Before I was blessed to have a lovely wife in my life, I was a single male just attempting to discover myself and find my niche that I belonged in as a functioning adult. Being single had blessed me with the time needed that I may mature to be a responsible, caring adult. From the time I was entered adulthood at eighteen to the time I was 25, those seven years were the most crucial experiences as an adult, much like an infant attempting to take their first steps. In this Life Learning paper on single lifestyle, I will discuss my love life, my finances, and my housing situations.
During my single life, I had very few girls that I dated; to get to the point, I only dated two women, my high school sweetheart, and my wife. My high school sweetheart was Sarah, and my wife is Callie. Sarah and I had known each other since we were five, but we had not started dating until we were seniors in high school. Callie on the other hand was another story, we had a blind date thanks to modern technology, and she had answered a personal ad that I placed on craigslist. Callie later became my fiancé and wife. Given that Sarah was my high school sweetheart, I had lived a mere three miles from her house my entire primary school experience (K-12), in a rural central Indiana county. Sarah and I dated from the day after I turned 18 my senior year to the day I turned 21, the three years that I dated her were from November of 2004 to November 2007. By dating her I learned what I wanted in my significant other and what I could exclude.
It is amazing that a blind date who lived in Shawnee, KS and while I lived in Northwest Kansas City would have worked out to later become married, I knew then that the mi...
... middle of paper ...
... was a shock to me because I didn’t know where Kansas City was on a map let alone been there. Given that, I had never been to KC before I was granted a grand total of three days to travel to KC and find a place to live. I ended finding a place to live in northwest KC by the airport, this location was safe, clean and secure. I had enjoyed that location, especially after five months when I had met a beautiful young woman named Callie. My job was a high travel position, were I reported to manager wherever I had a laptop and a cellphone, so meeting people friends was not easy. Since I lived by myself in a city I knew nobody, I was forced to become self-sufficient, from cooking, cleaning, finding entertainment, and more. Living in that two-bed apartment, by myself broke down my comfort zone forcing me to adventure just so I could have social interactions with people.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Fat and Crippled to Lean and Strong Health and Fitness was always the number one priority for myself until it wasn’t. All through childhood and throughout my time in the service I was always conscious about my health. I wanted to be better, stronger, and faster than everyone. After suffering from numerous injuries during my last several years in the service I found myself making excuses for not working out or eating unhealthy. I was unable to work out to the level that I once could which snowballed into me jumping to over 30% body fat after I got out of the service.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Adipose tissue, Muscle]
1842 words (5.3 pages)
- . Self-employed people are generally happier at work than people working for companies . Least happy professions are: social workers, civil servants, estate agents, secretaries, administrators . Happiest jobs: Clergy, Chief Executives, Managers in agriculture, Company secretaries, Quality assurance and regulatory professionals, Health care practise managers, Medical practitioners, Farmers and hotel managers Other factors which contribute to happiness and motivation . Having a variety of tasks to do.... [tags: Happiness, Personal life, Meaning of life]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- The field tree was such an odd choice of location for my grandmother’s ashes, but my aunts and uncles were adamant about this decision because of the love she had for its beauty. It’s such a shame that it takes a tragic, life-changing experience before most people to appreciate life itself; this was my story and what possibly saved my life. Five years ago I was an entirely different person, the woman I am today despises who I used to be. I was living between my parent’s house and my ex-boyfriend’s (Jason) grandmothers house at age 26; an overweight, unemployed party animal with no drive, motivation, or intention of ever doing anything different.... [tags: Family, Nursing, Grandparent, The Ashes]
1837 words (5.2 pages)
- A person’s character is developed from their personal accomplishments, achievements, experiences and life circumstances. For me, many events have helped form me into the man I am today. Ever since I was young, my mother installed a sense of competition into me. I always had to be the best at everything I did; whether it was sports, school, or even a family board game at home, I had to win. I began playing every possible sport available since I was three years old and this only made my competitiveness thrive even more.... [tags: character, education, bachelors]
592 words (1.7 pages)
- Single system designs are a way for social workers to evaluate their programs and practices. This type of research consists of repeatedly testing for a dependent variable before, during, and after an intervention has been implemented. It can be used with either micro or macro systems, and can provide both quantitative and qualitative results (Royse, Thyer & Patgett, 2010). The intervention used can be a simple design, which shows whether or not a change happened, or something more complex, which shows if the program or practice being studied was the cause of the change.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Goal, Weight loss]
1938 words (5.5 pages)
- Every Action has an Effect Every action that is taken comes back to affect a person in either a positive or negative way. I am not exempt from this statement. There have been many negative events in my life, but there have also been many positive ones. We have to keep enduring our race and not allow these events change the person that we are. Many things have happened since I was born in 1999, but the three that have affected me the most are the launch of the iPod, the housing market crash of 2009, and the legalization of gay marriage.... [tags: Homosexuality, Same-sex marriage, Real estate]
772 words (2.2 pages)
- 1.1 Introduction In order to reduce work-life conflict and allow employees to manage their personal as well as professional life in an equally efficient manner, the concept of work life balance is gaining popularity amongst various organizations. There been a paradigm shift in the thought process of taking work life balance as only means of allowing employees to give equal attention towards their family responsibilities from only looking at them from the perspective of their contribution towards enhancing organizational performance and along with this it is also helpful in engaging employee and giving them a sense of pride to work in the particular environment.... [tags: employees, policy, study]
2675 words (7.6 pages)
- Finance is a field that had always fascinated me right from my undergraduate college days. What make me interested in this particular field of study are the art of finance and the complexity of investment market which would allow me to employ my personal skills, such as analytical and communication skills, along with my personal characteristics such as dedication and compassion for what I do. As one of the most important sector in the world, I believe it would provide me with a broad range of career options.... [tags: Personal Statement Examples]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- Personal Statement A personal statement is a document required in education programs as well as when one is applying for a job. It is a document that is written to describe a person’s strength or weakness. It is therefore an important document that one must always have ready any time anywhere. Personal statements do not have to look the same. They may be written focusing on one’s interest for example a personal statement written specifically to apply for a specific job. What appears inside is what gives that person credibility on whether to get the job or not.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Statements, Want]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Personal Statement Please discuss the following items in the order given. Briefly respond to all areas listed. 1. How was your interest in Pharmacy as a career developed. Since my early schooling days, science and mathematics have always fascinated me given that all components of the world are explained on the basis of these disciplines. In this regard, Pharmacy which is based on Chemistry and Mathematics has interested me a great deal as it has direct impacts on our daily lives. The more I have become familiar with the chemistry and mathematics knowledge involved in pharmacy, the more I have appreciated its significance in improving the lives of people in the community.... [tags: Admissions Statement]
1564 words (4.5 pages)