One weakness that I will begin with is the fact that the company struggles to find good employees. Unfortunately due to the nature of our work which is industrial cleaning we do not catch the eye of top employees. Industrial cleaning can be a dirty job and be tough at times due to being in slicker suits to perform the work. As you know there are not many people out there that says I want to go to work for this company because I enjoy wearing a slicker suit when it is eighty degrees or higher outside. In this situation I feel the company must do a better job during contract negotiations. If we were able to pay our employees better I think that it would attract more workers and make it a more desirable job to perform. Another way is to offer more ways of advancement. From what I have seen so far it is hard for employee to advance within the company. This leads me into another weakness which is promotions and advancement.
Many of our employees have been coming into the manager’s office asking when they will be able to get a raise. Unfortunately many of them walk away with the answers they do not want to here. Some of the answers are that work is slow and not a lot of money is coming into the branch. Raises are paid out of the branches separately so if that particular branch is not doing well this can effect raises and advancement. As you can see this makes it hard to keep good employees around. Just like many others the employees look for more money to provide for their ...
... middle of paper ...
...at exchanger business because we can now provide our customer with all three aspects when it comes to servicing an exchanger instead of them having to find a different contractor to make repairs when needed. We have also purchased a company that provides housekeeping and landscaping therefore making us even more of a one stop shop.
Our CEO has many ideas for our future and helping our business grow. We just have to do better at the smaller things like keeping our employee moral up so that we do not have a high turnover rate. As you can see we have a lot of positives and not too many negatives but, I have only been with the company for seven months so I am still learning our processes. I do believe that Hydrochem is a good company to work for and can provide a future for someone if wanted but, we have to be better at helping our employees grow within the company.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Finance is a field that had always fascinated me right from my undergraduate college days. What make me interested in this particular field of study are the art of finance and the complexity of investment market which would allow me to employ my personal skills, such as analytical and communication skills, along with my personal characteristics such as dedication and compassion for what I do. As one of the most important sector in the world, I believe it would provide me with a broad range of career options.... [tags: Personal Statement Examples]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- Statement of Purpose for Tony Harper “Never stop pursuing knowledge and education. These are things that no one can take from you regardless of what life throws at you.” This insightful piece of wisdom was offered to me by my grandfather, a professor at Northern Arizona University. He continually stressed to me that the attainment of knowledge and education are always worthwhile undertakings. For this reason I find myself unfulfilled unless some part of my days are spent actively seeking to further my current understanding of a given subject or endeavoring to learn a new one.... [tags: Personal Statement]
1481 words (4.2 pages)
- Personal Statement A personal statement is a document required in education programs as well as when one is applying for a job. It is a document that is written to describe a person’s strength or weakness. It is therefore an important document that one must always have ready any time anywhere. Personal statements do not have to look the same. They may be written focusing on one’s interest for example a personal statement written specifically to apply for a specific job. What appears inside is what gives that person credibility on whether to get the job or not.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Statements, Want]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Financial Analysis A mission statement is a written statement that tells others what the company does. The mission statement in a very short form explains to readers how they operate in a general sense. Mission statements are not super specific or detailed just general. “A mission statement is a concise statement of a company 's reason for being, what it actually does, and for whom. It should contain what products and services the company produces for which target market, as well as how it considers itself different or unique.... [tags: Strategic planning, Statements, Mission statement]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- Personal Finance Personal Finance is a class I’ve wanted to take for a while now. My major is Finance not because I want a career in finance but more to learn about finance for my own personal situation. This class taught me so much. During this class I was able to evaluate my financial situation and set financial goals for myself. The four topics that helped me the most were emergency savings, buying a car, purchasing a home, retirement, and estate planning. After completing this class I have a better understanding of these topics and how to achieve my financial goals.... [tags: Investment, Pension, Personal finance, Automobile]
1820 words (5.2 pages)
- Personal Statement Please discuss the following items in the order given. Briefly respond to all areas listed. 1. How was your interest in Pharmacy as a career developed. Since my early schooling days, science and mathematics have always fascinated me given that all components of the world are explained on the basis of these disciplines. In this regard, Pharmacy which is based on Chemistry and Mathematics has interested me a great deal as it has direct impacts on our daily lives. The more I have become familiar with the chemistry and mathematics knowledge involved in pharmacy, the more I have appreciated its significance in improving the lives of people in the community.... [tags: Admissions Statement]
1564 words (4.5 pages)
- I have been working as a parent liaison for the past 12 years a parent liaison is someone who works in the school system assisting parents with education in the parental field trying to help with computer skills phone skills and simple thing professional phone skills. I do daily attendance as I work with the school truancy department to make sure that the parents understand the important of education. I also coach college cheerleaders and teach dance. Just to live comfortable and it is very hard.... [tags: Personal Experience]
2255 words (6.4 pages)
- Personal Statement: My transition from high school to college was not flawless; the first two semesters were academically frustrating. In high school, I was successful with minimal foresight. I quickly found that this was not the case in college. While my first semester grades were not terrible, I knew it was not my personal best. Despite increased efforts, I completed the second semester with a GPA lower than my first. Although my course load was heavy, the classes challenging, and my schedule full of outside rehearsals, I wanted to improve.... [tags: Personal Experience]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Growing up as the son of a rural Iowa veterinarian, I got my first experience in a medical field while riding along with my dad on calls, and from an early age my interest was piqued. It was the first of multiple experiences that pointed me toward a career in physical therapy. In my elementary and junior high years, a couple of elderly neighbor ladies often called on me to help them with chores around their homes and yards. This is where I first discovered my love of working to help others. It was rewarding beyond any payment to know that I was helping them live independently a little longer, even if I was only playing a small part by doing their odd jobs.... [tags: Personal Experience]
754 words (2.2 pages)
- Law is a magnificent puppeteer which aims to control civilisations. The great philosopher Aristotle stated: 'Law should govern'. In view of that, the regulation of a society should be based on these set of rules established by an authority, which are designed to create economic, social and political stability. It is what maintains our societies and prevents an eruption of chaos and destruction. Law has an impact on everything we do, from creating a personal statement where copyright infringement laws take prevalence, deterring individuals from engaging in plagiarism, to criminal law which protects society from harmful individuals.... [tags: Personal Ambition]
854 words (2.4 pages)