My strong desire of having a car made me do something foolish that I wont ever forget and really taught me a lesson. One day I woke up feeling wonderful in a beautiful morning while my whole family was gathering for lunch. I went to them and started chattering with my father. While we were talking, my friend Rashed called me. Every time my friends call I know that they want to hang out and have a good time together, and that is what Rashed was calling about. Going out on that beautiful day was going to make the day even more better, so I asked my father nicely if I could go out with Rashed and have a good time, and he said that I can go. Here is when the action begins; Rashed calls me again to tell me that we can’t go out because his brother has taken his car. I went to my father to ask him if I could take his car while I was pretty sure he would not give it to me. I asked him, and suddenly, I was surprised from my father’s ...
... middle of paper ...
... asking myself why my father is not mad and why he did not stop me while I was driving. It took him just few seconds and he arrived, I was waiting to get beaten up really hard, but instead, he looked it me and he told me “didn’t I tell you that you will remember my words someday?” Without feeling myself, my tears began to fall down and I started running towards him asking him to forgive me, he told me “now do you know why I wouldn’t buy you a car? I will forgive you if you promise me that you do not tell me again that you want your own car.” After that incident, I really knew what my father was trying to explain to me all that time, I was really happy that my father actually cared about me more than the car and he was scared of me getting hurt. That incident will always be in my memories because it taught me that parents know what is best and safe for their own kids.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Personal Finance Personal Finance is a class I’ve wanted to take for a while now. My major is Finance not because I want a career in finance but more to learn about finance for my own personal situation. This class taught me so much. During this class I was able to evaluate my financial situation and set financial goals for myself. The four topics that helped me the most were emergency savings, buying a car, purchasing a home, retirement, and estate planning. After completing this class I have a better understanding of these topics and how to achieve my financial goals.... [tags: Investment, Pension, Personal finance, Automobile]
1820 words (5.2 pages)
- Leaders will no matter what have an influence on our world. They have missions, dreams and ambition, and with these things they are bound to go far. For leaders, what makes these dreams come true is having strong qualities such as leadership practices, values and strengths. If developed and learned how to use correctly, these are what take leaders to the next level and accomplish great things. In the following paper I will talk about leadership in our ever-changing world, explore my leadership practices, values and strengths as well as elaborate on the goals I have made to challenge myself as a leader.... [tags: Statement of Leadership]
2266 words (6.5 pages)
- When we first started talking about travel and tourism I had a very broad understanding of it. Thinking about it then, it was just defined to me as ‘getting away from home for a few days’. Understanding it now there are so many different definitions to tourism and they all have their pros and cons. I never really considered the three elements that I have heard belong in tourism and somehow those elements still fail to grasp the small meaning that travel can have on a person. To me travel can really open up parts of your personality that you may have forgotten, it gives you the feeling of being small, and can even restore your soul to find purpose.... [tags: Personal life, Leisure, Psychology]
1310 words (3.7 pages)
- I have learned a lot about my health and wellness thorough out this semester it is truly amazing. The impact these seven different dimensions have on our health they are, physical, intellectual, psychological, spiritual, social, environmental, and occupational all play a role in our health. All in so many different ways working together to make a brighter and happier healthier us. These seven dimensions make up whom we are and how we live our life is all based upon how we balance these dimensions.... [tags: Health, Personal life, Meaning of life]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- I learned from the high school class I taught that two people can be looking at the same thing but each see something very different. The teacher (me) was white, privileged, and coddled throughout my suburban childhood and adolescence. Most students in my class were black or brown, poor, and grew up mostly on their own, living on the unforgiving urban street. They opened my eyes (often against my will and certainly against my “druthers”) to their alternative society. I learned that this hidden society exists unseen and mostly ignored within the larger normal American society of laws, schools, careers, and families; it comes to the attention of general society’s gatekeepers only at points of... [tags: Personal Experience, Autobiography]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- Self-Driving Vehicles: Putting Your Life in the Hands of a Computer Is it safe for self-driving cars be allowed to operate on streets along with human driven vehicles. Automated vehicles are most likely what the future has in store. I believe it is merely a matter of when the technology is at a satisfactory level for it to be safe enough for everyone to use. I have always been very interested in “the technology of the future” as well as anything mechanical. Currently I am pursuing a degree in diesel engineering.... [tags: Automobile, Driverless car, Vehicle, Vehicles]
1273 words (3.6 pages)
- For a goal to be the most efficient it can be, it has to be S.M.A.R.T. as Siegel and Yacht (2009) explain in our textbook, Personal Finance. Personal finance is the way we conduct and work with our own household finances and how we make the best of what we have. Goals we make in doing that have to be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely. Let me explain these five individually. We have to make our goals specific which means nothing general such as, "my goal is to succeed in life.” Those kinds of goals won 't work.... [tags: Finance, Investment, Debt, Economics]
793 words (2.3 pages)
- Personal Statements Describe how you have taken advantage of a significant educational opportunity or worked to overcome an educational barrier you have faced. I have been in the United States for almost seven years and the greatest obstacle that I have faced until now is learning English. It has been a journey for me to adapt to American society: a society that I knew nothing about and my language barrier restricted my ability to communicate. Starting my freshman year in high school, I borrowed kids’ books from my seven-year-old nephew and started reading with a dictionary alongside.... [tags: High school, Better, Business, Management]
1091 words (3.1 pages)
- This May Be My Last Time – I don’t know / So this is for you to KNOW. I often skim down my timeline and many things that I share here publicly on Facebook, YouTube, Blogger, and surely and other social media network that I have access to. It’s never my intention to do so when my fingers start walking across this keyboard. I always trust it was God’s will that for whatever reason whatever will be coming through from my fingertips will be used for His Glorification at the “End Result”. Before I share what I’m about to I’ve got to take a minute and talk a little bit about me from me...... [tags: drug, drinking, bible, god]
1828 words (5.2 pages)
- “Hunny, please bring the bags to the car and do not forget your jacket on the counter!” my mom shouted from the bottom of the staircase. Every year for vacation, we would always prepare an emergency kit, directions, the latest updates on weather/road conditions, a portable stove, gallons of water, and the trip’s details categorized inside our itinerary organizer. However, while heading down to the Grand Canyon one year, we were stopped by a sudden snow storm and multiple roadblocks forcing us to take detours and change our plans.... [tags: Auotobiographical, Coming of Age]
1294 words (3.7 pages)
- Roles And Responsibilities Of Teacher Leadership
- Rising Rent Prices Nationwide And Job Growth
- Nursing Mental Health Unit With An Admitting Diagnosis Of Bulimia Nervosa
- Environmental Sustainability, Economic Sustainability And Social Sustainability
- My First Full Time Job Out Of High School
- Personal Narrative : My Passion For Reading