On that fateful day as I stood in my black and pink salmon graduation gown, I pondered on the skills I was equipped with, in just 11 months of master 's study and I yearned for more. While these skills have enabled me to function as a research fellow at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) post-graduation, I find myself seeking to enhance them and gain more knowledge. My attendance at professional conferences, registration in short courses, and seeking mentorship can attest to this fact. Thus, in my quest for continued academic and professional excellence, I deem it necessary to pursue a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program in epidemiology and the Department of Epidemiology at the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health (JHSPH) will be the perfect academic environment in which to do so. Being my alma mater, I witnessed first-hand the quality education offered by the outstanding faculty. The opportunity to work hand in hand with JHSPH renowned researchers who have made tremendous contributions to various research studies and the prospect of establishing a mentoring relationship with them is held in high regard. Also, the effort at promoting innovative research, cross-cultural diversity, and great alumni networks, are undeniable perks obtainable at JHSPH. No wonder JHSPH is ranked the best academic institution in the public health field nationwide!
Having gained some research experience during my year as a master 's student and at the FDA, my desire to engage in and carry out innovative and independent research has become reinforced. Therefore, it is with careful consideration, I seek to pursue a PhD in epidemiology with a concentration in General Epidemiology and Methodology. As a tra...
... middle of paper ...
...at my next research assignment at the FDA is on the opioid-use epidemic.
I believe that my resilience, commitment, resourcefulness, academic and professional background, in addition to my in-depth knowledge of scientific principles combined with my statistical ability to analyze data, make me well suited for the epidemiology PhD program at JHSPH. I am confident that I would fit in very well with your institution, its culture, and its beliefs. Bearing in mind Malcolm X 's quotation as true: "Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today"; I strongly hope I 'm granted admission into the prestigious Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, as this will help launch my career towards becoming a seasoned epidemiologist. Thank you in advance for your consideration of my application and I look forward to hearing from you.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE I am very thankful for providing me this opportunity and it is with sincere sense of gratification that I pen my brief statement of purpose. The course of Information Technology which I pursued at GURU NANAK college of Engineering further advanced the deep curiosity I had in computer science and mathematics since childhood .It is only natural that after completing my course I had a penchant to learn more, which guided me to take up the decision to pursue graduate study in research oriented and technological areas like Computer Science and Information Technology, that touch the lives of many in this modern age.... [tags: Graduate school, College, Statement of purpose]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE I have always believed to set a goal, focused on it, achieve the goal and then again set another goal to achieve that. With the work experience of two years that has imparted the basic skills and knowledge of the professional field; I would like to put my next step to achieve my goal by pursuing Master degree in Computer Science. I have done my schooling from ST.JOSEPH’S HIGH SCHOOL which was one of the best Christian Minority institutions located at Kothagudem, Andhra Pradesh, India .I was strongly motivated to pass my tenth class exams with over 77 percent marks.... [tags: computer science, education]
1144 words (3.3 pages)
- As a student who began her college career without specific objectives, I never thought I would be writing a personal statement for an application to receive a Master’s Degree in the social work profession. However, I feel now that there is no other future for me than that of offering my education and personal commitment to vulnerable individuals in order to stabilize their lives. After careful consideration of all areas of social work, I have found that my main area of interest is in providing resources and encouragement for individuals with disabilities to gain the freedom to live independent lifestyles without discrimination.... [tags: Personal Ambition]
770 words (2.2 pages)
- A Thesis is: -The statement of the author’s position on a topic or subject. -Clear, concise, and goes beyond fact or observation to become an idea that needs to be supported. -Often a statement of tension, where the author refutes or complicates an existing assumption or claim (counterargument). -Often answers WHY or HOW questions related to the topic at hand. A Thesis Statement is Not: - A statement of fact or observation (no matter how astute the observation). - A statement of personal conviction or opinion.... [tags: Writing a Thesis Statement 2014]
500 words (1.4 pages)
- Personal Statement Application to Infection and Immunity MSc Program I began high school in 2003. Like every other student I aimed for the so called high and prominent careers and my first choice was Medicine while my second choice was nursing. This led me to volunteer in a hospital immediately after High school but after the results were out I did not qualify for the Medicine program as a government sponsored student instead, I was selected for the General Science program. I did not know what the program entailed when I enrolled in the university but I embraced it positively and settled on making it work for me.... [tags: personal statement of purpose]
698 words (2 pages)
- Writing a personal statement can be a daunting task. A personal statement is unique to each person. “A personal statement is usually requested when applying for scholarships and graduate school.” Also certain type of jobs such as competitive teaching and research appointments in education, for positions with non-profit organizations, or for internship applications require a personal statement. (“Personal Statements”) So a good personal statement is very important. There things that must be done in order to have a good personal statement.... [tags: organizational skills, grammar]
1293 words (3.7 pages)
- ... The game of cricket taught me how to analyze, work as a team and under high-pressure situation. In addition, local community honored me for organizing our quarterly dental checkup camps. I learned that giving back to the community is not only important but also imperative for my school and me. The four years of dental school laid a strong foundation of medicine/dentistry and overview of healthcare industry in my mind and I realized it is an excellent system with effective outcomes. But to my disbelief during my public health research projects the results were contradictory.... [tags: public health, research]
1067 words (3 pages)
- My career goal is to help youth find a career path that they love and want to pursue for a lifetime. I believe that a Master of Arts in Counseling would help me to facilitate this goal. A person’s career is such a part of an individual’s identity, in my opinion; it should be commonplace for individuals to begin exploring career paths in early childhood. A degree in Counseling with a School emphasis would allow me to work in the school system to help students begin to explore their employable interests.... [tags: statement of purpose, career choices]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- Examination of the Purpose, Roles and Responsibilities of a Range of Public Services The roles and responsibility of the Police force This is a mission statement made by the Metropolitan Police. “We would provide a high quality Police service in the city of London and work with the community, other organisations and agencies, to promote a safe peaceful and crime free environment” There are many roles that a police officer has. Here is a quote, which has been made by the greater Manchester police about roles and responsibilities of the police force.... [tags: Papers]
3721 words (10.6 pages)
- Personal Perspective Paper The author Ken Lakuta (date unknown) once wrote, “Opportunities exists in the air for just a few minutes. If you don’t obey your gut feeling right away, you’ve lost your chance” (Brown, quoting Lakuta, date unknown, p.3). I do not want to miss my chance. I intend to seize the moment and finish the courses necessary to obtain my master’s of business administration for many reasons. With the tools the University has made available to me such as “rEsource”, learning team environment, and problem-based learning I will successfully complete this program and achieve my goal.... [tags: essays research papers]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- The Usage Of The Ipads
- Chapters Four And Five Of Freakonomics By Steven Levitt
- The Syndrome By Proxy Is A Rare Type Of Disorder
- Performance Appraisal : What It Means?
- Dr. Freud 's Theory Of The Latent And Manifest Content Of Dreams
- `` The Masks Of Femininity Perceptions Of The Feminine ' And ' The Hunger Games '