•Recognize and reflect on the diversity of their student population
Module 1 had two different parts. The first part was to introduce ourselves to the classmates and discuss our educational goals. I was guided into creating a wiki and introduced to Class Café.
The second part of module 1 was an assignment over a reflection. The reflection was over the diversity of student population. The content I mainly focused was the articles from the Brown University website that was provided. The website had a lot of topics such as culture, traits, problems and strategies that an educator should take into consideration when teaching diverse students or ELL students. My reflection was established due to the three insights I found interesting from the website. The module content did not only prepare me to complete the assignment, but I also put the information into practice in my job, since I am an ELL tutor.
2. Reflect and discuss how the content in Module 2 prepared you to demonstrate mastery on the assignment in Module 2.
Analyze their content to identify an appropriate concept, evaluate the content to determine the details that should be included in a presentation created for online learning.
Module 2 focused on distance education. After reading the articles provided by module 2, I acknowledge that education can be provided by a lot of methods and not the traditional teaching method; in the classroom. Constructing a presentation that was not PowerPoint was a challenge, since I have always used that tool. I went out of my comfort zone and made a presentation on Prezi. I believe, that the “Assignment Resource” folder was very helpful, not only in this module but th...
... middle of paper ...
...rst graduate course. I was very pleased that the structure was easy to follow. The due dates for assignments were reasonable and feedback was given in a timely manner. Online courses have their drawbacks due to not going to a physical classroom and building that relationship with classmates and the professor. However, I believe that the professor structured this course in one that benefited all of us. Emails and Class Café were very useful throughout this course.
10. What worked and/or what specific changes would you suggest in this course?
I do not think there is a lot to change about this course. The only thing I would suggest is to be more specific on assignments. Most of the questions that were asked on Class Café related to assignment questions. Other than that, I enjoyed this course.
I appreciate your time to answer emails and questions through Class Café.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Statement of Philosophy and Educational Goals In the following report, I will be discussing my personal philosophy on education and my educational goals. My philosophy will include some of my personal opinions on the nature of students, the nature of knowledge, the purpose of public education, teaching methods and the importance of curriculum. My educational goals will focus on my development plans and future education. I feel that it is natural for students, or for that matter anyone, to want to learn.... [tags: Philosophy of Education Statement Teachers Essays]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- As a nation, the United States is very focused on education. It is viewed as one of the most important aspects in life. Teachers are not only educators, but they also set the goal for each life of the students they touch. If teachers did not exist, society, jobs, technology and everything else would not exist. We would be nothing but cavemen still drawing on the walls of caves. Teachers are not only educators, but parents and providers. They provide love to each student they come by, and provide them with the knowledge that is needed to succeed in life.... [tags: teaching goals, teaching philosophy]
1326 words (3.8 pages)
- My Purpose Paper My personal purpose statement is to pursue success through customer satisfaction using my restorative, intellection and futuristic strength themes. My top personal goal is to be able to be successful. Along with that, I want to be able to form relationships and bonds that last a lifetime with genuine people who have my best interest at heart. I want to be able to be content with every aspect of my life and not constantly doubt myself or my abilities. My top career goal is to be a lodging manager at a well-known hotel or resort who is constantly validated for their work and efforts to keep the hotel/resort running smoothly.... [tags: Hotel, Lodging, Hospitality industry, Management]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- Statement of Educational Goals and Philosophy I can still remember coming home from school after an exciting day in the first grade. I would go straight to my room, line all of my dolls up in the floor, and “teach” them everything I had learned earlier that day. But of course, not every child who pretends to be a teacher in his or her early years actually becomes a teacher. So although I enjoyed “teaching,” I never really considered it as a choice for my life-long career. But the summer after ninth grade made me rethink my options.... [tags: My Philosophy of Education]
693 words (2 pages)
- Statement of Educational Goals The role of the teacher has changed, perhaps evolved is a better word, since students left the atmosphere of home schooling to that of the classroom. I'm sure that there have always been innovative teachers, but lecture and paperwork (or slate board work) were at one time the norm. In some classes it still is. However, the fact that we have so many stu- dies concerning the development of learning skill, such as the four stages that Piaget ident- ified, and so many theories on the best way to teach a child, such as Constructivism versus Behavorialism, indicates that many educators have realized there have to be better ways, than exclusive lecture and paper... [tags: Philosophy of Education Teaching Essays]
1326 words (3.8 pages)
- What is my personal purpose. Is a question that I have never thought to ask myself until recently. Then when I started learning more about a personal purpose I started wondering if I have one and what it was. I never thought of myself has having a real purpose until a watched an interview Will Smith had did and he had said “When your life means something to someone other than yourself than you have a purpose.” That is when I realized that I have a purpose. My purpose is that I am the hug that let others know it is going to be ok.... [tags: English-language films, Debut albums, Goal]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- Statement of Educational Philosophy What is a humanitarian. Webster's Dictionary defines it as one who practices philanthropy; an effort to promote human welfare. As a child, I always knew I wanted to become a humanitarian. I have always loved to help people, which I viewed as a very special gift granted from God. However, it never occurred to me that becoming a teacher would be the best way to share my gift. I always looked at health care options and even exceeded in the nursing program.... [tags: Philosophy of Education Statement Teaching Essays]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- My Educational Goals and Philosophy Statement Every person has an opinion about one thing or another about our educational system. I want to become more familiar with the current educational issues. In doing this, I will need to be respectful and open minded about the issues at hand and understand that they will be different and challenging to me. I will also expect in return that in return that people will treat me with the same courtesy given to them. Throughout this philosophy statement, I will discuss some of my educational opinions and goals based upon my brief experiences.... [tags: Philosophy of Education Teaching Essays]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- My Statement of Educational Goals and Philosophy Throughout my life I have had mentors, mentors that I have looked up to and admired, those mentors have been teachers. As long as I have remembered I have wanted to be a teacher. How could you not want to experience the joy of helping a child grow up in to adults. Being in the education profession will be very trying, but if I can just influence one person it will be worth it all. Influence is a very powerful thing, teachers know how to use influence to their advantage.... [tags: Education Teaching Teachers Essays]
746 words (2.1 pages)
- My Statement of Educational Goals and Philosophy Deciding to become a teacher was a tough decision for me to make. I originally was a business administration major and hoped to become an accountant, but I was unhappy in this field. After a few years of college in this field and taking these classes I got married and started my family. After I had my beautiful baby girl over two years ago I realized a nine to five job every day with just a hope of a two week vacation once a year to spend time with my family was not for me.... [tags: Education Teaching Teachers Essays]
841 words (2.4 pages)