My ultimate life mission is to be able to say that I’ve accomplished or fulfilled God 's purpose for my life here on earth.
What am I about?
I am about love and forgiveness. "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you" (Ephesians 4:32). At a young age, my father instilled in me the power of love and forgiveness; he taught these things in word and also through his actions.
What are the character qualities I would like to emulate?
I would like to emulate humility, patience, and self-control. I fall short in these areas and I hope to fully possess these qualities in the future.
What legacy do I want to leave?
I hope to inspire others to love and be kind to not only themselves but others as well. I would also like to leave a legacy redefining the meaning of beauty. Promoting positive self and body image is a huge passion; I hope to inspire others through the life that I 've lived and through my work (blog and photography). Growing up, I was viciously ridiculed for having dark skin, for being chubby, and for being African. I went through years of depression and self-hate, feeling unworthy of life. I decided to cry out to the Lord for His intervention in my life.
About a year the Lord starting assuring me of how worthy I am in His eyes. As he was worked on my self-esteem, I decided to shave my head nearly bald and unapologetically “force” myself to love who I am without hiding behind anything. In doing so, my self-worth was not only restored but this act of boldness inspired so many young women around me. I want the life I live to be an inspiration to many.
What do I want to have that I feel is important?
I want to have an unwavering faith in Lord; to ...
... middle of paper ...
...happiness/love in the Lord and also that we are doubtlessly satisfied with what we’re doing here on earth.
• Possible life goals for me are to love God and also love and inspire others.
In summation, my mission in life is to exude the love of God into others. I want to inspire others to reach their full potential in life and also see how valuable they are here on earth. My desire is that people will come to knowledge of God and serve Him with all of their hearts. I also stated that I desire to fully obtain humility, patience, and self-control. I hope to redefine the true meaning of beauty and help people fine true happiness. I am greatly satisfied when I am able to bring joy into other people’s lives; I want the life that I live to be an inspiration to others. Lastly, I desire to sincerely say that I have completed the work that I’ve destined to do here on earth.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- If I wrote this paper 20 years ago while I was attending North Central Bible College, my thoughts on what I believed was the personal call on my life and of my plans for ministry after college would have created an essay that is significantly different than what I am writing here. My interpretation of a calling was probably like most of the students that attended NCBC, that it is a divine mission placed on your life, meaning that your life is dedicated to the furthering of the Gospel through the means of full-time career minded ministry.... [tags: Personal Experience]
1772 words (5.1 pages)
- Post University has been a student-focused, career-driven institution committed to helping students reach their personal and professional goals since 1890. The University has a rich history of providing students with the skills they need to compete in the global marketplace. Post was founded as the Matoon Shorthand School to support the training and educational needs of the blossoming industries of central Connecticut. Today the mission of Post University goes beyond the purposes of our early founders to provide students with a more broadly-based university education underpinning their career skill preparation in their chosen majors.... [tags: Health, Health care, Nursing, Registered nurse]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- Mission and Vision Statement Mission Statement: As an educator I will provide for students the opportunity to make a positive difference in their lives to help them accomplish unexpected goals. I will enhance learning to support my students in achieving their highest potential by integrating technology into the curriculum. I will integrate conceptual technology learning techniques that will implement concrete knowledge of technology that will emphasize mastery of understanding. Through committed support from educators, faculty, staff, parents, and the community, I will advance learning to support my students.... [tags: Education]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- Personal Statement Success is the only word that comes to mind when I think about my future. All of my life I have dreamed of becoming a successful person who gives back to the community through counseling or social services. Growing up in the small town of Tulare has limited me to the amount of opportunities that I have. Many of my friends come from low-income families that have to use government services that provide financial support. Seeing the poverty around me is motivation for me to search for a better life.... [tags: College, High school, Higher education]
1281 words (3.7 pages)
- I have been working as a parent liaison for the past 12 years a parent liaison is someone who works in the school system assisting parents with education in the parental field trying to help with computer skills phone skills and simple thing professional phone skills. I do daily attendance as I work with the school truancy department to make sure that the parents understand the important of education. I also coach college cheerleaders and teach dance. Just to live comfortable and it is very hard.... [tags: Personal Experience]
2255 words (6.4 pages)
- Personal Career Statement I developed a love for public health very early in my career, after a brief life changing experience in rural Nigeria. My medical school had closed for six months in my fifth year, because of a strike. I decided to go back to my village in rural eastern Nigeria, to stay with my elderly grandmother. She had diabetes and was showing signs of Alzheimer’s disease. I loved her dearly and wanted to help with her care. My village had no electricity and no health care facility.... [tags: Health care, Healthcare, Health care provider]
1517 words (4.3 pages)
- . Self-employed people are generally happier at work than people working for companies . Least happy professions are: social workers, civil servants, estate agents, secretaries, administrators . Happiest jobs: Clergy, Chief Executives, Managers in agriculture, Company secretaries, Quality assurance and regulatory professionals, Health care practise managers, Medical practitioners, Farmers and hotel managers Other factors which contribute to happiness and motivation . Having a variety of tasks to do.... [tags: Happiness, Personal life, Meaning of life]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- Introduction I am going to discuss what the vision, mission and value statements are and how they are important to our business. Each statement has different qualities which I will discuss in my presentation. The future of our business and the Vision of who we are goes with our philosophy and ideals of who we want to be. The vision statement should inspire your employees and give them direction on how your organization intends them to act and give them purpose. It also, gives our members understanding of what type of private club they would like to do business with.... [tags: business, statements]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- The mission of M&I Bank is based on the Golden Rule. M&I Bank believes in treating its customers, employees, shareholders, and members of the community, the way that they would like to be treated. If M&I Bank is going to thrive, it must assess its threats and recognize its opportunities for success. As the bank looks for opportunities to gain market share in the affluent segment and by cross-selling current clients, there are five ideas that I think M&I Bank should consider to order to enhance its organizational capacity.... [tags: Business Management ]
2131 words (6.1 pages)
- My mission here at State University is to strive to be the best person that I can possibly become. I respect my elders and try to learn good values from them. Also, I try to be a good role model for my friends and youngsters. I appreciate and understand other people's differences and am happy that we’re not all the same. As a team leader, I try to put these differences and diversity to good effect. I take full responsibility for my actions. I am always accountable to my decisions. If I make a mistake, I am always ready to admit it and learn from it.... [tags: My Mission and Goals]
1051 words (3 pages)