Family gathering is the highlights to some culture. Gathering brings out the tradition and value that signify the love and unity of families and friends. As a kid, my family gathering would be an event that I would look forward to. Amorous stare of my grandparents when they look into one another eyes of the beautiful life they created with their kids. Family gathering with food brings out every aspect in my family such as love, fruitful blessing, and most of all the sweetest gossip.
Love and food go hand in hand in the Curley’s gathering. In my observation with my family I noticed that everyone gets together and pitches in to make our gathering a success. For example, my grandmother has always been the planner in the family. She is always the one to make a list of every item we need for the gatherings. Grandma makes sure everyone is invited in a timely fashion and gives family specific instruction to make the family gathering a success. As I watched her in admiration I notice that she has a determined spirit. In other words, even though things might not turn out exactly how she plans she never let that stop her with future gatherings. Values that were instill in my grandmother is marvelous. She believes that family represents a true beauty of a person, although, some might be blood related family that does not make them any more significant than those that are related through marriage or long term friendships. Her generosity of her love speaks a multitude of volumes, especially when she opens up her home for the family gathers. As a result of my grandmother consist tradition with family gatherings her daughters adopted the same values. My aunts are the ones that help with the cooking of the food preparation. They grew up watchin...
... middle of paper ...
...g blesses the one that might not have dinner planned that particular night, and leaving the family house with enough food that might last for 3-5 days depending on how huge their immediate household might be. Meanwhile, giving that family member or friend an appreciative smile for showing up to the gatherings will probably be embedded in their minds for a long time coming.
Although, some family might not gather with food it’s doesn’t mean the gatherings doesn’t signify anything. Anytime a large group of people unite in my opinion, that contribute to my theory of what love and family is all about. Just being there for one another for the good moments and most of all for the bad is a true definition of family. Although, family might work on some people nerves a little I can honestly say I’m truly blessed for mines. Loud, obnoxious, and loving is the Curley’s family.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Personal Statement I choose to be a Family Nurse Practitioner. In many ways, it has also chosen me. I was twelve years old when I first thought of becoming a nurse. I was spending time with my elderly neighbor who was like a grandmother to me, and she had an accident. She was mortified. I ran over and got something to clean it up and started to wipe up the mess without thinking about it. “We all have accidents,” I said. After she got changed she said, “You were meant to be a nurse. Some day you will be, I just know it.” She passed away later that year and I have never forgotten that moment.... [tags: Health care, Patient, Medicine, Health]
1277 words (3.6 pages)
- PERSONAL STATEMENT All it takes is one person, one patient to change your life forever. FIRST PARAGRAPH The first paragraph should introduce the reader to you (Who Am I?). Family/Emergency/Surgery My parents were both employed by the Young Medical Team Associations; a Non-Governmental Organization founded by volunteers through the devastating war since 1980, to help with the war victims and wounded patients in borders of Iran, the main spots of attacks. Their brave attempts to save lives, in the whirlwind of noise and fuel fumes, during the dark nights of cruel war stroked the first sparks of my passion towards helping people and bringing remarkable changes to their lives.... [tags: Medicine, Physician, Medical imaging]
1832 words (5.2 pages)
- The name of the agency that I am currently interring with is Family and Children’s agency in Norwalk, CT. The mission statement of the agency is to collaborate with individuals, families, organizations, and communities to help them realize life’s possibilities. The agency has more than 70 years of experience in the field of social work and human services. They offer programs to individuals thorough out the life cycle, including children, families, youth, adults and seniors. Their programs include intensive in-home child & adolescent psychiatric services, family support and prevention services, support for first time parents, permanency placement services program, Korean adoption, community c... [tags: Family, Parent, Mother, Child]
2026 words (5.8 pages)
- Before I reached high school both my parents were already deceased. They would never be able to attend sporting events,watch me graduate, or be able to embarrass me as I go out on my first date, take an excess amount of pictures of me before my first school dance, be able to experience my first heartbreak or me falling in love. However I have done all of these thing, and much more experiencing more in my eighteen years of life than I had ever suspected I would have to do alone. My family weren’t like the ones you see on television.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father, Parent]
1033 words (3 pages)
- “Critical pedagogy involves problem posing, reflective thinking, knowledge gathering, and collaborative decision making. It helps students and teachers find and express their voice, in oral and written form” (Ovando & Combs, 2012, p.110). Creating lessons that connects to the students’ life experiences will help with student engagement, but that alone will not develop higher level thinking skills and generate reflective thinking. Teachers need to create a learning environment that stimulate student questioning.... [tags: Mind, Thought, Idea, Art]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- Todays, edition is very personal. I am celebrating my 87th cigarette-free day. Three-months of detoxification and I am treating myself to a cup of tea, not in the usual open air, but inside the shop. Over the years I got used to sitting outside, come rain or shine, because I liked what I thought was my freedom to light up a cigarette, puff and make smoke circles in the air, if a nosy old lady didn’t come to chastises me for smoking. I am not being sexist here, because for every man who complained about my smoking, nine old women did so.... [tags: Smoking, Nicotine, Tobacco, Smoking cessation]
1751 words (5 pages)
- Professional Responsibility and Accountability I frequently ask the public nurse I am working with for feedback and keep in constant communication with them during my shift. I also ask my instructor for feedback on an ongoing basis to continually try and improve in my practice. For example, when working on teaching plan and PowerPoint for grade 6 and 7, I checked in with the public health nurse to seek feedback. Furthermore, I wrote weekly reflection in order to identify gaps and goals for sequent weeks( #2, Assesses own practice and undertakes activities to improve practice and meet identified learning goals on an ongoing basis) I make sure I am healthy enough to take care of patients befor... [tags: Nursing, Health care, Health, Education]
1184 words (3.4 pages)
- Having my own car was one of my biggest wishes when I was a kid. All of my friends were at the same age as mine, and they had their own cars before even getting their driving licenses. That is common in my culture, but it also depends on our parents if they wanted to give us a car or not. As a fifteen year old kid, I really wanted to have my own car so bad especially after seeing all of my friends having their own. Arguing with my father to get me a car was in my daily routine and I had never stopped trying.... [tags: Automobile, Driving, English-language films]
1183 words (3.4 pages)
- After taking the MBTI, I learned more about myself by figuring out that the way that I prefer to get my energy is as an introversion person. Not just that but what surprised me is that I am a sensing person when it comes to gather information. Now, when I start making my decisions, I make them base on my thinking. Finally, the way that I organize my world is by judging. The outcome of this test surprised me but not on everything. There were some results that I thought it fit me and some that were different of what I thought.... [tags: Thought, United States, Personality psychology]
942 words (2.7 pages)
- In family therapy sessions, therapists encounter unique dilemmas when only one partner enters into therapy because only one viewpoint of the problem is provided (American Psychological Association, 2002). This is what presents itself for us today. A husband has asked for help in protecting himself and his children from his wife’s outbursts. His family consists of his wife of 11 years, Angelina; his son, John, age nine; and his delicate daughter, Jackie, age seven. Since this client is reserved and uncomfortable within the therapy session as demonstrated by his folded arms and leaning back in his chair away from the therapist, the therapist will begin by using client-centered, therapy-based q... [tags: Psychology ]
1719 words (4.9 pages)