During my Intro into Public Administration, we focused on a variety of the issues faced in Public Administration today. I was unaware of a lot of the issues surrounding my chosen career path, but after a few months on the subject, I feel much more prepared to understand the ethical and critical issues of the world of public service. In my essay, “The Critical Issues in Public Administration Today,” I addressed the role that effective administrative leaders pursue in effect reorganization and the ability to make ethical and logical decisions.
Public Administrators are faced with many decisions on a regular basis that often impact a large group of individuals. Due to that fact, their decisions are often very critical and must be carefully thought out to understand the effect it can have. My final essay for my Intro to Public Administration class provided value to my education and allowed me to analyze situations of successful or unsuccessful reorganization and when ethical decision-making came into play.
... middle of paper ...
...ally the ideal way to treat conflict and instead of viewing it as good or bad, to view it as a way to integrate ideas. Integration was the true way to bring a harmonious environment to an organization. Prior to reading Follett, I had never viewed conflict in this manner and it was certainly eye opening to view it in such a different light.
In addition to pursuing my Masters in Public Administration, I completed my Certificate in Nonprofit Management. Two of the courses I fulfilled were Marketing for Nonprofits and Fundraising for Nonprofits. After graduation, I plan to continue my pursuit of a career in fundraising and marketing for nonprofits and these two classes were fundamental to it. My Marketing course centered on partnering with a nonprofit of my choice to analyze their current marketing efforts and create a marketing plan for the nonprofit moving forwards.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I am pursuing a Master of Planning/Master of Public Administration dual degree in order to complement and leverage the business management experience gained in the corporate world to help environmental conservation non-governmental organizations achieve their missions of sustainable development. During my 20+ years in Corporate America, primarily in information technology and mortgage finance, I procured a diverse set of skills – business and financial management, project work, operations and human resources management – that are valuable to any organization, profit-oriented or mission-based.... [tags: Personal Statement]
1065 words (3 pages)
- I have known for a long time that I would love to have a career in public service; thus, I pursued my bachelor’s degree in the department of Public Administration at Selcuk University, Turkey. In Turkey, enrollment to the university is based on one’s performance in central examination. Fortunately, my score in that exam allowed me to study in one of the best universities, Selcuk University. After four years of my undergraduate, I applied and was awarded to Ministry of National Education’s scholarship, which sponsors my master and doctorate degree abroad.... [tags: Doctorate, Academic degree, Doctor of Philosophy]
772 words (2.2 pages)
- ... The game of cricket taught me how to analyze, work as a team and under high-pressure situation. In addition, local community honored me for organizing our quarterly dental checkup camps. I learned that giving back to the community is not only important but also imperative for my school and me. The four years of dental school laid a strong foundation of medicine/dentistry and overview of healthcare industry in my mind and I realized it is an excellent system with effective outcomes. But to my disbelief during my public health research projects the results were contradictory.... [tags: public health, research]
1067 words (3 pages)
Public Policy And Administration And The Msc Political Science And Political Economy Programmes At The Department Of Government
- Personal Statement Introduction: I am writing to apply for the MSc Public Policy and Administration and the MSc Political Science and Political Economy programmes at the Department of Government at LSE. I have graduated from the University of New South Wales with a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Commerce with a Major in Finance. I was recently admitted to the New South Wales Supreme Court as a qualified lawyer. I have obtained a Cambridge AICE Diploma with Distinction from High School (AAAB), and I have managed to maintain an average of Distinction for my undergraduate studies which roughly translates to a First Class Honours under the British classification.... [tags: Economics, Government, Management consulting]
1405 words (4 pages)
- Public Affairs is split into two different concentrations, public policy and public administration. Public policy deals with how government decides, or doesn’t decide, how to fix issues. Public administration is the implementation of these policies made by congress. There are many different components to public administration; concepts I found to be central to my thinking of public affairs is leadership, honor, ethics, accountability, and social equity. Over this course, I have grown personally and intellectually by the different perspectives and concepts shared in this class.... [tags: Ethics, Sociology, Public administration]
1883 words (5.4 pages)
- A person choosing what to do as a career is probably one of the hardest decisions they will ever make in their life. There are numerous options for education that will get a person to the same career goal. Usually, this means deciding among options such as a technical degree, a community college, or a university. After making this tough choice, the decision making process is far from over. Not only does the person need to choose what type of school they attend, such as private or public, but they also must choose where and most importantly with what degree.... [tags: Education]
1772 words (5.1 pages)
- Why Study Public Administration. The role of a public administration demonstrates the government and self-government in its new political and economical conditions. The primary focus of public administration solely relies on providing public services but not limited to traditional services such as health care, transport services and municipal. In the realm of public administration, there are many challenges and complex issues that are faced on a daily basis and perhaps sometimes longer. Studying public administration provides numerous avenues towards transforming and implementing change.... [tags: Public administration, Government]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- A family vacation in 2000 at a Himalayan hill station charted my future career. While enjoying the serene environment of the place, I also watched with dismay the havoc being inflicted on pristine nature in the name of progress. I then made up my mind to make environment my choice of study. By then I was already selected for engineering admission and I opted for Civil Engineering which was the mother branch of Environmental Engineering then. I volunteered to work as an intern during my final year with an Environmental Project consultancy.... [tags: environment engineering, education]
517 words (1.5 pages)
- temper their need for public acclaim and financial reward with strong intrinsic motivations” (George, Sims, McLean, & Mayer, 2007). In 2014, Hannah, Avolio, and Walumbwa theorized that “authentic leaders are driven by internalized regulatory processes in the pursuit of an integrated set of goals…” This statement supports the various proposals that the authentic leader is inherently motivated (Hannah, Avolio & Walumwa 2014). Section Two The process of leadership aspiration requires a sincere, consistent, and conscious evaluation of the individual’s position relative to the goals set.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Leader, Coaching]
886 words (2.5 pages)
- To achieve greatness, I believe that talent and hard work, even though essential, are not abundant, one should also pursue passion oriented dreams. It took me some time to find out how to chase my dreams in the real world. When I was twenty years old, I was studying Engineering at The University of Technology. At that time, I did not know what could be my dream, but I certainly came to understand what could NOT be my dream: being an engineer or a faculty member in the Engineering field. The reason was simple.... [tags: admission essay]
840 words (2.4 pages)