I am very thankful for providing me this opportunity and it is with sincere sense of gratification that I pen my brief statement of purpose. The course of Information Technology which I pursued at GURU NANAK college of Engineering further advanced the deep curiosity I had in computer science and mathematics since childhood .It is only natural that after completing my course I had a penchant to learn more, which guided me to take up the decision to pursue graduate study in research oriented and technological areas like Computer Science and Information Technology, that touch the lives of many in this modern age.
The deep interest in computer science was engendered, when I was introduced to languages like BASIC and LOGO, during my early age at school. I studied at Bashyam Public School, that has the goal of imparting quality education and inculcating scientific and research oriented thinking as one of its prime objectives, also equally accentuating the importance of human ethics and its role in education. This shaped me into a student with a sense of responsibility and character. After I entered High School I was exposed to languages such as C, C++, Java, HTML and many more. This really opened new avenues for me and I became totally engrossed learning and applying them. My interest in mathematics prompted me to take up Algorithm design and, studying this was a joy. I have always felt comfortable with the subjects of mathematics & physics and my stable performance in these areas evince the reason. Therefore, I have opted for the same in my intermediate (10+2) course and got through it in the first division with distinction. Also, I participated in extracurricular activities like quiz competitions and sports eve...
... middle of paper ...
...study at your esteemed university.
Also, upon successful completion of my graduate course I plan to do my Ph. D studies in
The field of computer science. The M.S degree would make me technically more advanced in the field .The challenges faced while doing my graduate course would provide me a good impetus and pathway for carrying out my research work, which I am deeply interested since my childhood days
I look upon the graduate program in your department as an avenue to hone my skills and to help me reach the culmination of my scientific career. I assure you that I would keep up my diligence and good demeanor during the course. I hope you find my purpose definitive and fit in to your image of a promising student. I look forward to prove myself.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I’m currently working on an Information Technology (IT) department as the admin for the network. I have acquired my Master’s Degree in Engineering System Management. But still. I would want to pursue my degree in Computer Science. I would like to finish the said degree because of various reasons. First, I really have good skills in programming, and in developing software and hardware. The field of computer science optimize the use of computers in solving real world problems. These utilizes the designing of computer programs – which are known as software – as well as the development of the hardware.... [tags: computing problems, technology]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- The mind must never be kept idle because of its tremendous capacity to absorb and learn. After careful consideration of my aptitude, interests and experiences gained while pursuing my under graduation in the field of Computer Science and Engineering, I have decided to pursue my Masters in the field of Computer Science. Being a dynamic and ever evolving field, many new developments are expected and there is immense scope for research on new products and applications. To progress and make a mark in this field, I realize that it is important for me to pursue my Masters from a reputable university.... [tags: education, technology, academics]
631 words (1.8 pages)
- ... At GCSE, as the closest subject to computing offered by my college, I chose ICT to continue to improve my abilities and knowledge in computers. Taking this course turned out to show both my commitment to my education and my time management skills, as a problem with the coursework briefing in the first year resulted in me completing the entire GCSE in the second. At A Level, I have again chosen ICT. The coursework focus at A2 is around database development using Microsoft Access. As someone who enjoys the challenge of going beyond the set criteria, I have used a significant amount of Visual Basic code to build my database, as well as exploring many extra functions of the software.... [tags: technology, computers, knowledge, aviation]
554 words (1.6 pages)
- It was quite a strange decision in my friends view to take commerce and economics in my O & A levels respectively, as my major subjects were mathematics and physics. Yes a strange decision for many, but not for me. From the days of my secondary education my goals were crystal clear;I wanted to merge technology with management.I believe that having a technical knowledge is very important in taking a leadership role successfully, so I kept my science subjects all the way. So I took admission in Electrical Engineering at National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences.... [tags: science, engineering, computer]
671 words (1.9 pages)
- After doing all the assignment and using all the useful resources you gave us I have fully created my future education plan. Before taking this class I was not so sure about my future plans and still had questions about what I wanted to do in the future. My plans for the future were influenced by many things I learned throughout my time in the class. My plans for the future is going to University of North Carolina at Greensboro and double major in computer science and graphic design or engineering.... [tags: computer science, graphic engineering]
1044 words (3 pages)
- Computer Science was a logical culmination of my fascination for computers. Having done four year course in computer science and engineering, I would like to fortify my skills with the help of a master’s degree, which will equip me with the up-to-date tools and knowledge that are the need of the hour. My long term aim of securing a challenging position where I can effectively contribute my skills as software professionals, possessing competent technical skills can be achieved with the help of a master’s degree, that has hands on experience in real time applications accompanied by in-depth knowledge of the subject.... [tags: computer science, education]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- Concepts of Feature Computer Science In the 21s century, the field of computer science is experiencing fundamental transformations. In this article “Three New Concepts of Future Computer Science” was written as an observation result of a new computer science resulted from the six-year Sino-USA computer science leadership exchanges. The authors of this article , Zhi-Wei and Dan-Dan Tun, list three new concepts of the future computer science: computational lens, computational thinking, and ternary computing.... [tags: Computer science, Computer, Fields of science]
1035 words (3 pages)
- Statement of Purpose In the pristine place of Goa where parties and fun is at its peak, I was present there for the coding competition of Google. Though standing runner-up I learnt the vital phase of fun with work, in this Endeavour. This competition paved the way for me to pursue Master in Computer Science, which would help me to be a Google employee. Being in the kernel of technological and computing revolution, the field of Artificial Intelligence tends to change the human-computer interaction.... [tags: Computer science, Computer]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- ... I pursued my 12th grade CBSE Intermediate Board Exam securing 98% marks in Computer Science and 92% in Mathematics. My interest in Computer Science grew way back in school days and I began to expand my skills in programming and development. My interest and passion towards Mathematics and Computer science, particularly programming, gained me an undergraduate degree in Computer Science and Engineering, in one of the most reputed colleges in India - College of Engineering Trivandrum. In the early years of my undergraduate studies spanning 4 years, I gained in depth knowledge of the basic programming languages C, C++ and Java.... [tags: India, engineering, research]
639 words (1.8 pages)
- Women have played a large role in the creation of computer science. The first computer programmer was a woman (Philips 463). The first compiler for a programming language (Grace Murray Hopper) and object oriented programming language were developed by women (The Early History of Smalltalk). Today, the field is very different, with only 18% of undergraduate degrees for computer science awarded to women which has decreased from 37% in 1985 (Why So Few Women Are Studying Computer Science). If this problem is not addressed it will only become worse as the disproportionate number of jobs in the field are taken by men which can discourage female participation and even create a sexist environment.... [tags: Computer science, Computer, Programming language]
1059 words (3 pages)