My personal health has been something I constantly think about. Whether it’s myself, my parents, my doctor, or others that bring it up, I’m reminded that I need to eat healthier or exercise more, etc. I know that I need to get better about what I eat and try to work more exercise into my daily routine, I just find it hard to find the motivation to go and actually accomplish what I know that I need to do. Especially in today’s society where we’re surrounded by a lot of non-healthy food, and getting access to healthy food is more expensive than the latter, it’s hard to make the better choice and choose the healthy option. I’m hoping now that I’m in college that I’m able to get better at taking care of myself than I have in the past.
Currently, my health and wellness are both a big question mark. Last fall, I was diagnosed with multiple medical issues and have had traumatic events that have affected my physical and mental health. My IBS causes sometimes constant or sudden pain throughout my abdomen that has kept me awake at night on many occasions; my plantar fasciitis causes pain in my feet and knees that can even keep me from walking. Even though doctor’s also found I have a fatty liver when they diagnosed me with IBS, it hasn’t caused me problems until recently. There’re times where I can’t sit properly, move a certain way, or even take deep breaths because there’s such a terrible pressure. Mental health wise I’ve been trying my best to deal with the sudden passing of my cat before last Thanksgiving, and my best friend passing away at the beginning of this past summer. I’m currently seeing a counselor for both my physical and mental health issues and I’m trying to talk to people to help me see the me...
... middle of paper ...
...n on making changes as soon as I can so that I can get myself in the habit of making better decisions, and so that I can hopefully stop health issues before they have a chance to start.
In conclusion, my health has always been a great concern of me and the people around me. It’s also always been hard to stay motivated to make my personal health better. I plan in the future to take my health a lot more seriously in the hopes that I not only make my current state better but also help prevent the possibility of the many diseases that run in my family. As I mentioned before, I know something that will really help me is someone alongside me to help, not only motivate me, but comfort me in times where I can’t keep it together. I want to appreciate the life that I have while I have it, and taking care of myself is one of the many steps to accomplishing that aspiration.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Personal Statement At a young age, I realized that health, in general, fascinated me. Every aspect of health made me want to learn more about it, including the health care delivery, the health care professionals, and lastly the diagnoses. After arriving in Canada and becoming accustomed to the free health care, I discovered that health care resources are difficult to find and to navigate. Initially, studying the science behind the state of health was my focus, but then I learned of the concept of social health.... [tags: Health care, Medicine, Health, Health economics]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- I have learned a lot about my health and wellness thorough out this semester it is truly amazing. The impact these seven different dimensions have on our health they are, physical, intellectual, psychological, spiritual, social, environmental, and occupational all play a role in our health. All in so many different ways working together to make a brighter and happier healthier us. These seven dimensions make up whom we are and how we live our life is all based upon how we balance these dimensions.... [tags: Health, Personal life, Meaning of life]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- My Personal Health My personal health has been something I constantly think about. Whether it’s myself, my parents, my doctor, or others that bring it up, I’m reminded that I need to eat healthier or exercise more, etc. I know that I need to get better about what I eat and try to work more exercise into my daily routine, I just find it hard to find the motivation to go and actually accomplish what I know that I need to do. Especially in today’s society where we’re surrounded by a lot of non-healthy food, and getting access to healthy food is more expensive than the latter, it’s hard to make the better choice and choose the healthy option.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Family, Health care]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- I think it is very important to have the education, skills, and knowledge to be a medical professional especially in the medical administration field. I will obtain a degree in Medical Information Technology, ATA Degree-Medical Billing Specialist Certificate and my expected graduation date is June 2017. I have over 16 years of medical administration experience and with that I also have I have a lot of medical experience as a Navy Corpsman with a wide range of specialties. The most important issue I learned in my medical career is you can have all that experience and it will not help you understand the patients that you are treating, prescribing medications, and in general directions for foll... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Health economics]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- I am glad to be forced to take a look at my personal health and to develop a plan for my future. For the last few years it has been a subject I chose to ignore. Faced with this assignment and the desire to do well on it, I am forced to take a hard look at myself and decide the next steps. Once upon a time I was tall and thin and on the outside all evidence pointed to a much healthier version of myself. I was thin, I exercised 3 or 4 times a week and did everything I knew to do to maintain my weight and keep my physical body in good shape.... [tags: Obesity, Physical exercise, Exercise, Health]
1517 words (4.3 pages)
- PERSONAL STATEMENT Ever since my undergraduate years in medical school, I have been fascinated with public health. Seeing the range of problems public health professionals (consultant community physicians) were contending with and their use of novel and simple measures to solve these, further intrigued me. Of particular interest was the community based postings that took us to a low income, minority, medically underserved community of Ilie, Osun state, Southwestern Nigeria, where I became impressed with the significant improvement in health indices: infant/maternal mortality, infectious diseases, and helminthiasis control etc.... [tags: Infectious disease, Epidemiology, Public health]
705 words (2 pages)
- As a child, everyday after school, my older brother, Josiah, and I would play outside until it got dark. Our favorite was racing around the neighborhood on our roller skates. Although he let me win each race, I felt invincible on my skates, and with each motion I was overwhelmed with a sense of joy and peace. We had no worries in the world, not even our sore legs stopped us from playing outside. As time went on, Josiah grew weaker and I found myself skating alone. The overwhelming joy that skating once brought seemed to grow apart and distant.... [tags: Health care, Medicine]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- D.P. receives an abundance of support in her life. She finds most of her motivation from her family because family means the world to her. The members in her family will encourage her to do her best along with attending diabetic information groups. She finds the support and motivation from her family to be a great way to help deal with her diabetes. Other family members who have diabetes or know someone else with diabetes helps her realize that this is not necessarily an ending of freedom or her life.... [tags: Health care, Health care provider, Patient]
1414 words (4 pages)
- As a freshman, I was conflicted about what I wanted out of college. At the time, I naively believed that I would major in Neuroscience and Arabic while completing plenty of biomedical research on the side. Perhaps I would also sign up for a few clubs here and there and thus produce the perfect resume for medical school. In the following year, I realized that my heart was not into the breakneck agenda I planned for myself and I started to reevaluate just what exactly I wanted to pursue in my undergraduate experience.... [tags: Medicine, Health economics, Healthcare]
743 words (2.1 pages)
- Friendships/Community In part 1 of the professional health paper, I mentioned during that time I did not have any friends that support me nor share the same similarities as I. In addition, I shared that I did not have people in my life that gave their time to listen to my frustrations. In September, I was not succeeding in this area of my life. There were multiple times that I felt alone. Now, I recently met two girls that live on campus that I connect with and one that lives off campus. We sometimes do homework together and we also spent time together outside of Olivet.... [tags: Personal life, Happiness, God, Prayer]
1682 words (4.8 pages)