As Robbins and Judge pointed out, perceived organizational support can also increase citizenship behavior and job performance. When hearing an associate’s story during icebreaker exercises, it is commonplace for the more tenured associates to talk about how supportive the company has been in a time of need. These associates also tend to perform consistently better than associates who have become dissatisfied with the company, typically due to feeling unsupported. As Peter 4:8-10 states, “Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace”. With this thought in mind, I work to provide the same support to my team of associates that I have received throughout my career in the hopes of bonding them to the company as well as helping them achieve the goals they set for themselves.
Robbins, S. P., & Judge, T....
... middle of paper ...
...these behaviors can be tied to a perception of fairness and trust in management. In order to create this environment of trust, a supervisor or manager adopt a covenant perspective, wherein he or she encourages the associates to care for each other and offer their support to one another. As stated in Matthew 7:12, “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets”. By treating his employees as he wishes to be treated, a supervisor instills a supportive environment onto his team. Not only does this environment lead to a happier work environment, it contributes to job satisfaction by encouraging OCB, which in turn leads to better advancement opportunities.
Robbins, S. P., & Judge, T. A. (2009). Organizational Behavior (pp. 79-123). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
Reply Quote Mark as Read
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction When it comes to management and leadership within any organization, there are fundamental components to consider, of which, managers of all backgrounds embody. One way to briefly assess these foundations is through Personal Assessment of Management Skills (PAMS), allowing examination of skill competencies from a number of strengths and weaknesses that can be brought to attention. This analysis will briefly discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the PAMS examination results and analyze the skill competencies and how they impact the role as an ethical leader.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Skill, Adaptive Behavior]
1214 words (3.5 pages)
- Introduction: For this analysis, I choose to do a professional research paper on my Alma Mater, North Carolina Wesleyan College. After spending four years my life living and working on this beautiful campus, I now would like to use this paper as a reflection of my experiences. I am very familiar with this college and its organizational culture. I will answer my research question from the prior student prospective and as a current alumna. Not only was I just a student, I was very involved in my experience.... [tags: social events, campus, criminal records]
1319 words (3.8 pages)
- Leadership can be interpreted as how a person view him/herself as a reflection on his/her behavior and relationship towards others. The two main attributes of a leadership system are the leaders and their followers. The dynamics of relationship between a leader and his/her followers is often an indicator of the leadership quality. Incidentally, the dynamics of this relationship will much likely be affected by one’s self-concept. Thus, it is possible that leader’s and followers’ personal identity can act as both mediator and moderator of the interconnection between leaders and followers, and how they behave to construct the leadership system (Knippenberg, Cremer & Hogg, 2004).... [tags: leadership systems]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- Financial Analysis A mission statement is a written statement that tells others what the company does. The mission statement in a very short form explains to readers how they operate in a general sense. Mission statements are not super specific or detailed just general. “A mission statement is a concise statement of a company 's reason for being, what it actually does, and for whom. It should contain what products and services the company produces for which target market, as well as how it considers itself different or unique.... [tags: Strategic planning, Statements, Mission statement]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- Personal Statement A personal statement is a document required in education programs as well as when one is applying for a job. It is a document that is written to describe a person’s strength or weakness. It is therefore an important document that one must always have ready any time anywhere. Personal statements do not have to look the same. They may be written focusing on one’s interest for example a personal statement written specifically to apply for a specific job. What appears inside is what gives that person credibility on whether to get the job or not.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Statements, Want]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Finance is a field that had always fascinated me right from my undergraduate college days. What make me interested in this particular field of study are the art of finance and the complexity of investment market which would allow me to employ my personal skills, such as analytical and communication skills, along with my personal characteristics such as dedication and compassion for what I do. As one of the most important sector in the world, I believe it would provide me with a broad range of career options.... [tags: Personal Statement Examples]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- A focus on organizational success without regard to personal ego is also important. When we ignore individual egos and instead focus on organizational success our mission is accomplished in a better and faster manner.3This serves our customers faster and leads to our Warfighters receiving their needed parts and services faster. By focusing on continuously improving our processes we can have a substantial impact. Self-awareness is an important leadership trait. If a leader is aware of whom he or she is as a person, then this can help them serve others.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Employment, Better]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- I have been working as a parent liaison for the past 12 years a parent liaison is someone who works in the school system assisting parents with education in the parental field trying to help with computer skills phone skills and simple thing professional phone skills. I do daily attendance as I work with the school truancy department to make sure that the parents understand the important of education. I also coach college cheerleaders and teach dance. Just to live comfortable and it is very hard.... [tags: Personal Experience]
2255 words (6.4 pages)
- Personal Statement: My transition from high school to college was not flawless; the first two semesters were academically frustrating. In high school, I was successful with minimal foresight. I quickly found that this was not the case in college. While my first semester grades were not terrible, I knew it was not my personal best. Despite increased efforts, I completed the second semester with a GPA lower than my first. Although my course load was heavy, the classes challenging, and my schedule full of outside rehearsals, I wanted to improve.... [tags: Personal Experience]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Personal Statement Please discuss the following items in the order given. Briefly respond to all areas listed. 1. How was your interest in Pharmacy as a career developed. Since my early schooling days, science and mathematics have always fascinated me given that all components of the world are explained on the basis of these disciplines. In this regard, Pharmacy which is based on Chemistry and Mathematics has interested me a great deal as it has direct impacts on our daily lives. The more I have become familiar with the chemistry and mathematics knowledge involved in pharmacy, the more I have appreciated its significance in improving the lives of people in the community.... [tags: Admissions Statement]
1564 words (4.5 pages)
- My Life As A Doctoral Student
- The Invisible Woman By Bharati Mukherjee And Mother Tongue By Amy Tan
- The Speech On The National Anthem
- Impact Of The On Secondary Industries On Tertiary Industries Such As Education And Finance
- How The Military And Personnel Cuts Can Be Detrimental
- The Community At Best Buy