I love to solve problems and work well under stress. In the long-term my goal is to utilize these two qualities to do supply chain management-related consulting work in either the retail or manufacturing sectors in the area of crisis management. A graduate degree and a career in a related field will serve as two stepping stones toward achieving this goal. A substantial amount of industry specific knowledge will be required to do this type of work. I can achieve this level of knowledge through a combination of continued education and work experience.
For my senior capstone project, I am working in a five person group to create a comprehensive business strategy for the new arena being constructed in the downtown Evansville, IN area. Upon completion of this project, we will be presenting it to both those in charge of designing and those in charge of operating the arena. In a year-long entrepreneurship class, I was able to work with a small group to research and create a comprehensive business plan f...
... middle of paper ...
...rs and competitive environment. The requirement to participate in some professional development seminars is one thing, but the option to participate in more than the requirement shows that the Walton MBA program is focused on developing the most well-rounded business professionals possible. Having come from a liberal arts undergraduate program this focus on well-roundedness is very important to me. This school also appears to be heavily focused on maintaining a competitive environment not only among individuals but within teams. The numerous competitions which teams have the opportunity to participate in should provide quite an advantage in the corporate world. Above all, the University of Arkansas provides an MBA program which is highly regarded in the business community and which would continue to provide an edge in an increasingly competitive business environment.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Financial Analysis A mission statement is a written statement that tells others what the company does. The mission statement in a very short form explains to readers how they operate in a general sense. Mission statements are not super specific or detailed just general. “A mission statement is a concise statement of a company 's reason for being, what it actually does, and for whom. It should contain what products and services the company produces for which target market, as well as how it considers itself different or unique.... [tags: Strategic planning, Statements, Mission statement]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- Personal Statement Please discuss the following items in the order given. Briefly respond to all areas listed. 1. How was your interest in Pharmacy as a career developed. Since my early schooling days, science and mathematics have always fascinated me given that all components of the world are explained on the basis of these disciplines. In this regard, Pharmacy which is based on Chemistry and Mathematics has interested me a great deal as it has direct impacts on our daily lives. The more I have become familiar with the chemistry and mathematics knowledge involved in pharmacy, the more I have appreciated its significance in improving the lives of people in the community.... [tags: Admissions Statement]
1564 words (4.5 pages)
- Personal Statement: My transition from high school to college was not flawless; the first two semesters were academically frustrating. In high school, I was successful with minimal foresight. I quickly found that this was not the case in college. While my first semester grades were not terrible, I knew it was not my personal best. Despite increased efforts, I completed the second semester with a GPA lower than my first. Although my course load was heavy, the classes challenging, and my schedule full of outside rehearsals, I wanted to improve.... [tags: Personal Experience]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Law is a magnificent puppeteer which aims to control civilisations. The great philosopher Aristotle stated: 'Law should govern'. In view of that, the regulation of a society should be based on these set of rules established by an authority, which are designed to create economic, social and political stability. It is what maintains our societies and prevents an eruption of chaos and destruction. Law has an impact on everything we do, from creating a personal statement where copyright infringement laws take prevalence, deterring individuals from engaging in plagiarism, to criminal law which protects society from harmful individuals.... [tags: Personal Ambition]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- I have been working as a parent liaison for the past 12 years a parent liaison is someone who works in the school system assisting parents with education in the parental field trying to help with computer skills phone skills and simple thing professional phone skills. I do daily attendance as I work with the school truancy department to make sure that the parents understand the important of education. I also coach college cheerleaders and teach dance. Just to live comfortable and it is very hard.... [tags: Personal Experience]
2255 words (6.4 pages)
- Growing up as the son of a rural Iowa veterinarian, I got my first experience in a medical field while riding along with my dad on calls, and from an early age my interest was piqued. It was the first of multiple experiences that pointed me toward a career in physical therapy. In my elementary and junior high years, a couple of elderly neighbor ladies often called on me to help them with chores around their homes and yards. This is where I first discovered my love of working to help others. It was rewarding beyond any payment to know that I was helping them live independently a little longer, even if I was only playing a small part by doing their odd jobs.... [tags: Personal Experience]
754 words (2.2 pages)
- I learned from the high school class I taught that two people can be looking at the same thing but each see something very different. The teacher (me) was white, privileged, and coddled throughout my suburban childhood and adolescence. Most students in my class were black or brown, poor, and grew up mostly on their own, living on the unforgiving urban street. They opened my eyes (often against my will and certainly against my “druthers”) to their alternative society. I learned that this hidden society exists unseen and mostly ignored within the larger normal American society of laws, schools, careers, and families; it comes to the attention of general society’s gatekeepers only at points of... [tags: Personal Experience, Autobiography]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- Philosophy/Personal Statement I was a bad student in high school. I didn’t study, I got bad grades, I had an attitude, and I disrespected my teachers. I’d like to believe that this was because I was brilliant and existentially bored with the pedestrian intellect of my peers. I’d like to believe that it was because my school was so retrograde and repressive that I was placed into a hopeless situation. But that wasn’t it. I wasn’t especially brilliant; my peers were actually pretty smart; and my school was, all things considered, a reasonably decent place.... [tags: Personal Experience]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- Personal Statement Two weeks had already passed and I began to realize the strike would most likely continue on into the next week as well. I was anxious for the only strike in the ninety-year history of UPS to be over. The first week was almost a novelty, a rather large social event with my fellow workers. As the days passed and the second week came to a close, the novelty had worn off. My fellow Teamster members and I had stood on the picket line for two weeks now, eagerly awaiting word of a contract agreement between the union and the company.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
767 words (2.2 pages)
- Personal Statement Hmmm………What shall I tell you about me. You, the person who will decide my fate, my fate as to whether I would go to CU-Boulder, go live in Colorado, go snowboarding in the mountains, meet lots of interesting people, and have the most wonderful experience…I better make myself sound worthy. First off, I want you to know that I'm an unparalleled individual, whose outlook on life is of total optimism. Through out my 18 years, I've become freinds with people from all walks of life.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
1736 words (5 pages)