Successful marriages are dependent upon spouses sharing time with one another. Every married couple needs to set time aside to exclusively focus upon one another. Consequently, it is important married couples to examine their calendars, know each other’s schedules, and plan to spend time together. Intentional planning is essential to companionship; the busy modern world has a way of filling in nonobligatory time with other important issues. Married couples need to make time for what they value and work around everything else.
Concrete experience My busy schedule has often made it challenging to meet all of my marital obligations. However, proper time management has enabled me to make the best of a challenging situation. In our home, I have a typed schedule that is printed up each week and placed next to our monthly calendar. Events that are important to our family are printed on the monthly calendar and we try to participate in them together as much as possible. A list of chores that need to be completed on time is also next to the calendar.
This minimalizes discretionary time, thus enabling my wife and myself to spend more time together. Practicing proper time management promotes companionship within a marriage. This is a twofold effect. Owing to the fact, that as a couple, my wife and I have denoted which leisure time activities are important, and which chores are important. Consequently, we spend more leisure time together. In addition, we also spend more time together working on domestic projects, thus enhancing companionship.
For example, we enjoy vacations, watching our daughters’ basketball games, and going to family gatherings. These are great opportunities for us to bond with one another. Equally importan...
... middle of paper ...
...f these aspects over the last 16 years in our improved relationship to one another and our increased happiness. I have benefitted personally from these aspects, I take on greater challenges than if I were alone and feel confident that I can rely upon my spouse for her support. These two factors have given me increased self-esteem. Because of my interest in mutual spiritual commitment, adhering to shared moral values, and companionship I have been able to develop and grow my relationship with my wife. My particular study and learning concerning mutual spiritual commitment, adhering to shared moral values, and companionship, has encouraged me to put them into practice and foster a healthier marriage. Furthermore, these aspects have helped me to understand how close relationships between people work and how to nurture them in ways which benefit both partners.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Personal Strategic Management Plan: Vision Statement: My vision is to have a plan for where my life is heading, to be able to adapt to the inevitable changes that arise, and keep my values in tact that help me to live a meaningful and valued life. Mission: The core values that will help maintain my vision are: • Ambition • Responsibility • Commitment • Innovation • Dependability • A balance of flexibility and stability Stakeholder Identification: My stakeholders include family, the company I work for, coworkers, friends, and the local community.... [tags: Strategic management, Management, Strategy map]
1584 words (4.5 pages)
- This proposal recommends that research be conducted in order to understand the benefits of proper team development in businesses and organizations. The proposal insists that the team approach to business and management is highly advantageous if developed and managed properly. When employees or volunteers have been assembled into a team, the efficiency and effectiveness increases significantly through the collaboration of different specialties and ideas. This can only be achieved if employees on every level of the management hierarchy are hired and organized by human resource management to be complementary to the established team.... [tags: Management, Human resources]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- With the increasing rate of the change in both business and economics leaders need to be more prepared to adapt and grow than ever before. With the myriad of advancements and modifications that have occurred holistically in the variety of influential sectors, there has come the need for dynamic and rounded leadership. For a leader to grow, advance, and otherwise generate levels of sufficient proficiency they must find personally assess their strengths and weaknesses and create a leadership development plan (Wille, Beyers, & De Fruyt, 2012).... [tags: Management, Leadership, Employment]
2081 words (5.9 pages)
- Introduction When it comes to management and leadership within any organization, there are fundamental components to consider, of which, managers of all backgrounds embody. One way to briefly assess these foundations is through Personal Assessment of Management Skills (PAMS), allowing examination of skill competencies from a number of strengths and weaknesses that can be brought to attention. This analysis will briefly discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the PAMS examination results and analyze the skill competencies and how they impact the role as an ethical leader.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Skill, Adaptive Behavior]
1214 words (3.5 pages)
- Self-care is a necessary practice in everyone’s life. This practice allows people to relax and replenished themselves. The first time I heard of this term was in during one of my social work classes. As we began to discuss self-care it became clear, that without proper self-care people, not just social workers are doing themselves a disservice. Self-care encompasses more than general rest. Self-care deals with emotional wellbeing, good health and spiritual wellbeing. All of these areas are key to having good self-care.... [tags: Health, Personal life, Quality time, Life]
1024 words (2.9 pages)
- Personal Statement for Civil and Structural Engineering I am a resourceful and well-rounded team player who delivers results to enable organizational success. I have proven ability to work with management to integrate the health safety, security, and environment function within the overall business strategy. After completing my Master 's degree, I have become deeply aware of the urgency of environmental issues, especially for a country like Cameroon. Among all the issues, medical waste problem might be the outstanding.... [tags: Waste management, Waste, Health care]
1408 words (4 pages)
- Every Sunday morning I was expected to be well groomed, wearing fancy clothes, consisting of a white button-down, black dress pants, and a navy blue tie. It was God’s day as I had to attend church under the authority of my mother, despite being an atheist. Before the service began, I felt obliged to make small-talk with my acquaintances, assist in arranging the room, and closing off prayers by saying “Amen” in spite of having a conflicting belief system. I chose to do so due to the love and affection that I have towards my parents and to please and satisfy them.... [tags: Sociology, Erving Goffman, Symbolic interactionism]
871 words (2.5 pages)
- Introduction My overall work experience offered me a variety of occupational and learning merits in my professional life. Leadership skills provided me expertise and understanding that have allowed me to comprehend the potential personnel as well as helped me in choosing the correct sector in which to work. In this paper, I will share my working experience and leadership characteristics which actually encouraged me to learn practical knowledge and professional success. Also, it has heartened my occupational approach and social know-how while performing in a group surrounded by a multi-talented workforce with a range of skills, knowledge and functional techniques.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Skill]
1342 words (3.8 pages)
- Aliscia S. Malone Discussion Board Forum 3 Reply 2 Liberty Un iversity I definitely agree with your statement regarding change. Change is always difficult in the workplace. This is especially true for older people that are use to doing things a particular way for 20 or 30 years. Although change is inevitable, it’s just not embraced in the workplace when it’s introduced abruptly. Robbins & Judge (2009), states that “communication serves four major functions within a group or organization: control, motivation, emotional expression, and information” (p.351).... [tags: Leadership, Situational leadership theory]
2048 words (5.9 pages)
- From the management accounting viewpoint of business, the process of decision-making is the main aim of management accounting. The way of how accountants make their decisions has been studied and investigated widely. It is very helpful in management accounting to categorize decisions in to strategic and tactical and in to short run and long run decisions. The objective of management accounting is to make a good decision as the process of management decision-making is extremely subjective. A good decision is depends on the aims and purposes of management.... [tags: Business Management]
2521 words (7.2 pages)