In later years, my mother used this story as a lesson for me to understand that you cannot redo some situations. Most of the time you have to be responsible and deal with the mistakes you make. “I never considered an abortion or adoption. I knew this was the consequence of my actions and I would never put myself ahead of another human life. In the big scheme of things it only matters now that I would be a teenage mother. I knew in 5, 10, 20 years my age would not come into question.” When you make decisions you think you are ready for, you must deal with the consequences of your actions. However, there...
... middle of paper ...
...pic. Andrea had turned into a very wise woman; she at one point told me that “If you can’t see your boyfriend being the father of your baby, then you shouldn’t have sex with him.”
Through the nine short months, my mother was constantly preparing for my arrival and then the real adventure would begin. As I tell this story, I can see how this huge period of my mother’s life developed her into the woman I see today. Ever since she was a teenager, she was selfless and dedicated her entire life to me. Andrea was much more than a strong woman, she proved that she could do anything she set her mind to. Although Andrea was not able to farther her education into college, she has still became a successful career woman. She now works a position that most people would need a degree for. She wanted to be the best mother she could be and she has ultimately became a great mother.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My first objective was to use knowledge to promote healthy learning environment. While working in the classroom and prior to me completing my week of internship. The lead teacher Mrs. Tammy taught me various procedures to perform while in the classroom she told me that it is very vital that I perform these tasks. There are so many steps rules and procedures to insure that the class room is maintained in a healthy environment for the children. Every morning I did the Daily Morning Health Check as the children walked through the door with the parents.... [tags: Childcare, Day care, Communication, Babysitting]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Las Vegas, the city known for their flashy strip and gorgeous hotels, is one of the most sought out cities in the world. Idolized for their outrageous parties and extravagant conventions, was definitely on my “places-to-go” list. For years my parents preached about how they would take me, but those promises weren’t kept. It was a series of spontaneous events that help push me toward my sought out destination. Entering in the fall of my freshman year in high school, I was somewhat reluctant to start school again.... [tags: Las Vegas Strip, Hotel]
1129 words (3.2 pages)
- Finance is a field that had always fascinated me right from my undergraduate college days. What make me interested in this particular field of study are the art of finance and the complexity of investment market which would allow me to employ my personal skills, such as analytical and communication skills, along with my personal characteristics such as dedication and compassion for what I do. As one of the most important sector in the world, I believe it would provide me with a broad range of career options.... [tags: Personal Statement Examples]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- he bathroom design ideas that you use can have a dramatic impact on the appearance and functionality of your bathroom. The bathroom is a room that will be visited often every day and you want this space to be comfortable, usable, appealing and safe to be in while fitting into the overall style and decor of your home. Here are bathroom ideas to consider as you are planning this important room: 1 - Add a Mirror - mirrors on the bathroom walls will give the appearance of windows being there, will reflect light and extend the room.... [tags: Lighting, Light, Bathroom, Track lighting]
787 words (2.2 pages)
- When it comes to putting together a new bathroom, the process seems like it simply calls for a tub, toilet, and sink to be fitted into a room and then the bathroom is finished. All that would remain to do would be to add a few decorations and then your bathroom should be done. While this may work for a basic utilitarian bathroom, this haphazard process won't work if you want a beautiful bathroom that adds to the ambiance and value of your home. For that, you need to develop some solid bathroom floor plans.... [tags: Electricity-Efficient Fixtures, Accessories]
550 words (1.6 pages)
- Personal Statement A personal statement is a document required in education programs as well as when one is applying for a job. It is a document that is written to describe a person’s strength or weakness. It is therefore an important document that one must always have ready any time anywhere. Personal statements do not have to look the same. They may be written focusing on one’s interest for example a personal statement written specifically to apply for a specific job. What appears inside is what gives that person credibility on whether to get the job or not.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Statements, Want]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Cleaning the Bathroom I don’t need to tell you that bathrooms get dirty quickly. On second thought, maybe I do, because sometimes I don’t think you notice. Our bathrooms need to get cleaned once a week. These instructions apply regardless of what bathroom you have been assigned to clean. This section describes how to clean three components of the bathroom: • Toilets • Sinks • Showers General principles for cleaning the bathroom There are some general principles that apply when cleaning any aspect of the washroom.... [tags: Plumbing, Shower, Bathroom, Hygiene, Bathtub]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Personal Statement Please discuss the following items in the order given. Briefly respond to all areas listed. 1. How was your interest in Pharmacy as a career developed. Since my early schooling days, science and mathematics have always fascinated me given that all components of the world are explained on the basis of these disciplines. In this regard, Pharmacy which is based on Chemistry and Mathematics has interested me a great deal as it has direct impacts on our daily lives. The more I have become familiar with the chemistry and mathematics knowledge involved in pharmacy, the more I have appreciated its significance in improving the lives of people in the community.... [tags: Admissions Statement]
1564 words (4.5 pages)
- Philosophy/Personal Statement I was a bad student in high school. I didn’t study, I got bad grades, I had an attitude, and I disrespected my teachers. I’d like to believe that this was because I was brilliant and existentially bored with the pedestrian intellect of my peers. I’d like to believe that it was because my school was so retrograde and repressive that I was placed into a hopeless situation. But that wasn’t it. I wasn’t especially brilliant; my peers were actually pretty smart; and my school was, all things considered, a reasonably decent place.... [tags: Personal Experience]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- I have been working as a parent liaison for the past 12 years a parent liaison is someone who works in the school system assisting parents with education in the parental field trying to help with computer skills phone skills and simple thing professional phone skills. I do daily attendance as I work with the school truancy department to make sure that the parents understand the important of education. I also coach college cheerleaders and teach dance. Just to live comfortable and it is very hard.... [tags: Personal Experience]
2255 words (6.4 pages)