations 5017-5018). High self esteem has been a very controversial subject in that the development of self esteem could be derived from positive personal, social and occupational interaction or these activities could be what gives a person a high self esteem (Carr Kindle Location 5071).... [tags: Self-esteem, Motivation, Personal life, Happiness]
1251 words (3.6 pages)
- Personal Analysis Personal attributes help define the key characteristics about a person. I recently took five self-assessments to see what my character and personality traits were. Sometimes you think you know who you are and then you take these surveys and it really pulls out your strong points and shows your true values and personalities. Here I will analyze and discuss the five assessments that I have recently done. One assessment I did was a value survey. Here we had a list of 18 values for each terminal values which are the desired end result and instrumental values which are the means to achieving the end result.... [tags: Personality psychology, Trait theory]
1899 words (5.4 pages)
- Personal Statement Hmmm………What shall I tell you about me. You, the person who will decide my fate, my fate as to whether I would go to CU-Boulder, go live in Colorado, go snowboarding in the mountains, meet lots of interesting people, and have the most wonderful experience…I better make myself sound worthy. First off, I want you to know that I'm an unparalleled individual, whose outlook on life is of total optimism. Through out my 18 years, I've become freinds with people from all walks of life.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
1736 words (5 pages)